• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kerall vs. Lyodin

Zappo

Explorer
The wounded deer is an easy prey. After his third loss, Kerall is in a dangerous situation. Somehow, though, he still seems serene, willing to test his skill again, and not afraid of death.

OOC:

Stipulations: Challenge open to White Belts and Tier 2 fighters. Anyone is welcome. Judge-gen strategy only; winner of insults chooses the other details.
My insult is:

I find your Emperor to be honorless, your sky to be boorish, and your pride to be flippant.

Last edited:

Thaiger

First Post
"Even though you don't have any money for me to take, I'm bored, so I will fight you."

"I find your servant to be promiscuous, your building to be dilapidated, and your power to be jaded."

Sabaron

First Post
A lovely young woman approaches the two fighters. She wears a lavender kimono and has a lotus in her hair.

"My name is Lady Wei, and I can judge this fight. Oh my... you're both so... handsome. This fight shall be a pleasure to judge."

Lady Wei smiles at both fighters as she says:

"An honorless Emperor? Stinging... and exciting. Insults to Kerall."

Lady Wei has decreed this match to take place at the ricefield south-west of the Bottomless Well on the dusk of the thorn.

Sabaron

First Post
Kerall's First Hand:
<MeowthBot> 1: The crab spins facing the gate; blocks the speed of the spirit!
<MeowthBot> 2: The northstar assails the plain; averts the pain of the stone!
<MeowthBot> 3: The manticore overwhelms the steppes; shreds the storm of the scythe!
<MeowthBot> 4: The phoenix kicks the desert; scatters the rising of the lava!
<MeowthBot> 5: The manta ray flies underneath the ruins; scatters the edge of the ember!

Lyodin's First Hand:
<MeowthBot> 1: The thunder drops across the forest; redirects the push of the reptile!
<MeowthBot> 2: The staff thrusts the spring; dodges the cut of the clouds!
<MeowthBot> 3: The courageous lizard invades the knoll; protects against the roar of the teardrop!
<MeowthBot> 4: The mantis withers the coast; removes the aggression of the amphibian!
<MeowthBot> 5: The west wind drowns the swamp; averts the descent of the void!

Thaiger

First Post
"I'll start this off."

Lyodin takes to the mantis stance and attacks Kerall with quick precise strikes at nerve points in an atempt to sap his opponents strength and will to fight.

The mantis withers the coast; removes the aggression of the amphibian!

Zappo

Explorer
The possibility of death makes Kerall's heart pound faster, despite his calm outlook. Knowing full well that he can't afford to miss an occasion, he decides to go for what the dusty scrolls of ancient wisdom that were passed through countless centuries by the mightiest of warriors to their favored disciples technically call an insta-win. He uses the manticore technique, consisting in the simultaneous use of three distinct types of attack, including an aggressive defense which aims to shred the mantis' storm of scythe-like blows. Then, knowing that his foe will be stunned for a moment, Kerall concentrates his chi on a single pinpoint of light like his master Uziel taught him, and aims a fist of incredible power to Lyodin. Such is the energy of the blow, that bits of the ground itself around Lyodin blow up.

The manticore overwhelms the steppes; shreds the storm of the scythe!

Fist of Fury: The northstar assails the plain; averts the pain of the stone!

OOC: I would have posted before, but I was without connectivity for the morning, sorry.

Last edited:

Sabaron

First Post
"Wow Kerall! That's a nice move... especially since Mantis' have rather scythe-like arms!"

She tosses three lotuses to Kerall.

Three points and match Kerall!

Remove ads