Just saw Delicious in Dungeon

Clint_L

Hero
Huh, this episode got me back into the show. After episode 2, I was thinking "cute gimmick" but I don't need to see any more. Then I was looking for something short to watch during dinner in the hotel, taking a break from work, and I watched episodes 3 and 4. They both got me back into the story.

Also, I totally would not be surprise if we eventually see a Kickstarter for a Delicious in Dungeon campaign.
Okay, based on your review I am going to give episode 3 a look. It's on you if my spouse gets mad!

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Okay, based on your review I am going to give episode 3 a look. It's on you if my spouse gets mad!
Um...I'm working overseas in a compound with not much to do on the weekend. Please don't put your marital tranquility on me! :)

That said, the characters motivations and personalities are starting to fill out more, dungeon ecology and politics and peeking in, and the sources of food stuff continue to be creative. Its keeping my interest for now.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Just started watching this. Awesome recommendation! Today's my birthday, so I was planning to just kick it today anyway, but now I have something cool to watch as well, and some great campaign inspiration. Thanks @Hussar !

Oh, and @Whizbang Dustyboots : it does remind me very much of the Monster Overhaul, yes.

Irlo

Hero
I'm going to wait several weeks and check in again. I found the first episode charming and novel, but I couldn't get half-way through the second. Following some comments here, I jumped ahead to #4, but it's not working for me.

I want to like this show.

Ryujin

Legend
I like the show but am starting to think I'd like to see more Dungeon, and a little less Delicious. I'd have been really interested in seeing more of the story in the paintings.

Hussar

Legend
I like the show but am starting to think I'd like to see more Dungeon, and a little less Delicious. I'd have been really interested in seeing more of the story in the paintings.
Yeah. I liked this last episode. But, like a lot of anime, I think it's going to be a REALLY slow reveal. It's one of the reason I tend to not watch anime too much. Just too freaking much faffing around before they get to the point. And then, more often than I like, the series gets cancelled half way through the story.

Makes me really reluctant to watch much anime.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Yeah. I liked this last episode. But, like a lot of anime, I think it's going to be a REALLY slow reveal. It's one of the reason I tend to not watch anime too much. Just too freaking much faffing around before they get to the point. And then, more often than I like, the series gets cancelled half way through the story.

Makes me really reluctant to watch much anime.
Is there a cultural reason for that (or any reason at all really)? I have little experience with anime.

Remove ads