Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by JustinCase
Caerth ignores her and focuses on the dead rat. A large key would be obvious because the broken body would not be able to bend as expected, but a small key... Taking the rat in his large hands, the half-orc decides to be blunt. Pulling with both hands while facing away from the others, the strong druids literally pulls the dead rat apart.

Holding half a rat in each hand, Caerth looks for obvious signs of a key.
The rat tears open easily; it almost crumbles in his hands. There isn't any sign of the key in the first rat, or in any of rat corpses. If it it here somewhere, none of the rats swallowed it. And he sees no sign of disease in the rats' carcasses.

OOC: Do you want me to make a roll for this?
OOC: No need for one.

Originally Posted by Scott DeWar
At the ripping apart of the rat, Quinn finds the (sight) to be repugnant and has to remove himself from the near vicinity of Caerth
He can see that the, once, hidden door opens inward into the cellar and that Aureus hasn't been able to move all the debris from in front of it. The crate is likely to heavy for the rogue to move alone.

OOC: DMs Note: `So far, there is a lot less missing than I originally thought. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"The key is not here," Caerth the half-orc druid says after examining all the dead rats. He puts one part of a rat in his bag, to feed it to his owl later, then continues to the hidden trapdoor with the others. "Need help?"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Possibly. As long as you don't go ripping dead rats in two anywhere near me. Aureus, may we move the rest?" Quinn gestures to himself and the half orc druid.

After a moment, Quinn says to Caerth, "You see, when I was just starting as a gladiator, I and the other green fighters had to catch and eat rats for our first meals. Those who survived their first fight would be fed normal food - they had earned their keep by winning. You ripping apart the rats reminded me of that time."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth doesn't really know what to say to that, so he looks at Quinn for a few awkward moments before saying, "Oh. Sorry about that."

The half-orc considers praising the nutritional value of rats, but decides against it. Seldom are people interested in those valuable bits of information.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Out of Character
Sigh, I spoke to soon. :-S

The next post is by Trogdor1992. The entire description of the chasm once the PCs get the door open and go down the stairs. And the initial revel of the giant centipede is gone. Here is the chasm`s description for semi-completeness...

The floor drops out from under your feet, disappearing in an expanse of darkness below. The only way to proceed is via a rather unstable-looking stone bridge that spans the chasm.

"So, would anyone still like to try running across?" the elf says, a grin on his face.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The centipede spits acid in retribution to being shot by an arrow, catching Quinn with the full force of the acid, then Quinn draws his spiked chain and unfurled it behind him then whips it out to the creature before him putting an under handed twist to get to its softer underbelly.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Scott DeWar
The centipede spits acid in retribution to being shot by an arrow, catching Quinn with the full force of the acid, then Quinn draws his spiked chain and unfurled it behind him then whips it out to the creature before him putting an under handed twist to get to its softer underbelly.
The weapon finds its mark and rips away some of that underbelly. There is no sign of rage in the wounded monster's eyes but it is definitely laboring from Quinn and Aureus' strikes.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"ugh, this stinks worse then a pack of goblins" he shrugs himself out of the mess to step on solid ground, then gets an idea. He takes his longsword and starts slicing open the underbelly to find the stomach. "Maybe the key is i here."

OOC: It seems like almost all of the fight against the Giant Centipede is missing.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Curse that key! Where could it be?" complains Phar in frustration. "At least you may have found something of value. I should think that shield would be rusted after a soaking in that creature's acid filled guts. It may well be magical." He surveys his companions and his brow furrows in consternation. "I feel we must be close, but we are in no condition to continue. It would be folly to get into another fight now. We need a place of safety and some time to recover."

Remove ads