Kathor Danava

Is this guy supposed to survive Adventure one? He seems an interesting character and I would be interested in keeping him around, as a possible rival to the PCs...

Does he appear later on in the story?

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Nebten

First Post
He does appear later in the story if he lives. But I found out that he doesn't show up until MUCH later and the PCs forgot about him. I make his appearance memoriable and/or having him show up every once in awhile such as in Mad King's Banquet or at one of the War Counsils.

Spoiler

[sblock]
He's the son of the general who is leading the Ragesian efforts to invade Gate Pass, so in adventure 9, when the PCs return to liberate the city, he's a resource. Depending on the situation, the PCs might be able to befriend him, which will help convince the general to stand down.[/sblock]

My group more or less made Kathor into a sympathetic figure (kind of a "worthy opponent") and I was wondering if it was worth it for him to survive the gauntlet encounter.

Thanks a lot for the info

Nebten

First Post
If more then 1/2 of his troop is killed or the second in command is slain, you could have Kathor call for a truce and let them go their separate ways. That's what my party did, knight's honor and all that.

My party killed him. Of course I made him a less sympathetic and more driven character.

[sblock]A black sheep who was an embarassment to his father the general who was trying to prove himself and cement his family's influence in the new regime. I figured it was a good reason for a general's son turn to mercenary work. Unfortunately the PCs foiled Kathor's efforts to prove himself to his father. In a desperate act Kathor made a final move to put down the resistance and the PCs aiding it. He did not survive. [/sblock]

Now this thread has me thinking this will have a big impact later on. And not in the PC's favor! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My party chased him down and killed him when he tried to get the hell out of dodge. As I recall, he'd even ordered his men to stand down!

So, yeah, Festival of Dreams is gonna be a bit harder for them to accomplish.

Remove ads