Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Shrough puts his mind to thought wondering on the mentioned names. He is deep in though as he stands there.

OOC
[sblock="Results"]Shrough has never heard of Kalier Goloda or Odals Alzota.

He has heard of the wizard known as Yenejg. He was a harsh ruler of several nearby towns nearly seventy years ago, although he didn't control Bard's Gate. The main town he ruled from is now in ruins and the others are mainly abandoned. There is a nearby town called Shapic that still exists, however.

Yenejg was considered to be a tyrant and he was a very powerful wizard who dabbled in the Dark Arts. He had a tower located somewhere in the region. Shrough doesn't know where, however.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I too have heard of . . . " He pauses and makes a superstitious gesture of protection like the guardsman did, " . . . Yenejg. He has been dead for 70 years, so I feel you , I and all are safe. He never conquered Bard's gate, so That is a good thing. The other two names I can't recall anything that I have heard about."

Chuckfar

First Post
Cal questions the fact that only the guards are going to get this Goloda fellow. "Do you guys think a few of us should accompany this Goloda to the keep? He kinda is our, as the bridge mouth put it second task! I will go, anyone else? Or do we stick together?"

"I've never heard of Odals Alzota. Unfortunately, I have heard of Yenejg." He looks at Borya with great concern. "I d-don't want you to d-die, cousin."

"That makes two of us," Borya says with his customary smirk. "But I will hope mother earth will see fit to let this wretch last a wee bit longer."

Cal questions the fact that only the guards are going to get this Goloda fellow. "Do you guys think a few of us should accompany this Goloda to the keep? He kinda is our, as the bridge mouth put it second task! I will go, anyone else? Or do we stick together?"

"I think if Yenejg is involved, we need all the help we can get and separating into smaller groups only leads to folly"

Scotley

Hero
Jagr listens to the others before speaking. "We are of like mind. I too think we should accompany this fellow and try to have a word with him. I think we should stay together. If they don't find him at home, we should make haste to his offices in the keep district."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"I think if Yenejg is involved, we need all the help we can get and separating into smaller groups only leads to folly"
"I concur" Shrough is quite serious.
Jagr listens to the others before speaking. "We are of like mind. I too think we should accompany this fellow and try to have a word with him. I think we should stay together. If they don't find him at home, we should make haste to his offices in the keep district."
"Agreed" Sarten says.
"Sounds like a good enough plan. I just really wanna know what's going on here."
"If you all feel you must talk to Master Goloda," Marcus says. "I'll stay here and watch, it." He looks at the face with some trepidation. "Linus should be able to introduce you to Master Golodae." He points down to the guard who is working to get the gate of Goloda's Estate open.

Cal leads the others onto Guild Street where several lamplighters look at them with some concern. The street well lit and the group is soon standing in front of Goloda Estate. The Lyreguard named Linus manages to get the lock on the gate open with one of several skeleton keys.

"It is odd that Master Goloda's manservant didn't come when I banged on the gate," Linus says as he pushes open the gate. The courtyard in front of you is quiet. The estate is simply a large house that is well appointed. The building has at least two floors with large, glassed windows on the upper level. Curtains hang in each window, yet you can see the glow of candlelight behind several of them. Then, one light goes out suddenly, as if extinguished. You can see a figure moving behind one curtain and then the figure disappears.

A voice cries out from somewhere inside and then there is silence.

You notices that the front door of the house is standing open as light dances along its edges. You hear what sound like footfalls on stairs. In the doorway, you notice the feet of someone who is lying just beyond the light of the street lamps. A loud crash rises into the air above you. A chair passes through a broken window, and a feminine voice shouts, "Please help!"

You see a woman standing in the window. The glow of light behind her intensifies. Then you see smoke pouring through the window just before she collapses on the windowsill. Another crash rings through the night air from somewhere you cannot see.

"Fire!" Linus yells before running back onto the street. "Fire! Fire!" He blows on a loud whistle and it is followed up by several other high-pitched whistles from elsewhere in the city.

Then you see a man on the roof of the manor. He sees you and takes off running along the edge and jumps easily from the roof to the high wall surrounding the courtyard. He then jumps onto a nearby roof heading away from you over the rooftop and out of sight to the northwest.

OOC: What do you do?

Remove ads