D&D General Keys from the Golden Vault look through.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm confused by this, because the whole premise of that other thread is that one of the adventures is very much not church group approved. :rolleyes:
Once upon a time, when AD&D was the law of the land and we rode dinosaurs through Reagan's America, all-thief campaigns were a big thing.

Stealing the crap and keeping it was the name of the game, not giving the treasure to a dragon at the end.

giphy.gif

This is an exceptionally weird "heist" book for my tastes. Obviously expectations of what a heist is all about have changed, though.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Every adventure starts with multiple options for why your PCs might want to do it, if they aren't affiliated with the GV. Or, come up with your own. This seems like an odd complaint, but what do I know?
I don't know what you know.

I know that I've both DMed and played in all-thief campaigns. "Steal stuff to enrich the party" is the basis of those as a rule. I don't know why this seems like a weird complaint to anyone.

Reynard

Legend
Evidently it is 15 paragraphs per @MonsterEnvy, but I am not sure if that includes the "Using the Golden Vault" entry in each adventure or all in the introduction.
I saw that, which definitely makes me feel a bit chagrined. I was railing based on incomplete info, which I know better than to do. So I will gladly choke down a little crow.

I stand by the idea that RPG writing is ultimately in service of the GM, to inspire them and give them jumping off points for their own games. Everything from monster "fluff" to magic item descriptions to offhand PC focused class info should always aim to get GM gears grinding.

Once upon a time, when AD&D was the law of the land and we rode dinosaurs through Reagan's America, all-thief campaigns were a big thing.

Stealing the crap and keeping it was the name of the game, not giving the treasure to a dragon at the end.

giphy.gif

This is an exceptionally weird "heist" book for my tastes. Obviously expectations of what a heist is all about have changed, though.
You don’t give the treasure to a dragon at the end of any adventure even if involved with the Golden Vault. Being employed to do a heist does not make it not a heist.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases