Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Lorien rubs the bridge of his nose as the aura of Nwalkagurtha starts to give him a headache. "Magic... Can not say anything accurate, but it seems to be sealing the door to the frame. Dispell could do the trick, I think..." He averts his eyes and turns directly to Phar and mutters in elven: "The sword's aura is incredibly powerfull. I can barely make out any of my own magical items..."

Ooc: Damn, must have been an oversight when I built the character. Got to take some ranks on level up...

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth Heart-of-Oak

Caerth nods. "If there is magic sealing the door, can someone dispel it? I can shape the wood so we can enter, but I doubt the door's magic allows me to do so now."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth nods. "If there is magic sealing the door, can someone dispel it? I can shape the wood so we can enter, but I doubt the door's magic allows me to do so now."
Caerth watches as Phar steps forward casts a spell to dispel the magic protecting the door. His gestures are fluid and the spell goes off without any difficulty. The door seems to glow for a moment then the magic of Phar's spell fades away.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
He averts his eyes and turns directly to Phar and mutters in elven: "The sword's aura is incredibly powerfull. I can barely make out any of my own magical items..."
Lorien watches Phar cast his dispel magic on the door. Another aura flashes in the elf bard's eyes. He notes that aura on the door seems to bounce his companion's magic off of it. The aura on the door remains intact, as far as Lorien can tell.

OOC: While watching the auras interact, Lorien has a flashback to an old teacher who was fond on protecting the wardrobe where he hid his best sweetmeats with a simple arcane lock spell. Lorien knows that a knock spell might work.

Last edited:

Blackrat

"Still sealed" Lorien says as he sees the spell fail. "A childhood friend of mine overcame similar seals with a spell she called Knock. You wouldn't happen to know it?" He continues musing to Phar.

Scotley

Hero
Phar looks downcast. "Unfortunately, Knock is not a spell I have had time and opportunity to master though I am familiar with it. Thus, I tried to simple dispel the magic, but it seems I have failed. Perhaps we can find another way forward or resort to non-magical means?"

Blackrat

"Well, if it is anything like the spells I remember from childhood, brute force is enough to overcome it. But you need a lot of strenght..." Lorien sizes up Quinn's muscles as he speaks.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Quinn shakes his head and rolls his shoulder to prepare for another bashing from the door. Perhaps if another assists? He then paces back 5 paces and goes full steam and plows into the door.

_: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinn shakes his head and rolls his shoulder to prepare for another bashing from the door. Perhaps if another assists? He then paces back 5 paces and goes full steam and plows into the door.
Aureus sees that the human Phar named Quinn is sizing up the door once more. She decides to try to him him break down the door. As he rushes forward she moves alongside and hits the door at the same time. There is just enough room on the stairs for the two of them. The sound of them slamming into the door echoes across the water. The door feels like its going to give for a second but holds together. Either their is something barring the door from the other side or it is tougher than it looks.

OOC: Aid Another (Strength check, DC 10) >> 1d20+1=10 | This gives a +2 on Quinn's Strength check to break down the door. Unfortunately, that's still not high enough to break down the door.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus turns to Phar and says in broken Elven, "Door hard. Might have climb up. Broken sections." She motions to the holes in the tower before shouldering off her pack. She pulls out a climbing rope Phar knows well. A magical rope for climbing. One of her prized possessions. "I go first. Tie off."

Remove ads