Pathfinder 1E Kingmaker: Stolen Land

Nagoby

Explorer
I know very little of the gods. I mean, look at me. I'm some sort of sick and twisted perversion. They laughed at me as I was created. Allowed the wicked ways of my very being. Formed from some unholy amalgamation. Against the very foundation of what any civilized society views as natural.

Kuvarious realizes he spun of course of the topic a little, trying to collect his thoughts.

I aim to do what is right be my logic and needs, not by what society dictates.

Emudre looks at Kuvarious. "Who told you those things!?" she says furiously.

"Whoever it was, I am certain they were wrong! No, although I may disagree with you on many things, I don't think of you that way. If society has told you those things they're wrong! You are not bound by your ancestry, your appearance or the position of your birth!" She pauses to catch her breath, and then says more gently. "I hope in time you realize the power of your choices are worth so much more than the lies others have told to you. Yes, society may mistreat you, but you are worth more than the value society has placed on you."

Then more quietly, mostly to herself "Perhaps I too, have been guilty of misjudging you."

Sarvek replies to Emmie, “Point taken but it’s very hard not to think along such lines when everything you do seems to be unraveled at the merest whim of the universe.”

Emudre is thoughtful for a moment "Some say the gods are not all powerful, and others say they choose to limit their power so that we mortals have more power. I don't know the answer myself, because it's really beyond my comprehension. But I have been praying for strength and wisdom. I do think there are lessons to be learned, and courage to be found, even when our best intentioned plans unravel before our eyes, and even when the people we are charged to protect die as we helplessly flee. I do believe the kinder gods are on our side, and in time their help will become evident. "

Diarmadhim

Explorer
As you approach Oleg's Trading Post, a cry of alarm goes up. The Trading Posts' 30-foot wide wooden gate slams shut. Moments later, you are greeted by the sight of four men armed with longbows, pointing at you. “Halt! Who goes there?” one of the men shout in challenge.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Shillaadrini yells back.

"Call for Oleg! Send him up so he can see us!"

OOC: Just in case Adrin recognizes a uniform or insignia. Knowledge Local: 10, Perception: 25

Last edited:

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre studies the armed guards, trying to discern their intentions and where they are from.

OOC: Sense motive 12, Perception 26

Ricky Passmore

First Post
Alexa proclaims "Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg's Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of the Dragonscale Throne.”

And then points to the charter that the party is carrying.

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Upon closer inspection, you spot that the armed men are wearing the livery of members of the Restov military. You quickly surmise that these are most likely the guards that the Restov Swordlords had promised to send behind you. Their apparent leader speaks up. “Oleg is on his way. You'll understand if we remain cautious until your identity is verified. I will not risk jeopardizing our assignment on a charter that could have been stolen by bandits seeking revenge.”

After a few moments, Oleg comes into view upon the rampart. “Welcome back!” He shouts, obviously relieved – happy even – to see you all returning. “Svetlana will be happy to see you all have made it back. She's been a nervous wreck since you all departed. Come in, come in,” he ushers to the guards to open the gate, “please tell us of your adventure!”

The gate loudly creaks open. You see Oleg and Svetlana standing expectantly as you all ride in. Svetlana is obviously relieved. “Welcome back!” She gushes. “Please settle in and I'll get you all something warm to eat! So glad to see you're back unharmed.” Oleg adds quickly, “We had to add more beds to the lodging, so it's not quite as spacious as it once was. Sorry for that, but I didn't want these other gentlemen to be left without a roof over their heads. Oh – here. Allow me to introduce you to Kesten Garess! Yes, he's a cousin of the noble Garess family. We're quite honored to have him protecting us with his men! With them here to guard the post while you all hunt them bandits down, we'll be able to sleep much sounder at night! Before I forget, there's also a cleric that's currently staying here too. He's in the lodging right now.”

The man that spoke before tugs at the collar of his full plate and gives a perfunctory nod of his head in greeting. “I'm glad we decided to give a challenge rather than just firing. That would have been... embarrassing,” he grins jokingly. Clearing his throat he pushes forward, “Before I forget – I have taken the liberty of posting wanted posters over on the storage pen. I know you all are already going to be exploring the area. You all taking care of those can ensure you will be able to finance yourselves better too, instead of just relying on the spoils from combat... Though some of the wanted posters will require combat too.”

GM: Anyone with Knowledge (Nobility), please feel free to make a check!

Kesten Garess
Kesten Garess (#336666).jpg
The Wanted Posters
Stolen Land Wanted Posters.png
Jhod Kavken
Jhod Kavken.jpg

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
... The man that spoke before tugs at the collar of his full plate and gives a perfunctory nod of his head in greeting. “I'm glad we decided to give a challenge rather than just firing. That would have been... embarrassing,” he grins jokingly...
Shillaadrini shakes his head.
"... rather than just firing? Great business tactic for a trading post."

He then moves off to look at the wanted posters.

OOC: Adrin has knowledge local not noble, but if it can be untrained, he has a +1. Roll = 11.

Gafgarionn

First Post
I know I for will feel some comfort knowing that you all are here to guard this family, and this post in our absence. I like the idea of being able to make some extra coin on the way as well.

Kuvarious tries to heads to the stables to put his horse up, and then to his bunk, longing for some comfort and stability for a rest.

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre greets Oleg and Svetlana, happy to have returned safely to the post. After exchanging pleasantries, she inquires about the new cleric. Once the discussion has settled down she goes to look at the posters.

Remove ads