Justin LaNasa shares his opinion of EN World

I suspect asking them on one of the more public facing arenas such as twitter or facebook could reach more people on the question than asking on these forums... ...

TLDR; Calling them out on this website, whether or not they have an account or not, seems more like a PR stunt to appease a local (in this case, the members of the forums) audience rather than a sincere attempt to actually contact them. If serious, why not contact them via one of the means they appear to have listed instead and post the results?

As the OP, I'd like to answer this.

First, I started this thread independently, on my own. I did not collude or consult with Morrus or anyone else at ENWorld before starting this. So there is no way this should be considered a PR stunt by ENWorld. Calling them out here was an action by a user (me).

That being said, I feel alright with calling them out here for multiple reasons. The most important being that they not only have an account here, they were using if for PR purposes to bring ENWorlders to YouTube, and they were active in another thread the very day this interview was done/posted. Calling someone out on a board/medium they don't use (like Tik Tok, as they mentioned in the interview) isn't a way to communicate. But if TSR-Hobbies is going to be an active member and use this site for both personal entertainment and business/marketing purposes, there's no reason that it should be an issue at all for them to respond here.

Most importantly, if @TSR-Hobbies is serious about their desire to talk to people directly, have a conversation, and set the record straight (as they state multiple times in the interview), it's critical to have at least part of that conversation in a forum that isn't their own. When they do interviews like this one, or when posting on their own Discord (or Twitter, etc), TSR is in control. They are choosing what questions are allowed to be asked, and choosing what answers are shown. Multiple people have already reported that they've been blocked by TSR on Twitter, and TSR has even more control over their Discord, email, and phone lines. When one side has all the power, that's not a dialogue; it's a controlled narrative. I want to talk with them as equals, and I know I can't do that on their Discord.

And, as a final note, I will say that I don't think I'm making any ridiculous requests (like the "what did you have for breakfast" question they mention) or being overly inflamatory. Obviously, some users here are a bit more critical than me. But the basics like "Do you have anything to add to this?" really shouldn't be a hard question if they meant what they said publicly. And questions like "How many pages are in the Star Frontiers book you just published" should be super softballs to any publisher.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Hey @TSR-Hobbies, I just wanted to reach out again to ask a few more questions. I saw that "Star Frontiers: New Genesis" went on sale and immediately sold out. Can you tell us where we might find some reviews or photos of the book? Was it sold online or in-store only? How many copies were in the first run? Also, can you give us some more information about the book, like who the authors/artists are, or how long it is? Page count would be great, Table of Contents would be even better. Really any information would be appreciated, as I'm having trouble finding information online.
I bought a copy and it is amazing; unfortunately I can't share any details because the sheer awesomeness paralyzes my fingers and I can't type about it.

I was hoping for something more exciting. But he does call EN World a “very big company”, which is funny. I might put that quote in the site header.

“A very big company” - Justin LaNasa, TSR 9.651(c)
I'd consider that a glowing endorsement. Definitely quote him on that.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
At this point, the whole “nuTSR” saga is approaching The Forest Oracle in peculiarity…

”You see a group of men. They are selling nostalgia and tchotchkes. They are loud and boisterous, sometimes insulting. They are not apologetic. One may or may not have grits. You do not know how many are in the group, because some may be fictional…”

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No offense intended...and probably an unpopular opinion...

I am not pro (Nu-TSR or whatever they are called...TSR Hobbies?)

BUT...

It seems more self-flagellation to congratulate one's own ingenuity by calling someone out on one's own forum (Whether they have an account or not) rather than go directly to their own contact information to get ahold of them.

Now, you may have done this at the same time you made posts on this thread, I don't know, you haven't mentioned it. Whether one likes someone or not, it doesn't strike me quite as apt in a way to try to contact them unless it's more to appease oneself rather than actually contact them.

I looked them up (actually, first time doing it) and found that they apparently have a website and contact information with the contact being

Contact@TSR-Hobbies.com

They also post several pages they have...

Wouldn't it make more sense to contact directly via one of these methods and post the results than trying to call them out on this site which it APPEARS (didn't watch the video, when one mentions something more than 15 minutes long it tells me it's something I don't really want to spend time watching, or in this particular case, didn't really want to waste time watching as I had no interest in it) they are unhappy with (if the comments on the video are anything to understand from)?

Adding: also, even though you are a "[“A very big company” - Justin LaNasa, TSR 9.651(c)]," I suspect asking them on one of the more public facing arenas such as twitter or facebook could reach more people on the question than asking on these forums...but I could also be very mistaken on that as I don't really use any of the social media platforms they list all that much.

Just, as I said, probably an unpopular opinion on the matter.

TLDR; Calling them out on this website, whether or not they have an account or not, seems more like a PR stunt to appease a local (in this case, the members of the forums) audience rather than a sincere attempt to actually contact them. If serious, why not contact them via one of the means they appear to have listed instead and post the results?
They've literally got an account here which they say is for the purposes of answering questions here on EN World, and have posted several times in the last couple of weeks. They've seen it.

I went to the TSR website to see what products they have and the only thing in their store was a limited edition Giantlands boxed set for $129.99 :oops:

That's a lot of money for what looks like a classic Gamma World clone. And that's their only product.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I went to the TSR website to see what products they have and the only thing in their store was a limited edition Giantlands boxed set for $129.99 :oops:

That's a lot of money for what looks like a classic Gamma World clone. And that's their only product.
That wouldn't be TSR, that would be Wonderfiled. Two different companies (now). Yeah, it's kinda confusing who's in which. IIRC --

TSR 3.5 = Ernie Gygax, Justin La Nasa, Michael Hovermale

Wonderfiled = Stephen Dinehart, Jim Ward

(and other people, of course)

To add confusion, Wonderfiled still has control of the TSR.games domain, which points to their site, whereas tsrgames.com points to TSR2, which I thought had changed to Solarian (sp) Games, but still has TSR branding on it.

Last edited:

Not sure if intentional, but that’s excellent wordplay.
Finally! I was worried I'd somehow been subtle.
That wouldn't be TSR, that would be Wonderfiled. Two different companies (now). Yeah, it's kinda confusing who's in which. IIRC --

TSR 3.5 = Ernie Gygax, Justin La Nasa, Michael Hovermale

Wonderfiled = Stephen Dinehart, Jim Ward

(and other people, of course)

To add confusion, Wonderfiled still has control of the TSR.games domain, which points to their site, whereas tsrgames.com points to TSR2, which I thought had changed to Solarian (sp) Games, but still has TSR branding on it.
This feels like being at a party and being introduced to a 'cousin' of a friend who comes from a family with lots of divorces and remarriages, and then they try to explain how they are actually related. By about explanation paragraph #3 I'm just looking around for butcher paper and a pencil and asking them to draw it out...

Remove ads