• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

PF Kingmaker: Stolen Land

I will explain to all present the events we have gone through. The lucky find of the hunter that showed us the way to the bandits camp. The savage ambush on us as soon as we rode into the camp. The close combat that almost killed us all, and our final success. The bandits taken for a chance to bring them to justice or redemption. And the attack by the wisp that ended them. And now we made it back, but the threat of this drunken bandit Lord is still looming over us.
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Kesten's chuckle is a mix of humor and annoyance at Shillaadrini's surliness. “We are soldiers, not tradesmen, and this is the frontier. Our business is safeguarding the peace and killing those that would break it. When Randall came through and informed us that he had directed you all to the bandit's camp, we decided to prepare for the worst. The worst being you all perished and the bandits came back in force to make an example. It is good the ward of Surtova is concerned about the business of the area.”

He nods politely to Kuvarious, accompanied by a slight bow. “My thanks for the kind words, cousin. We will strive to ensure your peace of mind is maintained in fulfilling our duty to protect this post.”

During Alexa's recounting of the ambush, Kesten is quiet and listens intently. Svetlana occasionally allows an “oh dear!” or similar exclamation to escape her lips. Oleg simply nods, a resolute look on his face. After the events are recapitulated, Oleg and Svetlana exchange pleasantries with Emudre. Oleg excuses himself and goes into the main house while Svetlana points to the guesthouse. “We converted the guesthouse into lodging. It's a tad less spacious than it was before, but it should still be comfortable. Oleg tells me there's still more room than what sailors have on ships. You can find Jhod in there.”

Kesten steps closer to Alexa, “You called the lead bandit a drunk – that could prove useful. If it's a weakness, you might be able to use it to be his undoing. The problem with drunks is their propensity for violence, but false memories and a general cognitive impairment make decision-making much more sporadic – albeit difficult to predict... Yes, interesting,” he trails off as he begins to pace around the fort in quiet contemplation.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Ignoring the intentionally contentious response, Shillaadrini Speaks up back toward the group as he reads through the wanted information.

"Hey! what do you say we look into this Kobold problem. We might even come across some moon radishes while we travel?"
 
Alexa looks at the map around the trading post and says "Each hex on this map is miles wide, it should take at least a day each hex to clear out. We should gear up for about a week and start clearing land out to make sure there are no bandits nearby. Anyone have suggesting on direction?"
 

Nagoby

Villager
Alexa looks at the map around the trading post and says "Each hex on this map is miles wide, it should take at least a day each hex to clear out. We should gear up for about a week and start clearing land out to make sure there are no bandits nearby. Anyone have suggesting on direction?"
Emudre replies "Let's head in the direction of the hills, since we know where the kobolds are likely to be. If luck favours us, we may stumble across bandits or moon radishes on the way. "
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Alexa looks at the map around the trading post and says "Each hex on this map is miles wide, it should take at least a day each hex to clear out. We should gear up for about a week and start clearing land out to make sure there are no bandits nearby. Anyone have suggesting on direction?"
Emudre replies "Let's head in the direction of the hills, since we know where the kobolds are likely to be. If luck favours us, we may stumble across bandits or moon radishes on the way. "
Adrin nods and replies before checking his gear and heading to stable his horse.
"Gear up for a week and heading for the hills... Got it. We should take a day's rest first too. That last trip out was pretty hectic."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek nods, and says to Emmie, “That’s an excellent plan. I mainly need rations and water for myself and my horse, and plenty of arrows. I only need an hour or so to look after such needs, but Adrin has a point, a day’s rest would do us all some good.”
 
Alexa says "Maybe we gather about a week of supplies for ourselves and our horses and then start clearing hexes one at a time. Since we don't know where the bounties are yet I am thinking we can start clearing hexes between us and the bandit camp we cleared out. Maybe we can find more clues about the bandits and the bounties. And I think we would all sleep a little better if we were sure that there are no bandit closer to us."
 

Gafgarionn

Villager
"This sounds like the best idea. We have a bit of a slight familiarity with the land until the camp at least."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
After the discussion with the group, Adrin checks his supplies then decides to purchase 1 week's worth of trail rations and 1 week's worth of feed for his horse.
OOC: 35sp and 35cp, respectively, were deducted from my character's record.
 

Nagoby

Villager
Emudre purchases two weeks of rations and horse rations. "It will be good to have extras in case we meet someoneone in need along the way."

She then asks Svetlana if she would introduce her to the cleric.
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
The last few hours before night sets in pass uneventfully. The group makes their trades with Oleg and places any orders they might have. About 30 minutes after you all first arrive, a man makes his way out of the lodging hall. He appears to be in his mid to late 40's and is wearing garb you would typically see a hunter wear – leather breeches, a rough spun green tunic, and supple leather moccasins. Seeing him, Svetlana waves and makes a hand gesture toward you all. The man walks forward with a smile on his face, “Well met friends. Erastil's blessings upon you all. It does me well to see you have returned safely from your hunt. I heard of the exploration charter and came to offer what aid I might. Also... I've been having dreams of late. I believe them to be visions sent by Erastil upon conducting some research. I've had these vivid dreams of a temple of Erastil in a forest clearing. Ruined steps lead up to the temple – carved into stone. A large grizzly bear inhabits it, preying upon all interlopers. If you find this temple, please come and lead me to it so that I might restore it!”
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
... The man walks forward with a smile on his face, “... I've had these vivid dreams of a temple of Erastil in a forest clearing. Ruined steps lead up to the temple – carved into stone. A large grizzly bear inhabits it, preying upon all interlopers. If you find this temple, please come and lead me to it so that I might restore it!”
Adrin rubs his left thumb against the first two fingers of the same hands. It is an unconscious action, the hand relaxed at his side.
"That is fairly specific. It should be easy to remember. I see no reason we cannot do that."
 

Diarmadhim

Explorer
5 Pharast, 4710


The party rides due north of the trading post and begins exploring the hex containing it. As you travel, the autonomous cartographer automatically makes changes and updates the map. The first day proves uneventful. You setup camp in the southern corner of B6, prepared to start the next day's exploration of C6. The night proves just as uneventful.

6 Pharast, 4710



After breaking fast, you all set about exploring C6. Halfway through the day, as you all stop to have lunch, Alexa, Sarvek, and Shillaadrini spot a hole that Emudre and Kuvarious have just dismounted next to. Emudre and Kuvarious appear to be unaware, but you three hear something knock a rock loose within the hole. Roll Initiative.
 
Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Before anyone can shout a warning, a spider lunges out from the hole! Luckily, its fangs fail to pierce the back of Emudre's breastplate and it springs back into its den.


OOC: Trapdoor Spider – 18
Shillaadrini – 17
Alexa – 13
Sarvek – 9
Emudre – 7
Kuvarious – 6
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Since he is already on his feet, Adrin starts to shout a warning as he moves toward Edmure, but the threat is fast enough to make the warning moot. He draws his sword as he runs in, swinging in hopes of slicing it into the emergent spider.
OOC: Attack: d20 + 4 = 20, Damage: d10 + 1 = 9
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
From where he is standing, Sarvek tries to shoot the spider with his bow.

OOC: 2 Shots: 5,9 Miss/Miss


Sarvek frowns, cursing himself for being in too much of a hurry.
 

Nagoby

Villager
Emudre gasps in surprise, thankful for the protection of her armour. She loads her crossbow and shoots at the spider.

OOC: d20+1 = 14; if hit d8 = 1
 

Advertisement

Top