Pathfinder 1E Kingmaker: Stolen Land

Gafgarionn

First Post
First off! They threatened to rape Olegg's wife! Not trustworthy. They also have harassed them monthly! It would be cruel and sinister to allow them to live, even more so if you feel that Olegg and his wife would feel safe with the bandits in their actual home! This is ridiculous. Also remember how hard it was for me to find them this time? Imagine they get loose... and now imagine they know that we are out there hunting them down. We could not find them then. It should be decided otherwise. In my opinion: I didn't like our odds to start with, and I hate the odds of them being left on honor, in which they clearly lack.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Adrin nods at the words.
"While I hold some value for life. I do not hold any for the life of a parasite. I can kill these bandits here quickly and with more mercy than they would offer anyone else, for I have no wish to become the evil it is that I despise in others.

If the group decides to carry these bandits back, I will help, but I will not be part of any questioning or adjudication. I would prefer to just kill them
."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek says, "I must admit, my first instinct is to hang them. And I had forgotten, before Gafgarionn reminded me, that they had threatened Olegg's wife with rape. That is unacceptable. If we decide to let them live, it should not be at the outpost. We should bring any prisoners that we spare to the nearest garrison, and leave them there, rather than taking them to Olegg's. Or, we could just hang them, which is sounding better and better all the time."

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre listens to what the others have to say, and is quiet for a moment. "I, too, was deeply disturbed by the threats these bandits made towards Oleg's wife. Indeed, their words influenced my feelings so much that I had no desire to show mercy to the bandits that we executed at Oleg's. But I do not know for certain these bandits are truly as depraved to the core core as their speech would have us believe. Have you ever made a cruel threat you never intended to carry out? I have...." she says softly "and I have made mistakes in my youth, but grown wiser because of them. I am not sure that these bandits are truly beyond redemption."

"If they rot in prison, they will not be of use to anyone. If they are repentant, we can see to it that they find a way to make restitution to Oleg and his wife."

"Regardless, though, I will stand by and support the decisions of our group. It is not easy to be enforcers and judges of the law, and thus I respect the position taken by each of you in the matter of how to best uphold the law and balance justice and mercy."

Last edited:

Gafgarionn

First Post
I also should point out that they didn't just try to rob us. They assaulted us on a common path and tried to murder us! Which leads me to believe that they would have murdered any passers-by. Not just us. This cannot be ignored either. They need to die either by rope now, or by rope at Olegg's.

Diarmadhim

Explorer
One of the bandits, a younger man, suddenly shouts, "Please, please don't kill me! I'll tell you any-"

"HUSH!" Kressle hisses.

"I'll tell you anything you want to know!" The young man continues desperately. Whether this sudden outburst is due to him overhearing your discussion or him jumping to an assumption, you know not.

"I'LL SLIT YOUR THROAT YOU DAMN TRAITOR!" Kressle bellows, straining against her restraints.

"Shut up bitch - you were one of his favorites. The rest of us regularly suffered under his reign,"
another bandit with pockmarks chimes in. "There's no point in following a drunken fool to his doom. It was only a matter of time before the drink took him even further into his delusions." Turning his head toward the party he continues, "The Stag Lord is a bloody drunk. All that booze there was for him. He's half of what he used to be, and ain't never been right in the head. A few weeks ago he punched my horse for spittin' in the yard. Personally, I wouldn't care if he dropped dead tomorrow, but even drunk out of his mind he's still got a fair amount of fight to him."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Shillaadrini shakes his head, he does not know if the sudden burst from the bandits is from overhearing the deliberation or if it is an act of desperation born of the delay. He move closer to where the bandits are tied to make sure that they can hear his next words. He does not look at them when he speaks but looks at his friends, for he is speaking about the prisoners, not to them.

"We have been tasked with bringing justice to these lands. As an enforcer of justice here my specific thinking on this situation: I kill this one, now," he points to Kressel, "with the sword and remove the head. Of the other three, I kill two, and we release the other. This provides that one with two opportunities. One is to start a new life free of banditry. The second is to spread the word that justice has come into this land. The penalty for banditry is death. The best option is a quick one. We let those two decide which one lives and which one spreads the message.

That one's head, we bring to the Trading Post as proof of such meted justice. I have no interest in any grotesque display. Afterward, we simply discard it into the rough. I find that public display depreciates moral in viable citizenry; and instead, offers a challenge to dissenters
."

Adrin purposefully does not mention any bandit by name or even much refer to them as people. After he has spoken his words, he moves back away from the prisoners toward his friends; so that if any further discussion occurs, it is no longer within good earshot of the prisoners.

Last edited:

Ricky Passmore

First Post
Alexa says "I don't know about the release, but I can certainly agree of killing this vile one ( pointing at Kressel). If there is no person that objects she can be dispatched now. "

Alexa then looks around at the group waiting for a response.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases