Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell [Kulan] (OOC [Old Thread])

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I've been dealing with a personal issue this week, as well as a bad bout of chronic pain. My next reply likely won't be until next week, but I might find an opportunity to post on the weekend.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so the personal issue is semi-resolved for the next month of so, but it will still be in the back of my mind. It's been weighing on me heaviliy and I'm been throwing myself into CRPGs as a distraction. Played a lot of Fable II and Reckoning, and some of Age of Wonders II (today), as well as tons of an open source game called FreeOrion. I guess I needed a break from being a DM. I was checking this game and the one on The Piazza almost every day. It was becoming like work, which is never fun.

My hope is to post something before Sunday. We'll see. I have physio on Thursday, so hopefully my pain will be a lot less.

Blackrat 's Bardic Knowledge roll... the DC is high, but not for all aspects of the sword and its history. I rolled a 22 for his check. 1d20+10=22

For [MENTION=27761]Blackrat[/MENTION]:
[sblock]That will tell him a bit more about the sword. First of all, he knows it historical name, Cruel Justice. The elves call it Nwalkagurtha, which is not an exact translation. The weapon was created by humans but it is part of a group of weapons known as the Star Arms. It's metal fell from the sky, and it might have been more than just a celestial meteor. It may have been divine, although some tales about the Star Arms call them curses on those who wield them. They are drawn to each other and will do almost anything to be brought together, even if blood must be shed.

Cruel Justice is definitely intelligent and has a strong willpower. Stories tell of its desire to force justice on those who it believes are guilty. The stories don't mention much about how that guilt was determined. The sword simply sensed it and pushed its wielder to act. Lorien doubts very much that it would let a chaotic mind weild it and doing so might be harmful. The blade is a weapon of order, but it likely cares nothing for morality.

How it came to be in this place is beyond what Lorien knows. That would require a lot of research.

Feel free to embellish a historical story within the guidelines of what I've written. Note that Harqual has had a lot of wars and petty warlords and many of them were human (or half-human). The Black Wars were an intense time period, and if the sword is that old (Lorien isn't sure), Cruel Justice might have played a key role in the annals of lore along the Eastern Shores.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Hey Knightfall, absolutely no worries. Do what you have to do to remain sane. Games should not feel like work. That's why I haven't chucked it all and become a full time DM for hire. Well that and the fact that my wife would kill me and I have more bills to pay than I am likely to be able to cover working as a DM. But hey, I am a pretty good cook too. If any of you are fabulously wealthy and would like a personal chef and DM for say a 80k a year, send me a PM. Maybe I can work something out...

Seriously, hope you get your personal life sorted out and the pain under control. Worry about that and the game will keep until you are in a position to just have fun again.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], are you still out there? I haven't seen you post in a while.

I'm assuming that everyone else is still good to go ahead, right?

Blackrat checked in with me on Facebook, so I know he's good to keep playing. I don't want the game to fall by the wayside again, but I want to judge how everyone is doing with the game so far. Is the pace too slow? Do you want to skip some of what's to come to get into the meat and potatoes of the adventure?

Thoughts and suggestions always welcome.

Scotley

Hero
Present! I'm happy working our way through things as they come. My life is subject to occasional bouts of intense work related distraction from gaming, so the pace has been good for me. I'd have trouble keeping up if we went much faster.

Remove ads