Pathfinder 1E Kingmaker: Stolen Land

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre listens to what Sarvek has to say, then glances towards Svetlana and Oleg. "You are right, Sarv, they have already endured enough and it is not right to ask them to participate in the extermination of those terrible bandits." She sighs. "There will be bloodshed and it won't be pretty."

She turns to Svetlana and Oleg "Do you have a cellar or another place you can hide with your weapons while we eliminate those evildoers?"

"If we need someone to meet them and speak with them at the usual spot to distract them while the rest of us sneak up from behind, I don't mind doing it. I can hide my armor under my loose night robes and cloak and they will think I'm more vulnerable than I really am."
She smiles mischievously.

She turns towards Alexa and Kuvarious "If either of you have another suggestion, I would like to hear it."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Gafgarionn

First Post
Emudre listens to what Sarvek has to say, then glances towards Svetlana and Oleg. "You are right, Sarv, they have already endured enough and it is not right to ask them to participate in the extermination of those terrible bandits." She sighs. "There will be bloodshed and it won't be pretty."

She turns to Svetlana and Oleg "Do you have a cellar or another place you can hide with your weapons while we eliminate those evildoers?"

"If we need someone to meet them and speak with them at the usual spot to distract them while the rest of us sneak up from behind, I don't mind doing it. I can hide my armor under my loose night robes and cloak and they will think I'm more vulnerable than I really am."
She smiles mischievously.

She turns towards Alexa and Kuvarious "If either of you have another suggestion, I would like to hear it."
OOC: My password wasn't working for EN World. Sorry it has taken me this long.


I can drop some bombs on their heads from one of the buildings! I say shrugging.
Up to you all? But I might have to adjust throwing accordingly, fire and all. Chuckling to myself a little.
 

Gafgarionn

First Post
As you three go to look for tracks, Svetlana speaks up, “I have some experience in tracking and I can tell you that since they come on the first day of the month, it's been 26 days. We have no chance of finding, let alone following, them. The weather and time have obscured any potential tracks outside of my meager talent. Even the best tracker in the kingdom would be hard pressed. We know for sure they will be here in two days at dawn though... Just as well, I really don't feel comfortable with just Oleg and I being here alone should you all leave,” she adds, her eyes tearing up slightly. “I don't know how long they'll be okay with just taking part of the profits. Eventually they might decide to use the trading post as a base of operations.”
Maybe you could show us the pathing they take to get to you when they arrive. We could check out some vantage points along their route.
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Svetlana looks to Oleg who answers Emudre, "They only entered the main hall once, to 'make sure we weren't holding out on them.' That was on their first theft. After that, they have just rode to the storage pen," she motions towards A4 while Oleg continues, "and also take everything we have laid out on the tables here, waiting for their arrival. I have Svetlana stay in the hall so she doesn't get harassed by the bastards."

"We've each had to wield weapons against wild animals a time or two, but never have we taken up arms against another person..." Svetlana cuts in. "I fear we're greatly out of our depth when it comes to that."

Oleg nods at Sarvek's suggestion. "I can bait them in and then take shelter with Svetlana in the main hall. We can bar the doors and stay out of the way of you all as you work. I think if I'm out there to greet them with you all hiding - maybe in the stables and the guesthouse - it'll put them at ease enough that you can catch them unawares."

Oleg's eyes go wide at Kuvarious' comment. He gawps for a moment before blustering, "Pharasma's cradle, man! Don't you go blowing holes in the damned fort! What's the point of asking you all to save us from bandits threatening to take our livelihood if you're just going to blow it up?!"

Svetlana calms Oleg by whispering some words to assuage his concerns, "I'm sure it won't come to that dear. Why don't you go sit by the fire in your chair and I'll bring you some ale in a minute?" As Oleg moves to obey the suggestion, Svetlana turns to you with pleading eyes. "Please try not to blow up or burn down the fort. The bandits have threatened us enough with that as is. We needn't have our allies doing such as well. The only thing I know about the path they take is that they come from the south, along the treeline."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Shillaadrini Plans

Oleg nods at Sarvek's suggestion. "I can bait them in and then take shelter with Svetlana in the main hall. We can bar the doors and stay out of the way of you all as you work. I think if I'm out there to greet them with you all hiding - maybe in the stables and the guesthouse - it'll put them at ease enough that you can catch them unawares."
Shillaadrini looks around the fort and area where the bandits are said to make their collection for a good hiding place, as close as possible, even if it is to wait in the rafters, since his projectile assault is limited to darts. He would prefer to engage with sword, but surprise must come first in this situation.

He addresses the group
.
"I am built for speed not strength. We need to pin this scum in here, so that none can escape. One of us big enough should close the outer doors as a signal to attack."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
As Shillaadrini looks around the fort, he figures that he could hide in the stables (A3), the guesthouse (A2), or even risk setting up some barrels and pelts to hide behind in A4. There's also the potential of taking cover prone on the two southern towers. Other than those options, hiding behind a building is always a valid idea.
 

Gafgarionn

First Post
OOC: I want Kuvarious to be in the hex {J:13}, right hand side of the doorway of [A4]. I want to make a Strength mutagen a hour prior to our set up and quaff it as they walk up to A4.
(So bumping my strength by +4 so a 14+2; but lowering my IQ by -2, so 14+2).


GM: Okay, you will have a +4 alchemical bonus to Strength and a -2 penalty to Intelligence for 10 minutes. I see each Mutagen is also supposed to give a +2 natural armor bonus. Because you have Armor of the Pit, you already have a natural armor bonus. Normally they don't stack, but I'm going to rule that the Mutagen gives an alchemical bonus for natural armor, just like it does for the ability score.

Your stats for the encounter should be: 14 Strength, 14 Intelligence, and a 21 AC.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
When the time is near, Shillaadrini will take up a position in the small building across from the main gate. He will leave the door slightly ajar to allow quick egress, rather than having to jump the fenced siding. He will also move some of the supplies to try to create a concealable location from which he can attempt to surprise the bandits.
OOC: A4


GM: Just a reminder for everyone - I described A4 as "a fenced in area" with a "wooden roof." Oleg stated it is a "storage pen." In addition, I had posted that if you hid in the area of A4, you would have to "risk setting up some barrels and pelts to hide behind." In our Line chat I clarified that "the fence surrounding it only provides partial cover." It's a picket fence :) So definitely not a building that you can just stand in and consider yourself hidden.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek's Roost

OOC:
Sarvek will take up a position at the corner of square U25, provided he can see clearly.

I have marked on the map below what I BELIEVE to be correct fields of fire, but I'd like confirmation from the DM.

If I am reading this right:

1. U25 is at an elevation of 20 feet.

2. Building A2 is at an elevation of 10 feet.

3. White lines of fire should be COMPLETELY unobstructed.

4. Yellow lines of fire should be MOSTLY unobstructed. (Possible cover penalties)

5. Squares with red ? are in doubt, because they are so close to the building, as to possibly provide complete cover.

Could the DM please indicate:

1. Do opponents on the yellow lines of fire have any sort of cover bonus to their AC?

2. Do opponents in squares marked with ?s have any sort of cover bonus to their AC?

Thanks.


Oleg's TP Line of Fire Diagram 001.jpg

GM: 1 - we'll say no. I don't feel like taking the time to figure it out and be 100% realistic in a fantasy setting.

2 - Those areas are completely obscured from your vision at that location. Let's just say you can't see anything within two squares of the building, minus R15 and N23. Your and Alexis' perches are great for cover and getting you to a position to have the high ground, not so great for being able to fire from.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre will hide behind the door of A3 (square L9), keeping the door unlatched so she can exit quickly. She will load her crossbow and keep her ear to the door.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top