• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingmaker: Your City and Kingdom

neofax

First Post
1. Where your group built your first city and why;
Stag Lords Keep for the 1/2 Castle. Only one player enjoys doing the kingdom building game so we have separate sessions.

2. The name of your first city and why;
Staghorn as they couldn't agree to a name and rolled the dice on their top 3.

3. The name of your kingdom and why you chose it;
Yet again Staghorn as they didn't really care all that much.

4. What you developed/built first;
I want to say it was a brothel, but it could have been the Inn as well.

5. Whatever else you deem relevant, such as the locations of any subsequent cities or important structures.
We are ending Book 4 tomorrow and they have 6 cities, 14th level characters that have the wealth of 20th level characters as they can basically take whatever they want out of the treasury and don't worry on the rolls as they can only fail on 1's. The kingdom builder is very good at optimizing what buildings he needs to autopass the rolls and generate mad loot.

Personally, as the DM I do not like this AP. The assumptions it makes and the strap on rules were not completely thought through. Why would a Baron go out and explore hexes? It would be easier to take the Leadership feat and send out a cohort. Heck, just pay a lacky from the treasury as you have 15 magic sweat shops throughout your kingdom. You have the largest army in all of Avistan due to your printing press cranking out money and no worries in the world. However, the concept is great and I plan to use it to make something akin to Red Hand of Doom, except set in Katapesh or Qadira (I am a Al'Qadim/Kongdom of Kalamar fan).

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
cross posting:
In converting the original rules to 4e, I decided that each lesser item shop has a 1 in 6 chance of generating 1 BP per month. There is a 68% chance that minor items rolled were potions or scrolls, and at least 50% that armor and wondrous items generated were too cheap to sell.
per Q&A on pathfinder boards, cheap items don't automatically sell for the listed building points.

Medium Magic items*~1 hour of number crunching*
27% less than 3k
26% 4-8k value
35% 12-16k
6% 20-24k
5% 28-32k
1% higher

Could be represented by 1d8-2 building points per medium item generated.

to sell an item it becomes a dc 15 economy check, +5 for every 2 BP the item is worth. that matches the original 20/35 check. Due to different assumptions of 4e, I'm ignoring the major items. I don't know if this makes the PCs lose out on legitimate / necessary sources of building points. Perhaps I will Add some kind of static bonus, or establish trade route action that generates BPs...

Last edited:

Remove ads