Pathfinder 2E Kingmaker Adventure Path's Cover Art

Paizo has shared Wayne Reynolds’ cover art for the upcoming Kingmaker Adventure Path compilation which is coming later this year for Pathfinder 2E and D&D 5E. "Last year, we ran a crowdfunding campaign for a second edition version of one of our most popular Pathfinder Adventure Paths: Kingmaker. For several months, the task of gathering the text, generating new text, and tackling the initial...

Paizo has shared Wayne Reynolds’ cover art for the upcoming Kingmaker Adventure Path compilation which is coming later this year for Pathfinder 2E and D&D 5E.

"Last year, we ran a crowdfunding campaign for a second edition version of one of our most popular Pathfinder Adventure Paths: Kingmaker. For several months, the task of gathering the text, generating new text, and tackling the initial conversions from first to second edition Pathfinder (and fifth edition!) were in the hands of our partners over at Legendary Games, but now the entire project is in our hands and we’re finalizing the updates, developing and editing the text, and building up what’s going to be one of the largest projects we’ve ever attempted at Paizo. The adventure path compilation itself is the size of the second edition Core Rulebook`, and it’s only one of the books and support products we’ll be creating in the months to come!"

052620_Kingmakercoverart.jpg

How big of a swing are the DCs over the course of the APs? I've heard for PF1 just half it and add 4 or 5 and that'll get one in the neighborhood.

For PF2 the DCs are going to have a pretty big swing, however you can just subtract the level of the encounter from everything to have more of a bounded accuracy effect.

CapnZapp

Legend
How big of a swing are the DCs over the course of the APs? I've heard for PF1 just half it and add 4 or 5 and that'll get one in the neighborhood.

For PF2 the DCs are going to have a pretty big swing, however you can just subtract the level of the encounter from everything to have more of a bounded accuracy effect.
PF2 isn't swingy at all. I would answer the first question by "at low levels the DCs are consistently in the DC 15 to 20 region. At high levels the DCs are consistently in the DC 35 to 40 region. So the DCs increase throughout a PF2 campaign, but they do so predictably and steadily."

PF2 isn't swingy at all. I would answer the first question by "at low levels the DCs are consistently in the DC 15 to 20 region. At high levels the DCs are consistently in the DC 35 to 40 region. So the DCs increase throughout a PF2 campaign, but they do so predictably and steadily."
I thought they meant swingy in that the DC at level 1 will be around 16 and at level 20 will be around 35. So they will be quite the range across the adventure. Subtracting level would give you 15ish across the entire campaign though. Cuz yep it is pretty easy to remove that level increase.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
I’m DMing for the second time at the moment about two thirds of the way through the first book with my own add ins from the Owlcat game. The extra content keeps it really fresh and I imagine will totally shake up the later books. Definitely a lot of fun running a second time.

To be fair the quality of a lot of the pathfinder APs and the fact that they can easily loose a few encounters and still be long mean they are ripe for conversion.

My grand opus will be rise of the Runelords and Return of the Runelords set in Eberron with The BBEG as giants of Xendric!
That sounds awesome!

CapnZapp

Legend
I thought they meant swingy in that the DC at level 1 will be around 16 and at level 20 will be around 35.
In that case, absolutely. PF2 has you add your level to most (all?) rolls - expect your (best) bonuses at level 20 to be at least thirty points higher than at level 1 (20 19 from level increase, 6 from proficiency increase, the rest from ability score increase and magic items, spells and the like)

Remove ads

Remove ads