Knight of the Sacred Seal (ToM) - Which Vestige to take

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
I build a Binder 6, KotSS 2 elf for a Spelljammer game, 32 points.

His stats so far are Str 14, Dex 18 (2 level ups), Con 12, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 14.

Feats:
1st Weapon Focus (rapier)
3rd Combat Expertise
4th Bonus Improved Binding
6th Deadly Defense

With his Equipment and Andras and Paimon bound he has an AC of 29 and an attack of +15, dealing 2d6+3 points of damage (+8) on a smite. Now I can't decide between Malfas and Paimon which one to take as a Patron Vestige. The other two characters in the Party will be an archer ranger and a stunning monk, so the binders primary objective will be tanking and talking, as well as some crowd control and smiting. Any help would be appreciated.

avr

First Post
Paimon is the combat vestige of these two, Malphas is more about sneaking and spying. Your patron vestige is the one you must bind every day, so you probably want to take Paimon as your patron - you probably don't ever want to be without the dex bonus or the weapon finesse feat, but from the description of your role sneaking and spying may be more optional to your role.

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. At the moment I'm actually leaning toward Madras. While the Dex Boost and other abilities of Paimon are great, an extra smite seems a bite more useful than running around and hitting people. So, for the time I will be probably staying bound to both.

Remove ads