log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E Kingmaker: Stolen Land

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Having no specific response to his original query, likely due to the many distractions at hand, Shillaadrini adds,

"We cannot chase two rabbits at once. An old expression; but nonetheless, we have prisoners in hand and a runner. I am not interested in chasing the runner. It may work to our advantage to have him spread word of our arrival, especially in the fearful state he is currently in. So Edmure, you seem the most benevolent among us, what say you here for these three? If we are to spare them all or one, I think we should begin marching him or them now and return to the Trading Post."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Adrin said:
"...If we are to spare them all or one, I think we should begin marching him or them now and return to the Trading Post."

Sarvek nods, "Agreed. Although I am apprehensive about letting that one go, I think Adrin has a point; better to attempt one task with full attention, than to attempt two tasks with divided attention. Let's march all of them back to the Outpost, and decide there which ones we shall hang. Emmie will be in charge of that decision; for it depends largely on the condition of their hearts, which of these men has the capacity for redemption, and which, if any, are beyond it."
 
Last edited:

Nagoby

Explorer
The pockmarked man speaks up after taking a moment to collect himself. "You keep referring to 'these two,' and I can only assume you mean the lad and I... What do you intend for the quiet guy there? I've never heard him actually speak either and people often forget he's even around. I grew up a street urchin and have only ever known banditry. Not sure I'd be of much use doing anything. Never really been the useful sort."

The silent man merely shrugs and keeps his head bowed.

The younger man responds dejectedly, "Apprenticeships cost a premium. I don't have that kind of money... It's why I turned to this to help my family."

Emudre addresses the silent man. "Are you able to speak? If so, do you have something you wish to say for yourself?" She studies his reaction.

To the young man she says "I will inquire about finding an apprenticeship that will allow you to pay off your expenses incrementally."

She nods in agreement when her commrades suggest bringing the prisoners back to the trading post.
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
The silent man maintains his silence, refusing to look anyone in the eye. The three bandits walk bound and quiet with the party, exiting the forest and marching for eight hours. As the last rays of sunlight begin to sink over the horizon, the party sets up camp for the night. Still in the hills but with the plains in sight, Kuvarious reckons that you should reach the trading post after ten hours or so of travel tomorrow.

GM: I need to know what, if any, precautions you all take tonight. Will anyone stand watch? Do you keep the fire burning? What is the watch order? How are you going to allow the bandits to sleep (tied up, untied, etc)?
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Shillaadrini will release the prisoners, one at a time, and allow them to recirculate their limbs and attend to personal business. He will remain with them, with his sword in hand, at all times. He will not turn his back or look away at any time.
"I suggest the two adults remain tied, even through the night, though they can be tied in a different position to allow them some sleep. The boy can remain free, as a test of trust. I also recommend that we extinguish any fire before we sleep, and we decide upon a system for watches."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek nods in agreement. "No fire, and those of us with Darkvision, myself included, should stand 3-hour watches. Three such watches will allow us 9 hours of sleep, which should be plenty. I agree that the adults should remain tied. I volunteer to take middle watch. What say the rest of you?"
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sarvek nods in agreement. "No fire, and those of us with Darkvision, myself included, should stand 3-hour watches. Three such watches will allow us 9 hours of sleep, which should be plenty. I agree that the adults should remain tied. I volunteer to take middle watch. What say the rest of you?"

Shillaadrini nods to Sarvek.
"That works for me. I will take the last watch."
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
You all settle down and quickly fall asleep, the days events having drained you. Despite being relatively quick, battle has a way of fatiguing even the hardiest of people. The first watch passes uneventfully. Emudre wakes Sarvek and then drifts off to sleep. Sarvek, it is about 15 minutes into your watch when you hear... something. You sit-up alert at once and strain your senses, trying to determine the source of your unease. Just as you are about to settle back down, one of the bandits – the silent man – lets out a wracked moan before quickly falling still again. What do you do?

OOC: Emudre 21 Perception, Sarvek 24 Perception, Shillaadrini 16 Perception.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek yells, "Alarm! Something's amiss! Alarm!" as he rushes to the bandit's side.

Sarvek suspects that one of two things has possibly happened: either the bandit somehow took poison and killed himself (a fake, hollow tooth that hides a pill?) or that someone has slipped into the camp and has assassinated the "traitor"; in either case, Sarvek knows that it's of paramount importance to wake the party, and to investigate immediately.

OOC: Sarvek will make another Perception check to determine the Bandit's condition. Result = 18.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
At the cry of alarm, Shillaadrini will rise as quickly as possible, ready his sword, and scan the area as best he can to perceive any danger.
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Just before Sarvek let's out the alarm cry a faintly glowing ball of light materializes. It bobs gently in the air, the nebulous image of what might be a skull visible somewhere in its depths. The alarm is sounded and everyone begins to rouse. Just as quickly as it appeared, the light winks out!

Will O' Wisp.png

GM: Standing is a move action. Emudre, Sarvek, and Shillaadrini's Perception checks notice the tell-tale signs of electrical damage on his face. Emudre's Heal check discerns that the man is most certainly dead.


Roll Initiatives! And any other checks you'd like to make, like a Knowledge (Dungeoneering) check if you have it *Evil grin*
 
Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Everyone starts to stir. The older bandit suddenly jerks and lets out a scream of agony before falling eerily still. The sickly-sweet smell of burnt flesh hits your nostrils as you awaken. The glow in the air suddenly reappears. The skull grinning and shuddering as if in ecstasy. The young bandit, not being tied up, starts to scamper away from the ball of death hovering over him. The ball lashes out with an arc of electricity. The young bandit wails in agony before falling, sprawled facedown and unmoving. What do you do?

OOC: Initiatives:
Monster: 28
Young Bandit: 18
Alexa: 18
Emudre: 18
Sarvek: 13
Young Bandit: 12
Kuvarious: 12
Shillaadrini: 10
 
Last edited:


MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Shillaadrini feels the burden of misfortune and curses his seemingly perpetual bad luck as he tries to mount his horse and flee from the unfightable foe.

He hollars at Alexa, "What in the nine hells did you call that thing?"
 


Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre cries out "Help me lift the boy onto a horse!"

She moved to the boy's location and readies an action to cast Obscuring Mist as soon as another person arrives to help lift the boy.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Having a tendency toward benevolence, Shillaadrini will assist in trying to save the boy, though he is not altruistic. If it comes to having to choose between the boy and himself or Edmure, he will sacrifice the boy so that the party may escape.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek takes a hint from his fellows and follows suit, leaping onto his horse for a quick getaway. As he does so, he shouts, “Adrin! Emmie! Don’t get too close! This creature is far too deadly! Flee while you still can! You can’t help the boy without putting yourself in mortal peril!” And having said that, Sarvek flees as best he can.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Adrin Takes the Hint

Sarvek takes a hint from his fellows and follows suit, leaping onto his horse for a quick getaway. As he does so, he shouts, “Adrin! Emmie! Don’t get too close! This creature is far too deadly! Flee while you still can! You can’t help the boy without putting yourself in mortal peril!” And having said that, Sarvek flees as best he can.
Shillaadrini adds,
"Edmure! Forget it. The boy is lost. Run!"

With that, Adrin takes Sarvek's advice and neglects the boy as lost. He hopes Edmure follows suit, as he prepares to gallop his horse.
 

Nagoby

Explorer
As Adrin approaches, Emudre casts obscuring mist. Seeing that he runs away and they cannot save the boy she prepares to run, if she survives.
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top