Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell [Kulan] (OOC [Old Thread])

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Will save required for all PCs, except for Aureus who already saved vs. this ability.

For any PC that fails the save, Cruel Justice will be able to use detect thoughts on the character. The weapon is seeking for any sign of guilt for any past deeds. If any of you feel that your PC feels guilty about something from the past, you can roleplay the result if the save fails. The weapon sees the worst thing the PC has ever done and will try to convince the character to atone for the 'crime', if the PC hasn't already faced justice.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I don't really think Lorien has ever done anything actually criminal. He might disregard laws in moral sense but because of his noble upbringing he obeys basic laws out of habit and self preservation. Then again his neutrality in good/evil axis might mean that he has on occasion disregarded someone else's plight. But I don't think the sword cares for that :D

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Not sure what kind of "secret shame" would be appropriate for Caerth. I mean, besides the cruelty to animals in his youth, before he was properly raised and trained as a druid. Any thoughts?

Scotley

Hero
Phar missed his save too. He's a paragon of Elven virtue, but no one is without sin I suppose. Will give it some thought and try to get up a post later today.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Roll for me, if you would. +5. Apparently my save bonus in rogues gallery is wrong btw.
Will save: 1d20+5=12

I don't really think Lorien has ever done anything actually criminal. He might disregard laws in moral sense but because of his noble upbringing he obeys basic laws out of habit and self preservation. Then again his neutrality in good/evil axis might mean that he has on occasion disregarded someone else's plight. But I don't think the sword cares for that :D
Well, since the save was a failure, you can decide to come up with your own description of what you think the worst thing Lorien ever did and post it in the IC thread. Be as creative as you want. The main thing to consider is if Lorien broke a law, was he ever punished for it. That would be key to how the sword will view him.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Not sure what kind of "secret shame" would be appropriate for Caerth. I mean, besides the cruelty to animals in his youth, before he was properly raised and trained as a druid. Any thoughts?
The cruelty to animals thing would apply if Caerth wasn't properly chastised for his wrong-doing. I believe your noted in your description that Caerth's druid master taught him to be kind but would he have made him do penance as part of his training?

As for something more sinister that he might have done, I can't really think of anything to suggest. If you feel that it would be a good role-playing twist for the character, you could say he did something in his youth that truly hurt another person but maybe it wasn't on purpose. Did someone trick him? Was he punished? Does he still feel guilty about it?

That sort of thing.

Phar missed his save too. He's a paragon of Elven virtue, but no one is without sin I suppose. Will give it some thought and try to get up a post later today.
Be creative with it but don't feel you have to make the 'sin' a major one. It's up to you. :)

Remove ads