• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"I need to be with my parents tonight, at least for dinner and for awhile afterwards. Otherwise I should be fine for whatever we need Dex." she tells the computer nerd as she accepts the picture from James.

"Yea, Darius is an Elf, but they prefer to be called Tellan Quessir, its their name for themself." she examines the picture of Rizzym curiously. "Darius was telling me about the different races of Elves, he sort of sounds like a Dark elf, though he never told me what the dark elves are called. If you want I can ask him tomorrow night."

Selene agrees, "Sure thing," she writes her number down for Sakura, "just give me a call when you are ready, I will probably have to drop the boys off at the club anyways."

Assuming that is the plan of action I will go ahead and proceed with Sakura...

An hour later in a middle upperclass suburb outside of Santa Monica...

Sakura arrives at he parents home, the same place they have lived at for years. Mother's Explorer was outside but dad's car was missing. Most likely at work as sh walk in through the garage to find her mother in the back nonchalantly watering her flowers.

She glances over her shoulder, "Oh hi honey," she sighs, "your father just called. He will be home late, as if that is a surprise with your brother in the hospital he may not even mak it back home till tomorrow."

She kneels down to tend to some of her vegetables, "Dinner is simmering inside if you are hungry, help yourself darling. I talked to Koga on the phone, he is in good spirits, all things considered. He didn't want me to worry, so here I am watering my plants."

"I know you want to talk about your little... well your big gift, father told me about it, he was a little upset but he is always upset when it comes to that," she shrugs, "but it is apart of who we are right?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
JimAde said:
"So if we want to pursue the thing with Krista, I figure Sakura and Selene can 'conincidentally' run into her tonight at Selene's place. James and I can go check out this Verve place."

"Woot, we're goin' clubbin'... or somethin' like that," he says, "I'm gonna have to change my outfit, might have to leave my gun at home too. That's a scary thought."

Shalimar said:
"Yea, Darius is an Elf, but they prefer to be called Tellan Quessir, its their name for themself." she examines the picture of Rizzym curiously. "Darius was telling me about the different races of Elves, he sort of sounds like a Dark elf, though he never told me what the dark elves are called. If you want I can ask him tomorrow night."

"Sounds kewl, thanks," James accepts the offer.

Tellan Quessir... sounds like something out of Lord of the Rings, but Dark Elves? Must be something like Dark Jedi... I think.

JimAde

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"Woot, we're goin' clubbin'... or somethin' like that," he says, "I'm gonna have to change my outfit, might have to leave my gun at home too. That's a scary thought."
"All right," Dexter says. "Why don't you go home and get changed, then meet me at the club about 8:00. I've got some e-mails and stuff to answer here, and I should probably write up what I've found on our boy Rizzym so far." Dexter smiles ruefully. "That should take about ten minutes." He pauses for a minute before continuing. "Do you think Graham knows about all this..." he says, searching for the right word, "weirdness? You know, elves and scions and stuff? I'm not sure what to put in our case report."

Tokiwong

First Post
JimAde said:
"All right," Dexter says. "Why don't you go home and get changed, then meet me at the club about 8:00. I've got some e-mails and stuff to answer here, and I should probably write up what I've found on our boy Rizzym so far." Dexter smiles ruefully. "That should take about ten minutes." He pauses for a minute before continuing. "Do you think Graham knows about all this..." he says, searching for the right word, "weirdness? You know, elves and scions and stuff? I'm not sure what to put in our case report."
Selene shrugs, "How are you guys getting to the club?"

Alicia laughs when Dexter finishes speaking, "8:00? Better try 10 at the earliest, and better hope you can get in, the line is long and the place is pretty exclusive on who they let in. A girlfriend of mine spent three hours once, waiting in line there!"

Festy_Dog

First Post
JimAde said:
"Do you think Graham knows about all this..." he says, searching for the right word, "weirdness? You know, elves and scions and stuff? I'm not sure what to put in our case report."

"He knows Harvey, and apparently they've worked on stuff together before, so I'm sure of it," James replies.

Tokiwong said:
Alicia laughs when Dexter finishes speaking, "8:00? Better try 10 at the earliest, and better hope you can get in, the line is long and the place is pretty exclusive on who they let in. A girlfriend of mine spent three hours once, waiting in line there!"

"Ten you reckon'? Sounds good, I'm sure I could find us a way," James says as he heads to the door, "Dex, you might want to bring that digital camera along, I think we could bluff our way in as reparters for a club magazine whose appointments were misplaced."

James walks home and changes into a somewhat dressier outfit. He sticks his assortment of weapons into his gun safe and starts running through possible series of events in his head, developing some contingencies.

Hmm, that reminds me, I should send Frank an email.

He eats, watches some television, writes an email, and eventually catches a taxi to met Dexter at Verve.

Tokiwong

First Post
James & Dexter

10:15 PM Local Time, Hollywood, CA, outside the Verve...

Assuming that Dexter and James are getting ready and head to the club…

The Verve is a two-story structure, shaped in an L-shape with a black exterior and a very modern look to the structure. The line already wraps well around the building, and everyone is doing their best to look hip and cool, and trying to impress and hopefully get inside. Some people skip straight to the front of the line and get in, while the majority just waits for their chance to get inside to enjoy the music that pumps out the door as they enter.

The Verve is situated in Hollywood, and although the surrounding buildings are not in the best of shape, the glitz and glamour still remain and you think you can even see the Chinese Mann Theatre from where you are standing. At the main doors two large men, bouncers dressed in black suits look over a guest list and scan the crowd, keeping people in line. Both look like they know how to handle themselves.

A patrol car drives by slowly, and then turns a corner as both detectives approach the line.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
James checked his watch and adjusted his shirt.

"These ID's are going to be a huge help, great thinking there, Dex," James says, looking his over, "I may not be an expert, but I know what I like. If you're ready, we can try the guys at the door."

JimAde

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
James checked his watch and adjusted his shirt.

"These ID's are going to be a huge help, great thinking there, Dex," James says, looking his over, "I may not be an expert, but I know what I like. If you're ready, we can try the guys at the door."
"Sure, I'm game," Dexter replies. He checks the camera and pops a piece of gum into his mouth in a probably vain attempt to look casual. "You talk, me snap," he adds taking a quick shot of the people in line.

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
She glances over her shoulder, "Oh hi honey," she sighs, "your father just called. He will be home late, as if that is a surprise with your brother in the hospital he may not even mak it back home till tomorrow."

She kneels down to tend to some of her vegetables, "Dinner is simmering inside if you are hungry, help yourself darling. I talked to Koga on the phone, he is in good spirits, all things considered. He didn't want me to worry, so here I am watering my plants."

"I know you want to talk about your little... well your big gift, father told me about it, he was a little upset but he is always upset when it comes to that," she shrugs, "but it is apart of who we are right?"
"Hi Mom," Sakura calls out in greeting to her mother as she walks through the house, "I... yea, I was wondering if we could talk about this stuff, there is just so much I want to learn, I mean, when did you first find out you could do all of this stuff...er what can you do? Dad told me you had gifts too, I can do telekinesis, and I did have a premonition too, but I am just learning all of this stuff and its weird."

"What was it like for you? Was it like a light switch and now you can notice all kinds of things like Elves and stuff?" Sakura asks, her questions so rapid fire that everything was sort of running together. "So how come you didn't tell me this was a possibility? I talked to some people at Dept 7 and they told me about something called the Inquisition, people who actually hunt people like us. They might be the people that hurt Koga, I...I guess it would have been nice if you had told me about this stuff Mom."

Festy_Dog

First Post
JimAde said:
"Sure, I'm game," Dexter replies. He checks the camera and pops a piece of gum into his mouth in a probably vain attempt to look casual. "You talk, me snap," he adds taking a quick shot of the people in line.

"Good stuff," James says, and takes on a different stance as he slips into character.

He waits for a minute, getting a bearing on what kind of mood the bouncers are in (ooc: empathy). Once that's done, he walks over to the bouncers at the door and smiles expectantly.

"Evening gentlemen. I'm Ted Keppel, my photographer and I made an appointment to conduct some interviews and take some photos for 'Sound and Fury' magazine. Alright if we head in?" he says with a smile, remembering the details Dexter put on the card.

[occ: bluff check, using empathy +2 and adding an action dice *fingers crossed*]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads