• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Vincenzo steps up to Tim with a start of an awkward 'um ...' which the act of stepping up is unusual in as such he doesn't do this often.

"Sir Tymbek, before you go, I would like to place a protection on you, if I may?"

If allowed he casts resist energy, (fire) 20 (cl 8, lv 2 spell)

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
As Vinny utters the ancient gutteral words, a flash of heat followed by a gentle coolness washes over T,ym.

"This should reduce rhe damage from fire causud by the miscreant."

"Did anyone investigate where the pit trap ends? Maybe there are additional passages from there?" the ranger looks at the note
"The city could set some dwarves down and let them search."

"I have my own protection from fire. But Spritewing doesn't. Also, I can go behind Sir Tymbek."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vitus waits until everyone is within earshot but outside the earshot of the guards. He wanted everyone organized so that he could cast an Invisibility Purge and sweep the basement before he protected the group and went through the portal. He didn't want the guards to know he was able to cast spells.

"I think whoever goes through the gate first should be protected from fire - just in case they have a trap planned. Waldo likes fire. Rockhorn is already protected with Tykes Blessing which should make him resistant to any magical attack.
"Once we're in, I can protect everyone from the time displacement effect. But it only lasts minutes. Which should be fine since we don't want to be in there long."
"I did prepare to help with that issue..." Custodio notes as he and Tuck appear in the angular corridor. "If it takes longer, but, again, it will only last for a few minutes."

"Let hope we won't be in there long," Tuck adds. "I made Mutt stay at the manor. He wasn't happy about it, but I don't want to take him into that place again. And, we need to maximize Vitus and Custodio's protective spells."

"Who is going in first?"
Tim volunteers to be first, "I'll do it. He does love fire, to be sure; I remember the fireball trap, as well as the flaming fiend his gnomish minion summoned. I would definitely appreciate any magical protections that you might be able to provide me."
"I'll back you up," Tuck offers. "But if you see anything suspicious, then either Vinny or I should search for traps. There could be more issues than just Waldo's fire magic."

Vincenzo steps up to Tim with a start of an awkward 'um ...' which the act of stepping up is unusual in as such he doesn't do this often.

"Sir Tymbeck, before you go, I would like to place a protection on you, if I may?"
Tim says, "Yes, of course."
As Vinny utters the ancient guttural words, a flash of heat followed by a gentle coolness washes over Tym.

"This should reduce the damage from fire caused by the miscreant."
The others wait for Vincenzo to finish his spell.

"Did anyone investigate where the pit trap ends? Maybe there are additional passages from there?" the ranger looks at the note
"The city could set some dwarves down and let them search."

"I have my own protection from fire. But Spritewing doesn't. Also, I can go behind Sir Tymbek."
"Yes, the Elites have explored at the bottom of the pit," Custodio replies. "It was during their first foray down here that the trap was stumbled into by a guard. He fell to his death. They climbed down to retrieve his body and didn't find any hidden passages at the bottom." Custodio motions for Rockhorn and Spritewing to step to one side. He produces a key. "A locksmith was called in to replace the locks on these three doors. Oakfirst hired and paid him personally."

The Vanquisher cleric opens up the door leading into the pit room. "There are two doors up here at the top of the pit. Alban just told me that no one has investigated them. The Elites retrieved their fallen comrade and then closed up the door and tacked this warning until the door's lock was replaced." Custodio stands at the edge of the doorway and hangs on as he peers down into the darkness of the pit below. "Supposedly it is at least 80 feet down to the bottom of the pit. Two Elites entered and a pressure plate was stepped on. The guard closest to the door managed to grab the ledge here by the doorway. The other guard was too far away."

"The guard's family is paying to having him raised," Tuck adds.

Custodio steps back from the door after he closes and locks it. "We're not here to go exploring into those two other doors. We need to help the knight. Make sure he's still alive and give him the ring that will keep him from starving to death."

Race: Human
HP: 52/52
AC:
20; FF:17 T:14
Spot:+5
Listen:+5
Search+2

[]Cure Minor; [] Detect Magic; []Detect Poison; [] Amanuensis []Create Water ; [] Mending
Fort:+8
Will: +11
Refl: +5
Initiative: +3
Range:+8/+4
Melee: +7/+2 (+1)
1st [6+1](DC16) [ ]Bless; [ ] Entropic Shield[ ]Comprehend Languages; [ ]Endure Elements [ ] Divine Favor; []Lesser Vigor
2nd[4+1](DC17) []Avoid Planar effects; [ X] Benediction; [X] Status [X] Lesser Restoration
3rd[4+1](DC18) [ ] Stone Shape [X ]; Invisibility Purge; [X ] [X]Speak with Dead
4th: [3+1](DC19) [ ] Attune Form(extended) [] Sustain; [] Mass, Lesser Vigor (extended)
STR:13+1
DEX: 16+ 3
CON: 14 + 2
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 20 +5
CHA:15 +2
XP: 28,000/36000
LevelStudiedUsedSpell...................................................................................................................
1Longstrider
XXSanctuary
2XLocate Object
Shield Other
3xXProtection from Energy
Fly
4Spell Immunity
XDim Door

Custodio: "I did prepare to help with that issue..." Custodio notes as he and Tuck appear in the angular corridor. "If it takes longer, but, again, it will only last for a few minutes."
"Sure, why don't you cast yours first, as soon as we cross."

Seeing everyone checking their equipment, double-checking their bags and beginning to cast spells on their comrades, Vitus started with a powerful Divinations spell: Invisibility Purge. Everything within 40 feet of the teenager would suddenly 'pop' into view.

While the others were casting spells, Vitus did a quick run around the vicinity to double-check that there were no hidden traps or enemies ready to ambush them here before they left or when they got back.1

Seeing everyone finishing up, he cast Protection from Fire on Tymbeck2 and, finally, a protection spell on himself3 at the last possible moment as he watched the first of the Exemplars step through the door.

1. Casting Invisibility Purge. It lasts 8 minutes. I will spend 1 minute moving around the basement(or less, if it takes less time) to make sure there's nothing invisible
2. Cast Protection from Fire on Big Tim
3. Cast Sanctuary the moment before we step through the gate.

As soon as we step through the gate, I think Status ends. It doesn't work across planes and I'm not sure it's possible for us to go through the gate simultaneously.

Active Spells:
Benediction (@MetaVoid Rockthorn): 58minutes and 7 rounds
Protection From Fire (@Tellerian Hawke Big Tim): 7 Minutes+8 rounds -protects from 96 points of fire damage
Invisibility Purge 7 minutes and 9
Sanctuary: 8 rounds

To Do:
OOC and OOC
-Speak to Oppia Nazaria

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos considers what they found last time they were here. No traps, one golem. While the opponents had some time, he didn't think it was enough to set elaborate labyrinth of dangers for the unwary.
He decides, after some vacillation, that those that went in first are protected enough for the moment.

"I would save my protection spell for the time we know we need it. Vitus and I can wait back when the doors open. And Spritewing of course. That said, if you think I should cast, say so, we don't want to waste more time in discussion. Simple 'cast it' will suffice."

He gets ready, taking out his dagger in one hand and the wand in another.

Remove ads