log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E Kingmaker: Stolen Land

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Kressle turns to put Emudre in front of her. As she glances at Kuvarious while he maneuvers his mount closer, Alexa's bolt takes her in the back. A look of desperation crosses her face - she knows she's going to be surrounded! Kuvarious easily slides from his saddle and moves to T16. Swinging his sickle, Kressle barely manages to avoid the blow.

Round 5.jpg

GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle *Bloodied*
Bandit 4 *Bloodied*
Sarvek: 13 (6/12) *Bloodied*
Emudre: 10 (3/9) *Bloodied*
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7 (Kuvarious' mount 12/15)
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Diarmadhim

Explorer
The nearest bandit rushes Kuvarious, wildly thrusting his short sword. The blow pierces Kuvarious' chain shirt, blood spilling forth from the wound and his lips. The bandit howls with glee, "You're all going to die here!"

An arrow flies out of the eastern watchpost and sails into the trees harmlessly.

GM: Kuvarious, you are Disabled. I've stated what it entails previously, so I will just post a link to the d20PFSRD if you need to consult it. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions/#TOC-Disabled

Initiatives:
Bandit 1 (-3/9) *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle *Bloodied*
Bandit 4 *Bloodied*
Sarvek: 13 (6/12) *Bloodied*
Emudre: 10 (3/9) *Bloodied*
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7 (0/10) *Disabled* (Kuvarious' mount 12/15)

Shillaadrini, you're up!


Round 6.jpg
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Assessing the field of battle and seeing his opposing overwatch still up and on guard for the bandits, Shillaadrini takes aim and fires at the bandit on the opposing perch.

OOC: 23O: to hit, 19 (1d20 +4), DG: 4 (1d8 no modifiers)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Shillaadrini's aim is true! His arrow strikes the bandit in the chest and takes some of the wind out of his sails. His face goes white as crimson sprouts upon his breast. Collapsing in a heap, his blood slowly begins to pump from his body.

Where just moments ago the bandits seemed confident, the majority of them now begin to realize the predicament they're in. The danger of their chosen profession is becoming all too real now that they aren't picking on commoners, but facing actual adventurers!

The female bandit roars her frustration and swings once at Emudre and then at Sarvek. Her wild swings of desperation connect, sending Emudre spinning to the ground, unconscious (HP is at -2), and causing Sarvek to writhe in pain (HP is at 1). The bandits howl in elation – their trepidatious spirits restored by their leader's success.

GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2 *Unconscious*
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle *Bloodied*
Bandit 4 *Bloodied*
Sarvek: 13 (1/12) *Bloodied*
Emudre: 10 (-2/9) *Unconscious & Dying*
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7 (0/10) (Kuvarious' mount 12/15)

Sarvek and Alexa, you're up!
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek lashes out at Kressle, with another kick, snarling to Alexa & Kuvarious as he does so: "Bomb this witch into oblivion! Send her to her maker! Don't worry about me! Unnnhhh...."

[sblock=GM's Eyes Only]
OOC:
Attack Roll: (8) = Miss
Bluff Check: (4) = Wow, that sucks.

[/sblock]


Sarvek's kick misses, and the effort appears to be too much for him, as he rolls over on his side, apparently unconscious once again.
 



Diarmadhim

Explorer
Kuvarious gives the command to his mount to attack and it obeys, turning to Kressle and rearing up, while lashing out with its hooves at the bandits. The first hoof catches Kressle in the head and staves her skull in! She crumples into a heap, blood and cerebrospinal fluid leaking from the wound. The second hoof strikes a solid blow to the chest of the bandit next to her, knocking the wind out of him.

The bandit stumbles back but catches himself before falling. “You bastards killed Kressle!” He shouts. His eyes glare daggers and then fall upon Sarvek, who he catches peeking while trying to play dead. “I'm at least taking one of you fongers with me,” he spits, grim determination oozes from him. Stepping toward Sarvek, he jams his sword into Sarvek's gut and twists it while grinning maliciously, “Die hard, arseface.”

OOC: DC 10 Handle Animal check to command to perform a trick it knows (or Ride DC 10 to have it Fight and you make your attacks normally too while riding). Result of 20. Success!
Combat-Trained Light Horse
Melee 2 Hooves +5 (1d4+5)
Attack 1: 21 to-hit, 8 damage. Kressle.
Attack 2: 16 to-hit, 6 damage. Bandit 3.

Sarvek takes 6 damage from the gut wound.


GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3 *Bloodied*
Bandit 2 *Unconscious*
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle *Unconscious*
Bandit 4 *Bloodied*
Sarvek: 13 (-5/12) *Unconscious & Dying*
Emudre: 10 (-2/9) *Unconscious & Dying*
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7 (0/10) *Disabled* (Kuvarious' mount 12/15)

Shillaadrini, you're up!


Round 7.jpg
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
From his vantage point, Shillaadrini is able to witness the effectiveness of the horse's assault. He also sees the malevolence of the surviving bandit. Taking grim determination, Adrin draws and fires at the bandit who stuck Sarvek.
OOC: to hit d20+4-4=19
DG: d8 = 3
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Shillaadrini's arrow strikes the bandit in the chest and he coughs up blood. While still on his feet, it is all too apparent it is by force of will alone. The bandit to the north takes off, running through the trees to the northeast as if a greater devil was on his heels and ready to drag him to the abyss. The bandit in the eastern watchtower watches everything transpire and then drops his bow to the ground below him. "I surrender! I surrender!" He shouts, his hands raised in submission.

GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3 *Disabled*
Bandit 2 *Unconscious*
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle *Unconscious*
Bandit 4 *Bloodied* *Running (well off the map)*
Sarvek: 13 (-5/12) *Unconscious & Dying*
Emudre: 10 (-2/9) *Unconscious & Dying*
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7 (0/10) *Disabled* (Kuvarious' mount 12/15)

Sarvek and Emudre, please make Constitution checks (d20 + Con Mod - current hp). Sarvek, that means you take a -5 to your roll
(d20 + 1 - 5). Emudre, you take a -2 (d20 + 1 – 2). The DC is 10.


Alexa, it's your turn. Kuvarious, go ahead and post your intent too.


Round 7.jpg
 
Last edited:


Diarmadhim

Explorer
It was a hard-won fight, but you all have managed to survive. You stand victorious while the bandit to the north continues to flee the scene. The bandit in the watchpost sends his quiver and short sword over the tower's ledge, following his bow. He then slumps dejectedly to his butt and awaits further instructions. The disabled bandit stands and stares in disbelief, his sword sliding from his grasp before his legs give out and he falls to his knees. Kuvarious quaffs his potion and heals. You have several fallen companions. What do you do?
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The bandit in the watchpost sends his quiver and short sword over the tower's ledge, following his bow. He then slumps dejectedly to his butt and awaits further instructions.
Shillaadrini climbs down from his claimed tower with his newly acquired bow and arrows. He quickly approaches the other tower, knocking an arrow, and loudly tells the bandit,

"Climb down."

When the bandit complies, Adrin will return the arrow to its quiver and shoulder his bow. He will then proceed to bind the bandit's hands behind him with some corded twine. He will not tie it so as to cut off the circulation and does not treat the man forcibly. He performs all tasks as necessary and without emotional involvement.

"Move over this way toward my friends, then have a seat there so I can keep an eye on you."

When nearing his friends he addresses them.

"I am not skilled in any healing arts, whether mundane or otherwise. I will keep an eye on the prisoner and keep a watch while the most injured are tended."
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
GM: Sorry – I forgot you all were still deaf! Haha, my bad :) You will be for the next 59ish minutes too. Combat lasted all of 48 seconds.


The bandit slowly complies. He asks something, but none of you are able to discern what it is he says. From the look on his face it was a question though. He lies down on his stomach with his hands behind his head and his fingers laced together and summarily passes out from the pain of his wounds.

Noting that neither your allies nor enemies are at risk of bleeding out, you set about disarming the enemies. During your search of their persons you find that Kressle had a potion of Cure Light Wounds on her. She must have been too close and surrounded to risk using it.

OOC: If you use the potion of Cure Light Wounds on Emudre, it will heal her for 5 hp, bringing her to 3/9 and allowing her to heal up the party - the enemies too if you wish to question them after binding them. I noticed none of you bought manacles so you'll have to go with rope to do so. They have to make an Escape Artist check that meets or beats your CMB + 20 to break free.

Several arrows and bolts that missed their marks are able to be retrieved. Sarvek replaces his arrows in his Magical Quiver of Holding and has an excess of 36 arrows remaining outside of it. Alexa now has 36 arrows remaining. Shillaadrini has 37 arrows still. Kuvarious has 58 bolts left.

Emudre has expended 4 of her 6 uses of Channel Positive Energy for the day and has used 1 of her 3 1st level spells to Cure Light Wounds.


Kuvarious, being closest, quickly snatches the potion from Kressle's person and pours it slowly into Emudre's mouth. Her eyes pop open, consciousness bringing with it the reminder of her wounds and what has transpired.

GM:
Shillaadrini (5/9)

Sarvek (-5/12)

Emudre (3/9)
Alexa (8/8)
Kuvarious (5/10)
Kuvarious' Mount (12/15)
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 2 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3 *Unconscious*
Bandit 4 *Escaped*
Kressle *Unconscious*
 
Last edited:

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre stands up. Seeing Sarvek still lying on the ground, she rushes towards him, casting Cure Light wounds.

OOC: 1d8+1= 7 hp


Once the surrended enemies are tied up, she channels twice to heal both allies (including Kuvarious's horse) and enemies alike.

OOC: 1d6 = 6; 1d6 = 6 for 12 hp total (if anyone actually needs that many!)
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Once he and his friends have been tended as far as injuries are concerned, Shillaadrini will glean the battlefield hoping the ringing in his ears soon abates.
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Emudre prays over Sarvek's wounds and succeeds despite the spell-failure chance from being deafened. He opens his eyes, but is still in a good amount of pain. He is not fully healed until the positive energy bursts are channeled. Having bound the enemies and stripped them of their valuables, the woman struggles against her bonds and rages, but soon realizes her words are falling on deaf ears. The other bandits turn their heads away and refuse to meet her glares. They dejectedly shake their heads in disagreement when she rails at them. While waiting for the ringing in your ears to stop, you each search the area while keeping on eye on your captives. You find:

Potion of Cure Light Wounds - Used on Emudre
Studded Leather Armor
2 Masterwork Handaxes
4 Daggers
3 Leather Armor
3 Longbows
49 Arrows
3 Short Sword
6 Days of Trail Rations
205 gp
321 sp
Silver Earrings (90 gp)
Three Crates of Furs and Hides (150 gp)
Polished Wooden Case with 8 Potent Greenish Herbal Liquor Bottles (160 gp)
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek winces, the memory of his wounds almost as painful as were the wounds themselves. He eyes Kressle, as she rails and rages, Sarvek hearing only the faintest of muffled, incoherent sounds. He smiles at her knowingly, and taps his left ear, as if to say, “Sorry, what was that?”
 

Nagoby

Explorer
After searching the bandits, and once their hearing returns to normal, Emudre says to her comrades (out of earshot from the bandits), "Let's take these bandits back to Oleg's for questioning. Our charter says" (and she pulls the charter from her backpack) "that the penalty for unrepentant banditry is execution. Tomorrow we should determine whether those bandits wish to begin making on honest living for themselves, and perhaps become our allies, under probation of course at first, until they can prove themselves truly repentant. I think we would do best to treat them firmly, although not with excessive harshness, until we understand their characters and intentions. They are strong and hardy folks and should they turn from their ways they will strengthen our ability to protect these dangerous regions from other enemies. Of course, should they pretend to repent and the go back to banditry, it will be our duty to hunt them down and bring them to final justice."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Shillaadrini gives his acknowledgement of agreement to Edmure. He offers to split the arrows with Sarvek and keeps one of the trail rations. He helps load everything else on whatever of the bandit's horses the party can recover and bind the prisoners for transport.
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top