• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

KotS_Zombies question for other DMs_Possible Spolier

Voss

First Post
Seconded. It doesn't matter much against a defender, but almost anyone else, its a scary situation to be in. I wouldn't want to be a rogue, warlock, wizard, or a ranged focused cleric or ranger and be grabbed by a zombie with more closing in. Its going to be a bad day.

Spatula

Explorer
PeelSeel2 said:
It's lame. It only immobilizes. I do not even think it grants combat advantage.

I was going to have it inflict either half slam damage or full slam damage (just to be nasty).
It doesn't need to. Once the zombie has grabbed someone, it's only a minor action to keep them grabbed, meaning the zombie can still still attack and maintain the grapple. Meanwhile the grabbed character has to use their actions trying to escape.

Blackeagle

First Post
Spatula said:
It doesn't need to. Once the zombie has grabbed someone, it's only a minor action to keep them grabbed, meaning the zombie can still still attack and maintain the grapple. Meanwhile the grabbed character has to use their actions trying to escape.

Trying to escape is a move action. What else are you going to do with your move action when you're immobilized? :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm not sure about the combat advantage, but I AM sure that the zombie can slam the PC on subsequent rounds. It may not be insta-kill but it's not teh suck either. One zombie grabs you and then you can't get away while the others move in to eat you...

Fitz

Irda Ranger

First Post
What I really want to know is:
1. Can you be grabbed by more than one zombie at a time?
2. If so, how does being grabbed by multiple opponents effect escape attempts?

Because if it makes it a lot harder, crowds of zombie minions are suddenly much, much scarier. "Hold still while we ... BRAAAIIIIINS!!"

Lacyon

First Post
Irda Ranger said:
What I really want to know is:
1. Can you be grabbed by more than one zombie at a time?
2. If so, how does being grabbed by multiple opponents effect escape attempts?

Because if it makes it a lot harder, crowds of zombie minions are suddenly much, much scarier. "Hold still while we ... BRAAAIIIIINS!!"

I'd assume the answers are 1) Yes and 2) You have to escape from each grab with a separate move action and successful roll.

Don't know for sure, though.

hectorse

Explorer
Lacyon said:
I'd assume the answers are 1) Yes and 2) You have to escape from each grab with a separate move action and successful roll.

Don't know for sure, though.

I would rule it that way!

OMGZ BRAAAINZ

ZetaStriker

First Post
Where did the Combat Advantage bit come from? Immobilized doesn't grant any bonuses/penalties, other than prohibiting all but forced movement and teleportation.

theNater

First Post
There seems to be some confusion. From page 46:
Keep on the Shadowfell said:
If a grab attempt succeeds, the victim is immobilized-unable to move out of the space it occupies until it escapes the grab, or until the grabber releases its grip.
I don't know where the claims that grabbing causes the restrained condition are coming from.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads