• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell [Kulan] (OOC [Old Thread])

Scotley

Hero
Sorry to vanish like that. Internet connectivity turned out to be a problem this week while I was on vacation. Will try to get caught up asap.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I posted in the IC that Caerth decided to ready his action. However, arrows are useless so he drops that idea but has no effective way to fight the ooze; no blunt weapon, no useful spell, no torches to set the thing on fire... so I'm kind of stuck.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I posted in the IC that Caerth decided to ready his action. However, arrows are useless so he drops that idea but has no effective way to fight the ooze; no blunt weapon, no useful spell, no torches to set the thing on fire... so I'm kind of stuck.
Ah, I didn't realize that Caerth doesn't have a bludgeoning weapon.

The only possibility is that he could attack one of the oozes with a punch, which likely wouldn't be very effective since hide armor does come with a pair of gauntlets. He could kick the ooze with his boots (He has boots right?), which would be an unarmed strike that deals 1d3 nonlethal damage.

It's probably better that he delay's his action.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hmm, Caerth could also grab an improvised weapon from the billet-room. There are old cots/beds in there. Aureus already broke one apart, so there would be a loose piece of wood lying around (equivalent to a small club [1d4-1 damage]). (There are 2 good pieces [rolled 1d6-1] that he can use.) If he takes his time, and breaks apart the other cot/bed, carefully (1 full round's worth of work [rolled 1d4-1]), he could get something more the size of a quarterstaff [1d6-1/1d6-1].

He won't have to worry about the standard -4 penalty since the wood pieces are similar to weapons he could normally use, but the condition of the wood is poor (a bit rotted). Thus, the -1's to damage. Plus, on a roll of 1, the improvised weapon breaks.

He could also use a loose stone as a ranged weapon.

Last edited:

Remove ads