Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

Guild Street in front of the manor:

Borya comes back to the courtyard of the manor just in time to see one of the Lyreguards carry out a small boy in his arms. Borya immediately goes to check on the woman and her son. Other guards use water and ice magic to hold back the flames.

He watches as Kisep disappears inside to help. The guard hands the boy over to a woman who appears to be his mother. The guard goes back in and comes out again with a female gnome. More guards appear out of the smoke along with, first, Kisep, and then Sarten. Kisep helps one of the guards rescue a heavy-set man while Sarten helps a lithe girl from the building. The woman is overjoyed to see both of them.

The guard captain Borya and the others met earlier orders all the civilians into the street. Borya helps carry the big man out into the street, as the guards help ther other who had been inside. An arcanist of some power casts a spell that surrounds the building with a magical effect and pushes all the air out, snuffing out the fire.

OOC: The female gnome is still hurt from her ordeal as is the footman who was lying unconscious near the manor's front door, and the big man Borya carries has some obvious wounds (beaten and stabbed) of struggle. The woman seems fine while her two children are suffering from smoke inhalation. The boy is the worst of the two, as he is younger.

"Relax," Borya says with a loving smile, (O.O.C. 3 cure light wounds later, one on the man, the other on the boy and girl)

Warder Wilsk motions to two members of the Market Watch, "Go, help find this assassin. Let me know how their companions are fairing."

The guards jump to his command.

"Agreed. The family might know something," Wilsk interjects.

The woman looks at Sarten with a look of disbelief. "So you don't know?"

"This is Kailer Goloda," Wilsk motions to the big man that Borya carried into the street. "This is his wife, Marla. And these are their two children." The young girl watches over her brother who coughs fitfully, wheezing in as best he can.

"he will be alright, but it will take time."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jagr realizes the difficulty of his situation. "We can't very well take him and the window. Take him Vak-tiel and I'll tie him up." He releases his grip with a final shove. He is ready to pounce on the fellow should he try to escape.
Jagr senses that he could easily move into the building and take the man down with strike, but he waits for Vak'tiel move.

Upon seeing Jagr let go of the assassin Vak'tiel swiftly attempts to hold him in place until he can be properly secured.
Shrough rushes to join to assist the other two with tying up the arson[ist].
Vak'tiel easily grabs a hold of the assassin and arsonist, as the man struggles to find his footing after Jagr shoves him through the rest of the window. Shrough soom joins Jagr and Vak'tiel near the building. He seizes his chance to help and joins Vak'tiel in holding the man down.

Jagr moves into the building where the man has been grappled. He pulls out a coil of rope and attempts to bind him.
At first, Jagr doesn't have an opening to get the rope on the man's limbs with Vak'tiel and Shrough in the way. However, he soon finds an opening and manages to bind the man's arms behind his back and coil the rest of the rope around the man's torso, legs, and feet.

The runner will not run again this night.

Cal finds the trio standing over the hogtied assassin. The man has a glum look in his face and there is a touch of madness in his eyes.

OOC: Use Rope for Jagr > 1d20+6=10 (The DC was 9 -- the same at the man's failed grapple roll.)

Trogdor1992

First Post
"Hey, looks like you're too late to get in on the fun!" Vak'tiel shouts upon seeing Cal. Turning upon the tied up runner, a menacing look on his face, he says "So are we gonna torture him until he tells us what's going on?"

OOC: Think you can make a bluff check for me?

Scotley

Hero
The powerful cat man scoops up the bound human and throws him over his shoulder. "Where should we take him now that we have him?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
afterhe gets picked up, being one beat slower then the others, he clears his throat and says, "Ahem*, perhaps we should search his body first? he could have something like a clue as to who he is, why he did what he did or worse, a way he can escape, on his person"

Chuckfar

First Post
Breathless Cal joins his companions! "Glad to see you guys caught him! I agree lets search the person. And then get him back to the house. Hopefully the others were able to put the fire out! Man I am tired of running!!! I need to learn how to fly!" He finishes with a chuckle.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Hey, looks like you're too late to get in on the fun!" Vak'tiel shouts upon seeing Cal. Turning upon the tied up runner, a menacing look on his face, he says "So are we gonna torture him until he tells us what's going on?"
The man looks at Vak'tiel wide-eyed. He looks confused and withdrawn but does not speak to the tiefling.

OOC: Vak'tiel's Intimidate check > 1d20+6=16

The powerful cat man scoops up the bound human and throws him over his shoulder. "Where should we take him now that we have him?"
"No, no! Please don't hurt me!" The man exclaims, "I didn't want to do it! I was being controlled, I swear! Sorcery took m-my m-mind from m-me!" The man begins crying before sobbing out, "M-master Goloda has always been good to m-me! Gods, what that thing did to m-my m-mind!" Then he begins shaking and half laughs, half cries. "You m-must m-me... believe!"

afterhe gets picked up, being one beat slower then the others, he clears his throat and says, "Ahem*, perhaps we should search his body first? he could have something like a clue as to who he is, why he did what he did or worse, a way he can escape, on his person"

Breathless Cal joins his companions! "Glad to see you guys caught him! I agree lets search the person. And then get him back to the house. Hopefully the others were able to put the fire out! Man I am tired of running!!! I need to learn how to fly!" He finishes with a chuckle.
Two guards appear on the scene shortly after Cal.

"You've caught him," one says. "Well done."

"Wait! I know him," the other says. "That's Corleg. He's Master Goloda's servant. Why would he do such a thing?"

"I swear! My m-mind... was against m-me... turned , hee, hee, ahhhh," the man named Corleg half babbles.

Remove ads