• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

KahunaCon '06 July 22nd and 23rd! slots still open! (greater Boston/Providence area)

orchid blossom

Explorer
Alex and I will be getting a hotel room. I'm not sure what's in the area, but the Amerisuites in Medford has always done well for us, so I think we'll see if there's one in the general area of Attleboro.

guedo79

Explorer
Last time, the 4 of us stayed in a Best Western(I think) in Attleboro. Well, it wasn't horrible but I've been in a better room in a better area.

I'm on the fence still. I'm feeling a bit burned out still so I may bow out but I don't want to say 100% no since it was a ball last time.

So in short *shrug*

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OK, thanks for all the interest! Silvermoon, if you do end up coming, of my games, the End of the World has a character specificly labled "The Kid", the discworld game would work for anyone whose read a reasonable number of Terry Pratchette's series of the same name, and Neptune is a space opera with a Secret Twist (tm).

And now, some Food Talk. The hubby and I have a food delivery service which gives us a freezer full of meats and a stock of non-perishables every couple of months which we are fairly happy with. They mentioned when we signed up that if we were having some sort of bbq party, they would provide free yummy meat in exchange for referals. I was a little concerned about obtrusiveness, so I asked for more details last week. The deal is this : If we give them a list of names, phone numbers and number of adults and kids in each family, they will give us enough burgers, ribs, hot dogs etc for those attendees. A few days after the events, each of the folks who provided their number will get a call from a relitively nice and not that high pressure representative who would ask you a bit about your family's shopping habits and, if you regularly buy a lot of fresh and frozen meats for home cooking, will try to set up an in-home sales pitch from a guy who cooks you dinner and explains the program. (When they called the sis-in-law she honestly told them how little meat she buys for cooking, and they agreed this wasn't the service for her household and didn't pressure her to get a presentation at all.)

So, anyone who either a) would find this sort of service interesting to check into, or b) is willing to say "no" on the phone to defray the food costs can privately email me the info above. No pressure in any direction, we had a fine BBQ last year without this, but hey, free burgers! ;)

Warehouse23

First Post
If I am not in California that weekend (I'll find out within a week or so), I'll be at the Gameday(s). In fact, I'll even run a game: "A Marriage of Inconvenience" -- a "White Wedding" (Billy Idol) themed adventure for Shadowrun, 3rd edition.

Nine Hands

Explorer
Some Events

Here's a list of some stuff I have prepared. Most of these have been run at OGC (see my sig) in previous years.

Robotech: Next Year Will Be Much Better...

System: Fuzion/Mekton Zeta

Join members of Robotech Advanced Accelerated Training Squadron #6 as they travel to Switzerland for Chrismas... then find a soft landed Zentraedi Flagship and danger... Characters provided. Suitable for younger players.

Players: 4

A Favor Asked Part One

System: Fuzion

Season 9 Characters -- A System Lord requests your aid. Do you help and gain a favor owed or do you say no and risk the wrath of a System Lord? Characters provided, suitable for younger players.

Players: 6

Note: Part Two will be played the week after at OGC (Open Gaming Convention) in Manchester NH. So if anyone is interested in cross convention playing this is a prime opportunity.

Both games run on Fuzion which is a pretty simple game system, all you need is 2d6 and a pencil. I've had lots of luck with this system over the last two years, players pick it up relatively easily.

If there is room for me to run second slot, that would fit perfectly. I don't know if I can get there early enough for the first slot since I work nights. I'll bring setups for both games and I'll run whatever people want.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
As long as Bella's surgery goes well the week before, Rob (Dire Wolf) Baby Bella and I will be there. :)

Got some mini dragons for Bella and Henry to battle? :p

Remove ads