Just saw Delicious in Dungeon

Ryujin

Legend
If I was to include this in my campaign then I would limit it to humans. After all, humans tend to use what is poisonous to other creatures as spices.

Hussar

Legend
When you have intelligent monsters, the "ick"factor of eating stuff gets higher and higher. After all, can you eat, say, a minotaur? Is that cannibalism? How about a pegasus? After all, horse is eaten all over the world. But, Pegasi are intelligent creatures. Heck, in 5e, they're considered celestials and not even beasts.

Might make for some interesting table fodder.

Clint_L

Hero
I mean, I just love entertainment that is different, and this show is certainly different. The cooking show angle is not just there as a gag, it really is central to the plot. It was like watching The Legend of Vox Machina meets Top Chef meets Bear Grylls. And the discussion of various digestive processes was hilarious. I laughed out loud when the characters briefly considered whether it would be possible to resurrect someone out of poop. I did not see that coming.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Just watched the first episode with my son. It was enjoyable. @Clint_L sums it up well. If you like anime and D&D and cooking, its a fun watch. Will have to see if the plot is good enough to carry my interest past the gimmick.

Remove ads