D&D 5E Keep on the Borderlands - OOC (Filled UP)

Radaceus

Adventurer
it would appear that the link to @jonathonhawke did not work in the EB's KotB: (Group 2) Soul of the Lions IC thread.

Busy today, will try to get a post in later tonight may not be likely though. If I do not get a chance to RP this before arriving, Üngar tell the others he can ask the forest creatures for information, and will ritual cast speak with animals (takes 10 minutes and lasts 10 minutes) upon arrival to learn any info.

Question here for @EarlyBird, since Animal Handling applies to 'domesticated animals', and Nature applies to 'Lore' regarding plants and animals (weather, and natural cycles)...will Üngar be required to cast animal friendship as well 'to persuade the beast to perform a small favor' (Speak with Animals), could will this require a Persuasion check to work without animal friendship? #rulings

thanks!

(Cringes at his -1 CHA checks... ;) )

I have the separate games up and running, but by no means should you stop RPing in the Lion's Den thread till you are finished.

I don't wish to waste any good RP, people might have. Just put your character to bed when you are done RPing in that thread plz.

Erevan has asked a question of Kordo Vos in the Lion's Den thread.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Not sure why my mention for jonathonhawke didn't go through? Mystery's of pbp.

As to animal friendship/speak with animals/animal handling and all that recourse...

Use animal friendship when you want the best chance for success and for a longer lasting effect (24 hrs)
Use speak with animals and the following rolls with advantage:
- Persuasion, non-predators (squirrels, rabbits, some birds, etc.)
- Intimidation, for predators (wolves, bears, mountain lions, etc.)
To make "friends", but only last for a couple minutes, couple questions, or a task.

You can gain advantage to Animal Handling rolls (on domesticated animals), if you have speak with animals active. Otherwise that may just be normal.

Could look into getting another skill later on, or maybe a rep in the forest like Tarzan has. King o' Beast may give you a +5 to all your Persuasion and Intimidation checks vs beasts and animals of the wilds.

Radaceus

Adventurer
awesome, thanks for that, just helps me going forward rather than assuming how I would handle it :)

I do like the Tarzan rep thing, with his feral background, but do not want to push the issue, I'm sure it will happen organically (in a natural fashion? ;) )

here is Üngar's Persuasion roll for his Speak with Animals:

[roll0]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Aurelius check in:
-Speed is 40'
-GP 500?? that was not to carry over (sorry) were you saving it for something??
-Don't see your ASI listed, guessing it was a +2 to CON??
Equipment please add
- whiskey flask
- bear claw necklace (druidic totem)
- whetstone
- belt pouch w/ [roll0] GP

Radaceus

Adventurer
can not post til later today/tonight. Ungar will take last action if possible.
[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION] is the elf messenger dead or dying?
[roll0]

Remove ads