D&D 5E Kobolds are also from the Feywild now?

Weiley31

Legend
Eh I'll just keep Kobolds as mini dragons/related to them in my 5E games.

Also, when can everything start coming from the Shadowfell? I'm sure we filled the "Positive Energy" aspect of stuff via the Feywild, bring on the Shadowsfell races.

Like the Gnomes, Dragonborn, and Volo.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I think kobolds should make heavy use of cobalt in their culture, since the element is named after them.
My kobolds in Twilight Fables (5e supplement) do just that.
kobold_final copy.png

see

Pedantic Grognard
I'm going to hope it's a Dragon+ specific screwup. However defensible making kobolds fey might be on its own, it's a good idea to maximize story distance between kobolds and goblins to avoid a relapse into the situation where many writers for the game had a hard time keeping them straight.

Weiley31

Legend
DM: So, the evil wizard casts "Hold Person" on your Kobold Fighter an-

Player: Doesn't work.

DM: Confused look?

Player: According to Crawford, Kobolds are from the Feywild, and that makes them Fae. Therefore, that spell is useless.

DM: That's not............that's not how that works. That's not how ANY of this works. gets shot by Crawford who appears from underneath the table.

Player: Thanks Jeremy.

Crawford: No problem player. hears the DM's mom's footsteps approaching the room. You should really dispose of that body.

Player: O___O

The Mother as the door starts opening up: Timmy, are you and your brother enjoying your new TTRPG?

Last edited:

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I think at this point a fresh explanation of what 5e’s “Feywild” is is in order, just so people can set appropriate expectations.

I mean, I’m perfectly willing to accept “Feywild origins” as not equal to “fey”, that the plane called Feywild even has its own population of dragons-that-are-not-fey and all that.

Remove ads