Know any good "random complication" tables for SF games?

Faolyn

(she/her)
So, a couple of the folks at my table will soon be completing the character sheet for their newest 0th-level human and will be taking some time off of gaming because of that. We're figuring on putting our regular games on hiatus for a while, until they're ready to come back, and doing one-shots and the like during that time, using some of the rules-lite games I've collected over the years but never had a chance to play. I had a sudden yen to run a game like Lasers and Feelings (came to me while watching an ep of Star Trek: Discovery) in order to help hone my improv skills. And since it seems like a system that thrives on not planning things out too much ahead of time, I'm looking for interesting random tables. I've found a few for encounters and plot hooks, but none for complications or other SF weirdness. Anyone know of any?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
If you hustle, you could jump on this kickstarter:

I have found Lasers & Feelings doesn't require much input once the game gets started... But probably nice to have a backup "twist" table or something.

Faolyn

(she/her)
If you hustle, you could jump on this kickstarter:

I have found Lasers & Feelings doesn't require much input once the game gets started... But probably nice to have a backup "twist" table or something.
Looks good! But it probably won't be available by the time I need it.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Surprised there are not a few, you would think Star Trek and Star Wars would have some. I swear I have seen card decks for random plots and ships at Gen Con! You may just want to search DriveThurRPG just to see what is out.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Surprised there are not a few, you would think Star Trek and Star Wars would have some. I swear I have seen card decks for random plots and ships at Gen Con! You may just want to search DriveThurRPG just to see what is out.
I don't actually own any gaming books for those systems (I used to have some d6 Star Wars stuff, but gods know where they've gone). I only have some GURPS Traveler stuff and it seems low on the random stuff tables. I'm debating if I should break out my TOON books at this point.

I did just take a look through Drivethrough and found the "What's Wrong With Your Ship" collection, which was cheap enough to get.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases