• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kobold Inconsistancy

hong

WotC's bitch
Kraydak said:
I know. I thought I remembered him also saying that they had gone through and made sure that the humanoid types made sense. Clearly not. Why should you care? Meepo. Imagine your party adopting a kobld and trying to put armor on him. It has happened. In 3e, it happened enough times that Meepo became an iconic figure. (Also note that for at least one of the kobolds, that "special effect" is armor *reducing* your AC :confused: )
The DM makes it up. A +2 AC bonus -- a number I just pulled out of my pee-pee -- is something that a player is not going to complain about, and that is the primary criterion. Adjust as needed to fit your players' sensitivities.

Jack99

Adventurer
hong said:
The DM makes it up. A +2 AC bonus -- a number I just pulled out of my pee-pee -- is something that a player is not going to complain about, and that is the primary criterion. Adjust as needed to fit your players' sensitivities.

You want DMs to make decisions based on something that has no rule in the books? What will be next, that you expect us to make up our own rules???

;)

themilkman

First Post
I like to have some variety inside the racial groups, so I'm not particularly concerned with consistency.

It's more interesting to me to raid a kobold liar and fight monsters with different weapons, tactics, and weaknesses. If they're all vulnerable to fear, then fear has become the anti-kobold magic bullet. More variety tends to lead to more tactical considerations, and I like that.

Also, I can't imagine a situation in which it would matter to me, as a DM or a player, whether a kobold has 8 intelligence or 6.

Eldorian

First Post
Halivar said:
Wow. Is this a minor, move, or standard action? And does urinating on an attacker provoke an attack of opportunity?

Why would you urinate on an attacker? It's an ac buff. You urinate on allies.

Halivar

First Post
Eldorian said:
Why would you urinate on an attacker? It's an ac buff. You urinate on allies.
The AC buff must be a smell-based repulsion. I would house-rule that eladrin can't use this ability because their pee-pee smells like rose water.

'The Kobold Inconsistancy"? I haven't seen it, is it anything like 'The Bounre Supremacy'? If it is as good as that I will see it.....
Otherwise the Inconsistancy doesn't bother me at all (apart fromt the fact it was once somewhere near Hong's, ahem, pee pee)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads