• COMING SOON! -- Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition! Level up your 5E game! The standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love!
log in or register to remove this ad

 

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Aust Thale:
Custodio's spell makes it easier for Falen to target the mimic. The half-hobgoblin fires two shots into the body of the mimic. Yet, the aberration refuses to let go of the ex-commander.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
C8467BEA-6F3E-4887-8C9E-DDE69A15CFB4.jpeg
 



ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Vinny is supercharged by the magic he has cast and gives this doppelganger his full attention.

ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 + 8 → 22(14 + 8) Stabitty-stab!
ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 + 8 → 26(18 + 8) Stabbity-stab [posible crit]
ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 + 8 → 11(3 + 8) not a crit
ScottDeWar,Jr: D6 + 3 → 6(3 + 3) first attack
ScottDeWar,Jr: D6 + 3 → 6(3 + 3) second attack

his hand move quickly and makes two connections on the body of the human wannabe, the second would have been a dire hit, but he missed the vital organs on the dopplelganger.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vinny is supercharged by the magic he has cast and gives this doppelganger his full attention.

ooc: ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 + 8 → 22(14 + 8) Stabitty-stab!
ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 + 8 → 26(18 + 8) Stabbity-stab [posible crit]
ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 + 8 → 11(3 + 8) not a crit
ScottDeWar,Jr: D6 + 3 → 6(3 + 3) first attack
ScottDeWar,Jr: D6 + 3 → 6(3 + 3) second attack

his hand move quickly and makes two connections on the body of the human wannabe, the second would have been a dire hit, but he missed the vital organs on the dopplelganger.
The Sectarian Guard's first stab with his rapier is blocked by the doppelganger own blade, but Vinccenzo manages to get his second strike through not-Charvin's defenses and pierces the shapechanger's torso.

OOC: The first attack is a miss.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: Whoops, I forgot Silagord.

Silagord is glad to see the fire demon fall. He risks moving into the room but before he orders Thare to "stay." The cat mews at him but doesn't follow the young tower wizard into the room. He moves to stand next to Tim and Custodio, and he aims his wand at the mimic once more. He speaks the command word and another bolt of force streaks out to slam, unerringly, into the mimic.

The mimic is oozing ichor all over the floor and it looks liek the fight might be going out of it. "No more," it hisses. "I will surrender to you if you show mercy," It stops trying to crush Lowenan but doesn't let the man go. "I'm just so hungry."

 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The mimic is oozing ichor all over the floor and it looks liek the fight might be going out of it. "No more," it hisses. "I will surrender to you if you show mercy," It stops trying to crush Lowenan but doesn't let the man go. "I'm just so hungry."

"There is that doppelganger to feed on, mimic! And dead demon if you like spicy? Maybe you could break the circle of the genie? But don't eat her, just help us and we will talk."

With that last one, loremaster is careful to be turned enough side-ways that DMK cannot read his lips.

OOC: Bluff +16, Diplomacy +24 depending...Akos is not the one deciding the fate of the mimic so he is at least partially deceptive. But he WOULD prefer to talk to the mimic - who knows what a creature knows and it can be bribed with food that doesn't have to be humanoid.
 
Last edited:



Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"There is that doppelganger to feed on, mimic! And dead demon if you like spicy? Maybe you could break the circle of the genie? But don't eat her, just help us and we will talk."

With that last one, loremaster is careful to be turned enough side-ways that DMK cannot read his lips.

OOC: Bluff +16, Diplomacy +24 depending...Akos is not the one deciding the fate of the mimic so he is at least partially deceptive. But he WOULD prefer to talk to the mimic - who knows what a creature knows and it can be bribed with food that doesn't have to be humanoid.
Tuck is about to put two more arrows into the mimic when the aberration begins talking... pleading for its life. Then Akos makes his offer to the creature.

Tuck decides to let Akos handle the negotiations and moves into the room, past Falen and Tim, so he can get a clear shot at the doppelganger with his crossbow. He reloads and fires but his timing is off and the bolt skids along the floor of the room.

The doppelganger tries to use the mimic's distress as a distraction to tumble away from Breva and Vinny, but it fails to take into account some of the castoff stickiness from the mimic from the aberration's wounds. Breva and Vinccenzo take full advantage of the doppelganger's mishap. The doppelganger then moves to the magic circle and points its blade at the portal and looks at the heroes.

"I will kill her if you do not sssurrender," it hisses. "Yesss, he might kill me, but will he blame you?"

OOC:
Tuck - Light Crossbow (with bless) vs. doppelganger: 1D20+14 = [3]+14 = 17
1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7
(miss)

Charvin the False - DC 17 Tumble check at half speed: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12 (failed)

@ScottDeWar_jr and @Scotley:
Since the doppelganger failed his check, both Vinny and Breva get AoOs vs. the doppelganger as it tumbles away. Assuming it survives, it moves to the other side of the portal next to the mimic.
 


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The mimic grimaces and hisses at the Loremaster. "You lie! You won't let me eat anyone!"

The mimic tightens its grip on Lowenan. "I will kill him!"

"Go ahead," Custodio says. "He is a traitor and you will be saving the city a trial."
 



Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
He then turns to the fallen noblewoman beside him and lays on hands to heal her of some of her wounds.

OOC: Lay on hands for 10 points.
The healing magic flows into Lady Arnona and the worst of her wounds close. She inhales sharply and then her eyes open. She looks up a Breva and says, "Thank you." She shakes her head. "I can't believe he did that. Why? We've known each other for years."
 


Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Big Tim makes his way to where the Doppleganger is, a stern look on his face. He looks very non-plussed by the creature's threats.

Big Tim says, "You must be young for your kind; I granted Mani mercy, not once, not twice, but three separate times, because he was able to convince me each time that he was not completely soulless, not completely lost to evil. That's the only reason he's not rotting in the ground as we speak. But lucky for me, you lack such experience with subtlety. The last thing you shall see is the Mimic's jaws cleaving you into raw hamburger!"

Tim takes a single swing, striking precisely where he intended, seriously wounding the Doppleganger, showing him the seriousness of his conviction.

6BC17B9E-359F-44C4-9311-87D608E76A63.jpeg


Tim hits AC 26 for 12 pts. damage.
 

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
"Oh no you don't" exclaims the Sectarin Guard as the shapeshifter tries to trick himself away

ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 + 8#aoo → 17(9 + 8) miss

"Rats! Foiled!" , then he realizes where the Doppelganger stands, a not so very mirthful smile wells in his mind," Oh great mimic, we do not lie, behold, your meal has moved right next to you!"

ooc: not bluffing , just talking.. .. .. and hoping.
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Oh no you don't" exclaims the Sectarin Guard as the shapeshifter tries to trick himself away

ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 + 8#aoo → 17(9 + 8) miss

"Rats! Foiled!" , then he realizes where the Doppelganger stands, a not so very mirthful smile wells in his mind," Oh great mimic, we do not lie, behold, your meal has moved right next to you!"

ooc: not bluffing , just talking.. .. .. and hoping.
The doppelganger hisses at Vinccenzo after it comes up from its clumsy tumbling.

The mimic looks at the doppelganger but it seems more afraid of the proximity of the other shapechanger's blade more than Vinccenzo and the rest of the group.

Big Tim makes his way to where the Doppleganger is, a stern look on his face. He looks very non-plussed by the creature's threats.

Big Tim says, "You must be young for your kind; I granted Mani mercy, not once, not twice, but three separate times, because he was able to convince me each time that he was not completely soulless, not completely lost to evil. That's the only reason he's not rotting in the ground as we speak. But lucky for me, you lack such experience with subtlety. The last thing you shall see is the Mimic's jaws cleaving you into raw hamburger!"

Tim takes a single swing, striking precisely where he intended, seriously wounding the Doppleganger, showing him the seriousness of his conviction.

View attachment 143477

Tim hits AC 26 for 12 pts. damage.
OOC: Yes, it is a hit.

"Charvin' tries to avoid the blow but he seems more intent on making sure he can strike out at the portal with his blade. The Deaf-Mute Knight reacts strongly to Tim swinging his blade so close to the portal and the magic circle. He signs to Akos.

"Tell him to be careful! He must not break the circle. Doing so could kill her."
OOC: End of Round Four!
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top