Kill Bargle! Pathfinder RPG OOC Thread

I always find it interesting to hear about how and when people came into the hobby, thanks!

I still think that red box was the best first RPG book ever, especially for young people. It was well designed, easy to read and well written. I think I would not have picked up the hobby as fast if somebody gave me the 1st ed or 2nd ed AD&D PH first when I was a little kid. Just too many rules thrown at you all at once.

Halford, you're probably talking about the Warhammer minis game, but I was actually a big Warhammer RPG fan early on. I have wonderful memories of buying the original hardcover of the game in the Virgin store in London in about 1986. "Shadows over Bogenhafen" is still one of my favorite adventures ever.

The Rolling Man

First Post
I do not. My first D&D book was the AD&D2nd Player's Handbook. (D&D was not my first RPG)
Same here. I pretty much started seriously playing rpgs with the Rules Cyclopedia (D&D) and/or 2nd edition (AD&D). I'm not that young but my english (and my friends' too) was not good enough to read long books and understand rules before that.

Redclaw

First Post
I always find it interesting to hear about how and when people came into the hobby, thanks!

I still think that red box was the best first RPG book ever, especially for young people. It was well designed, easy to read and well written. I think I would not have picked up the hobby as fast if somebody gave me the 1st ed or 2nd ed AD&D PH first when I was a little kid. Just too many rules thrown at you all at once.

Halford, you're probably talking about the Warhammer minis game, but I was actually a big Warhammer RPG fan early on. I have wonderful memories of buying the original hardcover of the game in the Virgin store in London in about 1986. "Shadows over Bogenhafen" is still one of my favorite adventures ever.

Yeah, I remember my friends and I playing with the black DMG with the devil on the front, good old AD&D. :D It was challenging, but we had some fun. I bought the red box later, used, and never really got to play it.

Same goes for warhammer, actually. I grew up in rural New England and spent more time creating characters and designing adventures than actually playing. I had a great dwarven Trollslayer built, however. Think Thibbledwarf Pwent without the spiky armor, just a big axe.

I apologize for my absence from these boards in the last week. RL has reared its ugly head again and I had to take some time to beat it back with a stick. I'm sure you all know how that can be.

Speaking of being away, I wanted to remind you (or tell some of you for the first time in case you hadn't read it before) that I will be going on an extended business trip out of the country. I'll be in Germany and Austria from the 22nd of October through the middle of December. I am in the process of getting a laptop to take with me, but that's not a definite thing yet. If I do have a laptop I will hopefully try to continue my (hopefully!) regular postings, as all I'd have to take with me would be the final issue of Dungeon and the Pathfinder Beta rules. Those will surely fit into my suitcase.

Of course there is also the chance that I will not bring a laptop with me, in which case I will be posting much less.

In any case, I really don't want to drop this game as I am enjoying it. If any of you want to drop out, I understand, but I will try my best to keep things going.

BrOp

The Rolling Man

First Post
Lanandro, Varisian sorcerer

Out of range of his usual electrical attack, Lanandro reaches into his reserves of arcane power to send a pair of balls of pure magical energy toward the creature. He then grabs the reign of his donkey and hurries to catch up to the dwarf and barbarian.

Magic Missile 2d4+2, and move 30'. Spells active : Mage armor (3 hours), spells left 4/6.

Halford

First Post
I am going to need a few questions answered I'm afraid... How far away from the creature are we exactly? What is the surrounding terrain like?

Snapper would probably try to find a spot where he can hide and fire an arrow at the beastie. He'll ideally want a spot well out of range of the tentacles and within 30ft. in order to get sneak attack.

However, if any melee combatant engages the beastie before he goes Snapper will tumble into the fray and flank.

Remove ads