Pathfinder 2E Kingmaker Adventure Path's Cover Art

Paizo has shared Wayne Reynolds’ cover art for the upcoming Kingmaker Adventure Path compilation which is coming later this year for Pathfinder 2E and D&D 5E. "Last year, we ran a crowdfunding campaign for a second edition version of one of our most popular Pathfinder Adventure Paths: Kingmaker. For several months, the task of gathering the text, generating new text, and tackling the initial...

Paizo has shared Wayne Reynolds’ cover art for the upcoming Kingmaker Adventure Path compilation which is coming later this year for Pathfinder 2E and D&D 5E.

"Last year, we ran a crowdfunding campaign for a second edition version of one of our most popular Pathfinder Adventure Paths: Kingmaker. For several months, the task of gathering the text, generating new text, and tackling the initial conversions from first to second edition Pathfinder (and fifth edition!) were in the hands of our partners over at Legendary Games, but now the entire project is in our hands and we’re finalizing the updates, developing and editing the text, and building up what’s going to be one of the largest projects we’ve ever attempted at Paizo. The adventure path compilation itself is the size of the second edition Core Rulebook`, and it’s only one of the books and support products we’ll be creating in the months to come!"

052620_Kingmakercoverart.jpg

Inchoroi

Adventurer
Has there been any notice when pre-orders are available for those that missed the crowdfund?

I have been informed by my wife that I have to buy it, even though I have no idea when I'd have the time to run it.

Reynard

Legend
Do we know the release date? I am thinking after my BG:DiA 5E campaign ends I want to try PF2 with my group. I think I can start with Fall of Plaguestone and then go straight to the River Kingdoms if everyone decides they would like to stick with PF2 for a while.

Porridge

Explorer
Do we know the release date? I am thinking after my BG:DiA 5E campaign ends I want to try PF2 with my group. I think I can start with Fall of Plaguestone and then go straight to the River Kingdoms if everyone decides they would like to stick with PF2 for a while.

FWIW, a lot of people have found the Fall of Plaguestone to be significantly harder than most Paizo modules. (It came out as the rules were being finalized, and so doesn't seem to appropriately gauge the difficulty of encounters.) So if that's their first PF2 experience, you might want to make some of the encounters a bit easier.

(Alternatively, a number of other starting scenarios have come out since then that should be more reasonably balanced.)

FWIW, a lot of people have found the Fall of Plaguestone to be significantly harder than most Paizo modules. (It came out as the rules were being finalized, and so doesn't seem to appropriately gauge the difficulty of encounters.) So if that's their first PF2 experience, you might want to make some of the encounters a bit easier.

(Alternatively, a number of other starting scenarios have come out since then that should be more reasonably balanced.)

Also known as Jason Buhlman wrote it.

Reynard

Legend

Thanks. Is the first episode of the first AP a good introduction, as an alternative?

Porridge

Explorer
Thanks. Is the first episode of the first AP a good introduction, as an alternative?

There is one plot-unrelated encounter which is a possible TPK (it’s in area D3, if you have the book). But you can apply the weak template to make it manageable.

Other than that, though, I think it’s fine, difficulty-wise. Challenging, but not overwhelming.

Reynard

Legend
There is one plot-unrelated encounter which is a possible TPK (it’s in area D3, if you have the book). But you can apply the weak template to make it manageable.

Other than that, though, I think it’s fine, difficulty-wise. Challenging, but not overwhelming.
I should have been more specific: is it a fun adventure that can be used as an introduction to PF2?

Porridge

Explorer
I should have been more specific: is it a fun adventure that can be used as an introduction to PF2?

I thought is was solid. Not amazing, but not terrible either.

For first time players, you might consider running something like The Trailblazer's Bounty as a one shot. People seemed to like it, and it gives people a good feel for some of the different features of PF2.

Alternatively, you might run Fall of Plaguestone (which, aside from the punishing difficulty level, people seem to like as an introduction to PF2) but start everyone at level 2, and keep them a level higher than the adventure expects throughout.

Remove ads

Remove ads