log in or register to remove this ad

 

Pathfinder 1E Kingmaker: Stolen Land


log in or register to remove this ad

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Sarvek moves to Z15 and pauses momentarily to try and see the female bandit. She's gone! Upon arrival to U16, he still has no sight of her. Where could she have gone?! Emudre adjusts her position to the right 5 feet, to ensure Sarvek is within range of her healing burst. Alexa continues to have no luck at all with her weapon. Kuvarious finishes loading his weapon and aims it at the bandit in the eastern watchtower. His bolt flies true and produces a satisfactory groan from the bandit as it rips across his leg.

Suddenly feeling pressured by the party's advancement, the two bandits to the east focus their fire upon the encroaching Sarvek. Their arrows are stopped by the brush Sarvek has taken cover behind!

GM:
Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle
Bandit 4
Sarvek: 13 (12/12)
Emudre: 10 (9/9)
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7

Shillaadrini, you're up!


Round 4.jpg
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Though hurt, Shillaadrini still feels a bit bolstered by his recent healing and an idea comes to him.
~Why not use this perch against our assailants, even taking up their own projectiles?~

He climbs the tower as quickly as possible so as to minimize his exposure while both hands are occupied. He takes the bandits bow, knocking an arrow, and looks for the bandits back across the stream in order to target one.
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Shillaadrini successfully makes his way to the top of the platform and takes up an overwatch position for the battlefield. Just then – everyone notices the bush to the west of Sarvek's position rustles as the female bandit comes rushing out! Her wounds are all practically gone... She must have stealthed forward and been in range of Emudre's Channel Healing! “That one is their Cleric! Target her next!” She bellows, pointing to Emudre as she advances on Sarvek. With a handaxe in each hand, there can be no mistaking her identity – this is Kressle! With fury in her eyes, she lashes out against Sarvek, her handaxes catching him in the chest for 12 damage as she weaves a deadly dance of her blades.

In his rush to join the fray, the bandit to the north looses an arrow but it flies wide of any potential targets. He curses loud and long about being caught, quite literally it seems, with his breeches down. The man isn't wearing any pants!

OOC: Sarvek, you are Disabled (0 hit points). You gain the Staggered condition (may take a single move or standard action each round, but not both, nor can you take full-round actions. You can still take free, swift, and immediate actions though). You can take move actions without further injuring yourself, but if you perform a standard action (or any other strenuous action), you take 1 point of damage after completing the act. Unless your activity increased your hit points, you would then be at -1 hit points and Dying. (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions/)


GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle
Bandit 4
Sarvek: 13 (0/12)
Emudre: 10 (9/9)
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7

Sarvek, Emudre, Alexa, and Kuvarious - you are all up again. Please post in Line when you've made a post here ;)


Round 4.jpg
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek Has Lived Wisely.

Sarvek will take a 1-square adjustment to square V17. At that point, he growls, "Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely!" as he fires one, point-blank shot at Kressle, before collapsing in a heap, unconscious.

OOC: Sarvek will use Perfect Strike on his arrow.
Arrow: Hits AC 23; If that hits, she takes 4 pts. damage.


Sarvek smiles as his world darkens, knowing that heroes die only once, and that his actions will inspire his friends. He has lived wisely, indeed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Kressle lets out a pained yip as Sarvek's arrow lashes across her rib cage.

GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle
Bandit 4
Sarvek: 13 (-1/12)
Emudre: 10 (9/9)
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7


Round 4.jpg
 
Last edited:

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre's eyes flash, with furry matching Kressle's. "I will not let you harm my friend!" Conquering her fear, she draws on her connection to Desna for courage, silently praying.

She stands to her full height and moves towards Sarvek's position, selectively channelling to avoid healing Kressle.

OOC: Her new position will be V15. Hit points cured 1d6 = 6


She maintains her eyes locked on Kressle's, crossbow pointed towards her chest.
 
Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
As Emudre presents her holy symbol of Desna, Kressle grins cockily - but when the burst of positive energy washes over the area, her grin turns to a look of confusion... and then anger. As the holy light touches his skin, some of Sarvek's wounds close; his eyes open as he regains consciousness to find himself lying prone. A quick peek shows that not much time has passed.

GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle
Bandit 4
Sarvek: 13 (5/12)
Emudre: 10 (9/9)
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7


Round 4.jpg
 
Last edited:


Diarmadhim

Explorer
Alexa's arrow connects! Kressle utters a curse and glares daggers at the party, while reading her axes for the next round.

GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle
Bandit 4
Sarvek: 13 (5/12)
Emudre: 10 (9/9)
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7
 

Gafgarionn

First Post
OOC: Kuvarious rides his horse to R14 and brews a bomb and tosses it at T15. Rolled a modified 6... so no dice!


Kuvarious looks at his empty hands, not even caring where his failure of a bomb went, and questions what he got himself into.
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Kuvarious' throw is impeded by his heavy crossbow and misses the mark. It flies wide and lands 5 feet to the northeast of Kressle. The bomb's burst hits both Kuvarious' mount and Kressle! Kressle is now obviously bloodied. Tree leaves and twigs fly everywhere, momentarily obscuring the vision of those caught in the blast.

GM: Pathfinder has rules for what happens when you miss with a thrown splash weapon (can be found at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Throw-Splash-Weapon). You can choose to attack a creature or a square (ranged attack against AC 5 to hit a square). If you miss the target (creature or square), a d8 is rolled to determine which square gets hit. So while a splash weapon (bombs are treated as such) might not do the most damage, it will always do some damage to the intended target. The downside is that it can hit you/your allies. If you attack a square instead of a target, the enemy in that square and all adjacent individuals get a Reflex save for half damage. The bomb will do minimum damage (xd+Int mod).


OOC: Kuvarious' mount takes 4 damage. Kressle takes 2.


GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle
Bandit 4
Sarvek: 13 (5/12)
Emudre: 10 (9/9)
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7 (Kuvarious' mount 11/15)


Round 4.jpg
 
Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
One of the bandits to the east advances closer to the combat, "I'm on my way Kressle! Let's cut these gits up real good!" He and his compatriot in the eastern watchpost follow Kressle's orders, shooting arrows at Emudre. In their angst to protect their leader, their shots are rushed and fly wide.

GM: Shillaadrini's up! Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*


Bandit 3

Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle


Bandit 4
Sarvek: 13 (5/12)
Emudre: 10 (9/9)
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7 (Kuvarious' mount 11/15)




Round 5.jpg
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Scanning the area from his newly acquired overwatch position, Shillaadrini sees the appearance of the previously hidden bandit and the damage she wrought upon Sarvek. He would like to use his acquired bow to fire at the imminent threat to his friend but is greatly concerned for the other in her proximity should he miss. Instead, he fires at the bandit more to the north who appears to be closing on his position.
OOC: The bandit currently at F17. Will post my d20 in LINE, as I am unsure of modifiers.
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Shillaadrini's arrow flies true and strikes the bandit approaching from the north, hitting him in the shoulder for 8 damage! Kressle takes a 5-foot step and swings twice at Emudre – one of the blows connects, slashing Emudre across the torso and dealing 7 damage! The bandit shot by Shillaadrini sends an arrow at him in return, but slips on the riverbank and his shot goes wide. He scrambles behind one of the felled trees for cover.

GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle *Bloodied*
Bandit 4 *Bloodied*
Sarvek: 13 (5/12)
Emudre: 10 (2/9)
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7 (Kuvarious' mount 11/15)

I'll edit the post with Shillaadrini's damage done later. Sarvek, Emudre, Alexa, and Kuvarious – you're up!


Round 5.jpg
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek lashes out at Kressle with a fast kick, trying to break her ankle!

OOC: AC 5 = miss


Being prone proves to be too much of a disadvantage for Sarvek, as Kressle easily steps out of the path of his attack.
 
Last edited:

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre again channels holy energy, healing herself, Sarvek and Kuvarious's horse, selectively avoiding Kressle and the bandit in S20.

OOC: Hit points healed d6=1


She drops her crossbow, and draws her morningstar, stepping slightly beside Kressle.

OOC: Her new position will be U15
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Despite Sarvek catching Kressle flat-footed, his attack is unsuccessful. His heel digs into the dirt, throwing his aim off as he kicks out. Emudre's wisely switches weapons and begins to move to flank Kressle. If looks could kill, the withering glare Kressle gives Sarvek would surely qualify as an attack.

GM: Initiatives:
Bandit 1 *Unconscious*
Bandit 3
Bandit 2
Shillaadrini: 19 (5/9)
Kressle *Bloodied*
Bandit 4 *Bloodied*
Sarvek: 13 (6/12) *Bloodied*
Emudre: 10 (3/9) *Bloodied*
Alexa: 8
Kuvarious: 7 (Kuvarious' mount 12/15)

Alexa and Kuvarious, you're up!


Round 5.jpg
 


Gafgarionn

First Post
Kuvarious wants to get his sickle out, dismount his horse and go to S15, and to slice at the foe in T15.

OOC: Rolled a 14, if it hits, I deal 6 damage.


GM: Doing a fast mount/dismount requires a DC 20 Ride check. If successful, you can do either as a free action. Otherwise mounting/dismounting is a move action. I'll roll it to see if you're successful. If so - your actions will work as you intended. Otherwise, I'll just have you stay mounted and ride over to hit her. And holy :):):):). You only have a +2 Ride, but when I roll a 20 that makes it a non-issue :D

Drawing or sheathing a weapon requires a move action. If you have a BAB of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move. *Combined is important to note. Even with a BAB of +1 or higher, if you don't take a regular move (note - a 5-foot step is not a regular move), you can't draw your weapon as a free action. For that, you need the Quick Draw feat ;)

Luckily, since I rolled a 22 total on your Ride check, we can have you maneuver your horse into position (its move) while you draw your sickle (your move), dismount (free action because of the Ride check), and then attack (standard action).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top