• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

Festy_Dog

First Post
JimAde said:
Dexter pauses in his typing to look over the top of the screen at James. "I know enough to know that I don't know if you know what you know...you know?" he asks mischeviously.

"I know," James replies, nodding, "So I'll ask Alicia, she'll know."

James walks over to Alicia and Selene to find out exactly what's going on.

Shalimar said:
She walks into the office, idly rubbing at the blood stain on her tank top. "Hi guys." she says before dropping the helmet off on her desk.

James raises an eyebrow, very curious as to her appearance.

"Should I ask about the blood or why you took so long? Or do they both have the same explanation?" he asks.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
OOC: Sorry for being away from everyone for so long :p out of curiosity is a phone call to her mom out of the question since that is more seperation?

IC:
Sakura gets off her bike and carries her helmet into the office with her after putting up the kick stand and arming the alarm. She walks into the office, idly rubbing at the blood stain on her tank top. "Hi guys." she says before dropping the helmet off on her desk.
I just go with the flow, just want to keep the game moving, do what you think Sakura would do :)

Shalimar

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
James raises an eyebrow, very curious as to her appearance.

"Should I ask about the blood or why you took so long? Or do they both have the same explanation?" he asks.
"My brother, someone shot him while we were going to lunch. I got him to the hospital, the blood got on me when I was dragging him away from the shooter." Sakure explains.

"He'll be okay, the shot went through, and I called an ambulance soon enough, he's out of surgery, thats where I was, with him at the hospital, til he kicked me out for being a pain in the ass anyway." she jokes.

"Selene if you have any siblings, you should call them, tell them to take a vacation or something, there is no way we could have stopped what happened, the guy used a rifle from too far away for us to see."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"My brother, someone shot him while we were going to lunch. I got him to the hospital, the blood got on me when I was dragging him away from the shooter." Sakure explains.

"He'll be okay, the shot went through, and I called an ambulance soon enough, he's out of surgery, thats where I was, with him at the hospital, til he kicked me out for being a pain in the ass anyway." she jokes.

"Selene if you have any siblings, you should call them, tell them to take a vacation or something, there is no way we could have stopped what happened, the guy used a rifle from too far away for us to see."
Selene listens looking shocked. Alicia gasps as well, "That is horrible!"

Selene speaks whens he is done, "I doubt that is going to matter Sakura. If these people can find me here, and your brother, then I doubt taking a vacation is going to help anyone. If anything we need to find these guys and put them out of business... and when we meet Department 7 again, we are going to get some answers!"

Alicia nods, "Oh by the way, we got another case..." she says softly.

JimAde

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Selene listens looking shocked. Alicia gasps as well, "That is horrible!"

Selene speaks whens he is done, "I doubt that is going to matter Sakura. If these people can find me here, and your brother, then I doubt taking a vacation is going to help anyone. If anything we need to find these guys and put them out of business... and when we meet Department 7 again, we are going to get some answers!"

Alicia nods, "Oh by the way, we got another case..." she says softly.
Dexter sits in stunned silence during the exchange with Sakura. Then he says simply, "Forget about that." His eyes narrow to flinty slits and he continues, "This takes precedence. Selene's right, we have to find out who did this to Koga and take 'em down. Hard."

Shalimar

First Post
"Darius, Detective Rose, is gonna be doing the investigation, the best thing we can do is to not get in his way, he knows what he is doing, he's been around for a long long time. What we can do is talk to Department 7, have them tell us about the people hunting Scions, my mom is one, thats why I am, and that might be why Koga was shot." Sakura tells the others.

"Look, I have to call my mom and tell her what happened, can you guys work this new case without me, at least for today? I need to go home and be with my parents tonight, and then I'll be in late tomorrow, at least a little, I'm gonna bring Koga some stuff before work."

Tokiwong

First Post
JimAde said:
Dexter sits in stunned silence during the exchange with Sakura. Then he says simply, "Forget about that." His eyes narrow to flinty slits and he continues, "This takes precedence. Selene's right, we have to find out who did this to Koga and take 'em down. Hard."

Selene nods, “Well I agree with Dexter, but then again, Detective Rose looks like a good cop. If Sakura trusts him to get the job done, then I am all for it. Besides, we won’t even know where to start without finding out more stuff from Department 7. Sakura you need any help with anything, I mean, you need anyone to go with you tomorrow morning to visit your brother or anything?”

Music fills the air as Selene’s cell phone goes off. The beat sounds like a Guns & Roses’s song as she picks it up and speaks into the line, “Hey Krista!” She pauses listening, “Yeah I already ate, you and Wesley will have to go without me. Hey what are you doing later?” she listens some more, “Sounds great, I might be out late, don’t wait up, okay?” she listens some more and then says her goodbye.

“That was Krista, she is going to eat, and then back to our place to study with her friend, Wesley. She should be there most of the night, if you guys want to talk to her,” Selene finishes.

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Darius, Detective Rose, is gonna be doing the investigation, the best thing we can do is to not get in his way, he knows what he is doing, he's been around for a long long time. What we can do is talk to Department 7, have them tell us about the people hunting Scions, my mom is one, thats why I am, and that might be why Koga was shot." Sakura tells the others.
Dexter emits a sound halfway between a sigh and a growl and says, "Ok, if that's how you want it Sakura."

Tokiwong said:
“That was Krista, she is going to eat, and then back to our place to study with her friend, Wesley. She should be there most of the night, if you guys want to talk to her,” Selene finishes.
"Uh, yeah," Dexter says awkwardly. "Actually, Sakura, we had an idea for pursuing this thing with Krista, but I don't know if you want to mess around with it now. We thought you might pose as a friend of Selene's. I'm sure she could give you enough info to let you pass for a student."

Shalimar

First Post
"Exactly why are you pissed off at me Dex? Its my brother that got shot, I want it handled by the best, and the police have resources we can't touch, not to mention that Koga's with the DA's office and Dad has got everyone on the force wanting in on it as well. The best thing we can do is not got out in front of all of that." Sakura says angrily, staring Dexter down.

"Look, I don't want to talk about it, I just needed to tell you what happened so you would know why I was late getting back. If you want me to look into this thing with Krista, then thats fine, I just need to be able to deal with the other stuff too."

JimAde

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Exactly why are you pissed off at me Dex? Its my brother that got shot, I want it handled by the best, and the police have resources we can't touch, not to mention that Koga's with the DA's office and Dad has got everyone on the force wanting in on it as well. The best thing we can do is not got out in front of all of that." Sakura says angrily, staring Dexter down.
Dexter looks nonplussed. "Whoa, whoa," he says soothingly, "I'm not pissed at you, Sempai, I'm pissed for you. "

Shalimar said:
"Look, I don't want to talk about it, I just needed to tell you what happened so you would know why I was late getting back. If you want me to look into this thing with Krista, then thats fine, I just need to be able to deal with the other stuff too."
"Not a problem," Dexter says. "You go take care of business and we'll handle things here for today. We'll pick it up again tomorrow."

Last edited:

Remove ads