log in or register to remove this ad

 

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Arnona looks at Custodio as if she wants to say something to object to the Vanquisher's desire to shackle Lowenan while there is still the treat of the doppelganger, but she thinks better of it. Instead she moves across the room to check on Rhilaseth. She asks him if he needs help and he shakes his head.

"I have another potion," he offers.

She shakes her head. "Save it for the commander," she replies. "Hopefully," she pauses to look back at Custodio. "He will let us give it to Lowenan once that blasted thing falls."

Breva responds to the knight with a bow.
Akos quickly signs to the knight "Kill the doppelganger. I heal."
Calling on the powers from fey realms, golden green transparent book flies from his hand into the portal. It seems planar energy doesn't travel well between the worlds. Beyond the portal, a much smaller and fuzzier book appears impacting the genie. The wounds close infinitesimally more.
The knight bobs his head slightly to Breva and then makes note of Akos plea. He steps in between the altar and the column while ducking under the edge of the portal floating above his head. He shifts his blade in his hand and strikes out with the flat of the blade three times at the doppelganger.

His first swing smacks the doppelganger in the chest, which seems to knock the wind out of the shapechanger. His next two swings are less precise as he is still unwilling to risk hurting the genie in any way.


Neurotic said:
OOC: bad heal roll :)
I am travelling to Bank "olympics" - I will be mostly or fully offline from 22nd to 26th (Wed - Sun).
OOC: Okay, thanks for let us know. :)
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Aust Thale: (Falen)

Falen watches as Breva and the DMK move into his line of fire. He's unlikely to hit the creature through so many bodies and he doesn't want to risk hitting the portal. He moves into the room and finds a spot next to Tuck. He takes aim at the doppelganger and is careful to not hit anyone... or anything else.

He loosens the arrow and it flies through the air and embeds into the doppelganger's shoulder. Already winded, the doppelganger shudders and shifts out of the form of Charvin before falling on its face in front of the DMK. The knight looks back towards Falen and Tuck with a raised eyebrow. He seems impressed with Falen's precision.

Falen is shocked he hit the creature and nearly loses his grip on the bow while shouldering it.

"Is it dead?" Silagord asks. He whistles softly and Thare mews in the corridor before entering the room, making her way to her master. The young tower wizard puts his wand away and scoops up the cat.

 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I doubt it is dead, the knight hit it with a blade turned sideways." Akos offers, but doesn't check for life signs of the doppelganger
"You should tie it down, just in case. Remember Mani."
He is already focused on the being within the circle and the circle itself.
"Lowenan, you are defeated. Can you help us free the genie?"
He signs to the knight
"I wake her."
Before reaching inside the portal with the same rejuvenating power he used on Sylamis.

OOC: Vernal Touch: removes dazed, nauseated, fatigued and exhausted from the living;
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim says, "Do we really need another burden? This THING is not a man, and does not follow the laws of men. The only time that a fiend such as this will follow the law is when it thinks doing so will give it some sort of advantage. I think we should kill it NOW, and be done with it. It DID attempt to murder Arnona, as well as a helpless Djinn in our presence. And the Djinni are a well-respected race, revered for their wisdom, at least where I am from. Of course, I won't act without consent. But this fiend is irredeemable in my eyes. In my opinion, the sooner it's dead, the better."
 
Last edited:


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tuck rushes forward, his crossbow at the ready, to check on the fallen doppelganger. He kicks it in the side, and when it doesn't react, reaches for a pulse.

"It's dead," he confirms.

Tuck tries to determine if the creature is still alive but its physiology is strange. In its natural form it doesn't seem to have a mouth. He tries to see if there is breath passing in and out of the nose, but he can't determine if it is still alive. It seems like it is dead but it could just be unconscious.

"I doubt it is dead, the knight hit it with a blade turned sideways." Akos offers, but doesn't check for life signs of the doppelganger
"You should tie it down, just in case. Remember Mani."
"Yes," Custodio says. "We need to hogtie it and make sure it can't try to trick us."

Neurotic said:
He is already focused on the being within the circle and the circle itself.
"Lowenan, you are defeated. Can you help us free the genie?"
The ex-commander sighs as the mimic's sticky fluid finally releases him from the mimic's death grip. Custodio quickly manacles the man and relieves him of his spell component pouch and weapons before Lowenan can get to his feet. The Vanquisher cleric pulls the man to his feet. "Do not resist."

"You don't give me much of choice," Lowenan replies. He looks to the Deaf-Mute Knight in hopes the young knight will come to his aid. The knight glares at him at shakes his head. He turns away to check on the genie.

"He's not you thrall anymore, sorcerer," Custodio snaps. "Now answer the Loremaster's question."

"As far as know, the only way to free her is to dispel the spells imprisoning her. Both spells have been holding her longer than the knight has been here protecting her. He told me he's been here for months, but I don't think he realizes it has been longer. A lot longer." He pauses. "Haven't you noticed? Time flows differently here. A second here is equal to a minute in Bluffside. While in this part of the labyrinth, there is no need for food or drink, but when you leave, you will become ravenous if you haven't eaten."

He motions towards the genie with his shackled hands. "She has been here a very long time. The magic circle is a function of the room... or, at least, that's what Phelix believes. The circle was designed to bind a good creature. It can only be remove by dispelling the magic. The circle cannot be entered or exited any other way. Phelix wanted to claim her magical items but could not find a way to get through without removing the magic, which he has refused to do." He looks at Akos. "That's not the only spell trapping her. She is bound with a temporal stasis spell cast by someone very powerful. Powerful beyond my mentor's abilities. He thinks she's been bound in this room for hundreds of Bluffside's years, maybe even longer."

"So she is someone else's prisoner," Custodio says. "And Waldo just moved in and took the place over without thinking that he might upset someone more powerful than him."

"There is no evidence that the... being who imprisoned her has ever returned here. Phelix refused to just ignore this room. No one who seeks knowledge or power would ever turn their backs on the history that is embedded into every wall of this room."

"Powerful beings that can trap a genie don't think like mortals!" He shakes the ex-commander violently. "He risks all of Bluffside with his madness!"

"If I am your prisoner, you must not mishandle me d'Elite," Lowenan snaps. "I may have broken my oath, but you must still follow the law!"

"Please do not hurt him!" Arnona pleads.

"You do not get a vote here, Lady Arnona!" Custodio turns to look at her. "Be glad you and the tower wizard agreed to come with us before the gnome's betrayal, or I'd bind and gag both of you as well." The young Vanquisher looks down at the floor and then begrudgingly releases Lowenan. "But... he is right. I have taken an oath and I must follow the laws of Bluffside." He steps away from the ex-commander and crosses his arms. He glares at Lowenan. "I will trust in those laws to deal with you appropriately."

Neurotic said:
He signs to the knight
"I wake her."
Before reaching inside the portal with the same rejuvenating power he used on Sylamis.

OOC: Vernal Touch: removes dazed, nauseated, fatigued and exhausted from the living;
The energy easily flows from the portal to the magic circles as Akos hand rests firmly on the portal. Whatever ailments once afflicted the genie are purged from her form but she remains trapped in the magic circle and remains frozen in time. It is as Lowenan says... the female djinni is held in place by a temporal stasis spell. If a powerful being trapped her, the spell will be very difficult to dispel.

The DMK looks on hopefully.

Tim says, "Do we really need another burden? This THING is not a man, and does not follow the laws of men. The only time that a fiend such as this will follow the law is when it thinks doing so will give it some sort of advantage. I think we should kill it NOW, and be done with it. It DID attempt to murder Arnona, as well as a helpless Djinn in our presence. And the Djinni are a well-respected race, revered for their wisdom, at least where I am from. Of course, I won't act without consent. But this fiend is irredeemable in my eyes. In my opinion, the sooner it's dead, the better."
"The law is not a burden, and if it had died in battle, we wouldn't have to worry about it," Custodio replies. "If we choose to be his executioner, we will need to justify it to the Lord Commander." The Elite guard pauses. "It would be a risk to have two doppelgangers imprisoned in the tower at the same time. While they would be kept apart, it could become a burden on the Guardians."

"I know you don't want my vote," Lowenan says. "But I would like to know what happened to the real Charvin."

"If this one has taken his form, then your man is probably dead."

"Yes, but when? Where? There was no hint of betrayal that we detected from him," Arnona points to the doppelganger. "The shapechanger couldn't have been with us for very long. We would have known."

Without so much as a blink, Vinny slices into the brain pan of the helpless doppelganger with his rapier and swishes it about for extra measure.

ooc: coup de ta
"Wait!" Arnona pleads. "We need to find out..."

But it is over before the lady can finish her sentence.

"That's more brutal than I would have chosen," Custodio says. "But what's done is done. Vinccenzo is a member of the Sectarian Guard and magical matters are usually deferred to them. Are doppelgangers inherently magical?"

"I choose to surrender to you and Sir Tim, d'Elite," Lowenan says quickly after watching Vinccenzo dispatch the doppelganger without a second thought. He motions to Rhilaseth to do the same.

The other ex-guard nods. "Yes, I prefer to get a trial."

Silagord nods as well and moves next to Tim in hopes the big knight will seek justice through the Tribunal and not through the end of a blade.

"I highly disagree with what he has done," Lady Arnona says defiantly. "That is not the law!"

"I accept all of your surrenders and arrest you in the name of The Five and Regular's Code," Custodio says. He turns to Lady Arnona. "Since you did fight the creatures with us, you may gain some leniency from the Tribunal." He pauses and looks at Lowenan. "But there is no guarantee."

"I guarantee they will behead me before the week is over," the ex-commander replies.

"Probably... but if someone is willing to speak up for you then maybe you might only get a life sentence in the Dungeon." Custodio looks at Akos. "Can you free her? If time flows differently here, we shouldn't stay too long."

"There is another to free as well," Lowenan says. "The statue in the corner over there is a petrified wizard. I don't know who he is but Phelix placed him here after discovering the labyrinth. He may have been my mentor's rival."
 
Last edited:




Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Loremaster circles around the portal looking for a way to use the permeability of the portal for energy to try and get the genie out without affecting the circle, but he cannot see anything of value.

"If we're going to do something, we need to do it fast. And if we leave it must be clear we will have much harder time returning. I cannot see any way to get her out without more powerful magic. Therefore we will have to trust in The Five and their abilities. Lets return and report. Tim, Breva, can you carry the wizard statue? Or...maybe someone has Floating disc prepared? The alternative is to continue onward through the portal - but we don't know what awaits us there and we have victims..." he emphasizes the last word "... of the sorcerer wiles to return."

Planar lore for portal opening / genie saving: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13

EDIT: I've just read about the flower so Arcana +13 or Planar +11
Zunsun flower: 1D20 = [3] = 3 ...and the curse continues
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"The statue by the rubble on the ground?" Vinny asks gesturing to the southeast corner.
"Yes, but I don't know if the man is still alive," Lowenan replies to Vinccenzo. "There are parts chipped and broken off. Nothing that was purposefully done to the man. Just time and bad luck."

Tuck moves over to the petrified wizard, checking the various features for something he might recognize.

OOC: I'm not sure if that would be a Search check or some sort of Knowledge check, so I'll just roll a d20 and the DM can add whatever appropriate modifiers: 1D20 = [14] = 14
The petrified wizard is indeed in bad shape. There are dozens of chips broken out of the man and his little finger on his left hand is broken off completely. A few of the chips are located along the petrified folds of the man's robes but the rest on on his face and arms. There is a petrified wound cut into the man's chest that was obviously inflicted moments before the wizard was turned to stone. If he is returned to flesh, he will need healing right away, if he doesn't die from the shock.

Tuck has never seen the man before but it is hard to tell with his face and beard full of chips and a deep gash that looks like it was also made before the wizard was petrified. The wounds weren't made by a blade but by claws. More than likely the wizard was turned to stone by a creature and not by magic. His clothes are a bit out of date and not of the style of Bluffside. The out-of-date clothing looks like the wizard could be from one of the southern cities along the Ishamarkan Coast... Banbridge, perhaps, or maybe the City of the Sail, Orra. The man could have been in this state for decades maybe even longer.

OOC: Making it a Knowledge (local) check, so a total of 22.

Vinny joins Tuck to do likewise, as he is associated as he is with the wizard's guild.
ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 → 1515

OOC: if it is Know. Local, I am at +4
Vinny tries to see if he can figure out who the wizard is, and if he is a resident of the Wizard District. The man doesn't look like a local wizard and Vinny doesn't recognize his features. His clothes are not of any style that a wizard from Bluffside would ever wear, well, at least not in this century. If the petrified man is/was Waldo's rival, then the Renegade Alienist could be a lot older than is known.

The Sectarian Guard knows that adventuring wizards go missing, a lot. The man looks like he was in a fight and Tuck confirms it with him, so he was probably an adventurer. His petrified form is really bad shape and with one finger broken off and deep chips in his arms, it isn't a given that the man will ever be able to cast spells again without it being incredibly painful. Luckily, there aren't any chips in his head, although one ear is cracked in half.

Some would say it would be better to put him out of his misery.

However, Vinny knows that a skilled wizard with knowledge of stone carving might be able to bring the man back in better shape physically and mentally with the proper spells. (He's seen it done before as part of his training at the Academy. It was done by a visiting elvish wizard all the way from Kosentindor.) It would be risky to do so otherwise. The wizard might not survive the transition.

OOC: Total of 19.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim says, "I can't say that I will shed any tears over the dead fiend here, but I was really talking more about a proper tribunal / proper hanging in the town square of New City. I just didn't want to put this cretin into prison, where he would have the opportunity to escape. But no matter, as the Sectarian Guard, you have the power to mete justice as you see fit, my friend. I'll follow your lead.

I don't think we should move the statue, at least without magical means, or magical protections cast upon the statue itself. If every little chip in the statue is a minor wound, then he is covered in them by now, judging by the rubble pile. Moving him manually would almost certainly damage him further. Is there any sort of magical mark that could be placed upon this statue, that would allow another wizard to use more powerful, magical means of getting him out?

One thing I'd like to point out: if time passes differently here, more quickly, then the statue is likely to deteriorate at an increased pace. If we do need to take him with us, is there any magical means to carry him? Can anyone shrink the statue to a more manageable size?"
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Loremaster circles around the portal looking for a way to use the permeability of the portal for energy to try and get the genie out without affecting the circle, but he cannot see anything of value.

"If we're going to do something, we need to do it fast. And if we leave it must be clear we will have much harder time returning. I cannot see any way to get her out without more powerful magic. Therefore we will have to trust in The Five and their abilities. Lets return and report. Tim, Breva, can you carry the wizard statue? Or...maybe someone has Floating disc prepared? The alternative is to continue onward through the portal - but we don't know what awaits us there and we have victims..." he emphasizes the last word "... of the sorcerer wiles to return."

Planar lore for portal opening / genie saving: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13

EDIT: I've just read about the flower so Arcana +13 or Planar +11
Zunsun flower: 1D20 = [3] = 3 ...and the curse continues
Once Custodio has freed Lowenan completely from the goo of the mimic, the ex-commander reminds Akos. "The portal is one-way from the other side, Loremaster," he says. "As far as I know, the restriction cannot be circumvented." He motions to the DMK. "He's been here for a long time and has some working knowledge of how the portal interacts with the altar, but he's not an arcanist and has never been able to explain how he does it." Lowenan pauses. "It's almost like he's become attuned to this place somehow. I'd have him show you, but he'll never trust me again."

Lowenan motions for Custodio to lead him over to the altar. The Elite guard balks momentarily but then relents. The two of them move to the altar and the ex-commander waves Akos over.

"The markings are quite ancient and these hieroglyphs are not of a language I understand. Even Phelix doesn't know it... or if he does, he's never admitted it." Lowenan tries to get the DMK to come over to the altar but the knight ignores him and keeps his focus on the trapped djinni. "I don't know how he does it, but he can cause the portal to shift to other places in the cosmos. It's like its become innate to him." He shakes his head. "I've tried to do it and so has my men-, Phelix. Neither of us have been able to do anything other than get a splitting headache." He looks at the knight again and then Akos. "When he uses the altar, it hurts him. While the damage isn't permanent, it is very painful."

"I've never seen anything like this in my life," Custodio adds. "I've spent some time viewing the artifacts on display in the museum of Sem La Vah and there isn't anything similar there. Larrel Wynthyra would feel like he's died and gone to Celestia if he was here right now."

"Yes, the curator might know how to interpret this, but if the Wizard Council gets here first, they might not let that cagey old elf anywhere near this place," Lowenan says. He looks at Akos again. "If you're going to tell The Five about this place, may I suggest you start with Lady Pomander. She has some wizardly talent even though she keeps her skills private. While i don't agree with her politics, I know she wishes the best for Bluffside."

Akos listens to Lowenan's words with a lot of doubt. The man obviously wants to save himself from the headman's axe, but there could be some truth in what he is trying to sell. Akos knows that his chances of successfully dispelling the spells trapping the genie aren't great. Any being strong enough to trap a djinni would be a dangerous foe and dispelling the magic will take a lot of skill and preparation... or a lot of luck.

The portal key, the zunsum, could be used as a catalyst to help undo the magic trapping the genie. It would enhance Akos own abilities by as much as half, which would allow him to dispel one or both of the spells. The Loremaster knows that dispelling one spell won't free the genie. Both will have to be dispelled for her to be freed. Looking over the altar, Akos doesn't recognize the hieroglyphs either, although they could be related to the hieroglyphs of Khemit in the continent's Southwest.

The Lormaster thinks he might recognize one unique symbol on the altar that could relate to an isolated city-state in that region known as Hollowfaust. It is the symbol for necromantic magic, and it is one of many on the altar related to arcana, portals, the ethereal, the Shadowstar Sea, and the outer planes. Most of the symbols are etched into the altar using dwarven, elven, or Ticin runes. He doesn't see any symbols on the altar related to the Far Realm.

Akos thinks the altar might be a guide used for planar travel but it's not a simply thing to decipher without studying the entire room in great detail. And with temporal effect in place, it could end up costing a person a lot of time away from Bluffside. Could the room be on another plane entirely? If so, where exactly did the crossing of the planar boundary occur?
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As an afterthought, Tim addresses Lowenan and Rhilaseth, "I am a guest here; I sometimes have opinions about how things should run / how best to serve justice, but I have no real authority. I should have been more clear when I mentioned that I'd feel better when this thing was dead; it seems my intent was taken literally, and with extreme prejudice. I can't help that; my friend Vinny keeps his own counsel, and he DOES have official authority in such matters. But I can promise you this: I myself will help to ensure that the two of you make it to a trial. You are men, not monsters, and deserve to be treated as such. I am a man of honor, but I am not perfect, and speaking for my opinion only, creatures such as this do not deserve the benefit of the law, given how often they disregard it, twist it, and corrupt it for their own ends. These fiends think of us as cattle; we would be wise to think of them the same way. In your case however, I do believe in you getting your respective trials, although I must be honest, I doubt that either of you will like the outcome, given how clear the law is in your given circumstances."
 

Scotley

Hero
Breva watches the proceedings with interest, but little knowledge of the complex magics diecusse.d. He does reach into his pouch and pull out some rations. The comment about food did at least make sense. "Given how quickly you say time is passing, I suggest we exit soon. We don't know what events may be taking place in the wider city in our absence. There was much happening when we entered this place. "
 

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Vinny continues to examine the area around the petrified wizard.

OOC: there is a wooden object next to the statue, what is it?
the thing with the black eliptical shape on it.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Following Breva's lead, Tim pulls two days worth of rations from his pack, and begins to wolf them down, along with two, long draughts from his waterskin.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
As an afterthought, Tim addresses Lowenan and Rhilaseth, "I am a guest here; I sometimes have opinions about how things should run / how best to serve justice, but I have no real authority. I should have been more clear when I mentioned that I'd feel better when this thing was dead; it seems my intent was taken literally, and with extreme prejudice. I can't help that; my friend Vinny keeps his own counsel, and he DOES have official authority in such matters. But I can promise you this: I myself will help to ensure that the two of you make it to a trial. You are men, not monsters, and deserve to be treated as such. I am a man of honor, but I am not perfect, and speaking for my opinion only, creatures such as this do not deserve the benefit of the law, given how often they disregard it, twist it, and corrupt it for their own ends. These fiends think of us as cattle; we would be wise to think of them the same way. In your case however, I do believe in you getting your respective trials, although I must be honest, I doubt that either of you will like the outcome, given how clear the law is in your given circumstances."
"We had heard through Phelix's spies that the Lord Commander had made you and the others temporary members of the Bluffside Regulars," Lowenan replies.

"He did," Custodio says. "However, while I am their liaison and have final authority when it comes to matters of the general law's of the city." He looks a Vinccenzo. "It is Vinny who decides when it comes to the breaking of magical laws."

Breva watches the proceedings with interest, but little knowledge of the complex magics diecusse.d. He does reach into his pouch and pull out some rations. The comment about food did at least make sense. "Given how quickly you say time is passing, I suggest we exit soon. We don't know what events may be taking place in the wider city in our absence. There was much happening when we entered this place. "
Custodio looks at ex-commander. "Is that what this was all about? Did Waldo lure us down here, so he can have more time to cause problems in Old City?"

Lowenan holds up his shackled hands, worried that the Vanquisher cleric might hurt him again. "Only partially," he replies. "I truly believe... believed that my mentor wished to make peace with you, if not the city itself, but now... now I am not sure. Musummaar's have me doubting everything that I was told." He puts down his hands in front of him. "It seems I'm as important to my mentor as I thought I was. He could come for me and the others by now."

"You should tell them about the enclave's temporal effect too," Lady Arnona suggests to Lowenan. "It will help our cause."

The ex-commander nods. "The enclave is like this place but the temporal shift there is more pronounced and is the opposite of this labyrinth. One hour of time in Bluffside is equal to one day in the enclave, and it is more stable that this place. There is no effect on the need for food or water on the other demiplane. Whoever built this place was trying to duplicate the conditions in the Ancients' demiplane, but they got it wrong or weren't trying to match the conditions there exactly."

Following Breva's lead, Tim pulls two days worth of rations from his pack, and begins to wolf them down, along with two, long draughts from his waterskin.
Tim listens as Lowenan continues to tell them about the enclave.

"You already have the portal key, the crystalline flower, that will get you through the other portal located along the wall connecting Old City to the Gardens. It will open the portal and allow you to enter the demiplane but once on the other side, it will turn to dust and you will not be able to use it to get back." He looks at Akos. "Phelix knows you've been trying to decipher the correct phrase that will keep the portal open longer, but no matter what you say, it will close after you go through. You might be able to keep it open for roughly 30 minutes of time in Old City, which would give you 12 hours in the enclave before it closes. No longer than that."

"To get back, you will need one of the portal keys that Phelix had made. You told me the portal keys look like keys, correct?" She asks Lowenan

"Yes, he had them made by an artificer who lives in a place called the City of Doors," Lowenan adds. "I don't know his name, however." He sighs. "He never gave me one. I should have realized I wasn't important enough to him. Kelik has one. That, I'm sure of. He is the guildmaster of the Brelish Thieves' Guild that operates out of shop known as The Crossed Candles. The people of Old City know him as Barclay Winton. If you go after him, he will try to hide behind the law's of the city. Do not underestimate him or his popularity with the nobles in his guise as Barclay."

"Would she have one as well?" Rhilaseth notes. "The woman who owns the eatery and took a shine to Silagord the last time we were there?"

"Sabela isn't a true Loyalist, Rhilaseth," Lowenan replies. "I doubt Phelix would have trusted her with one of the portal keys."

"That's not a name I recognize," Custodio says. "The doppelganger, the other one, Mani, told us about Barclay, but I didn't really believe him."

"That crazy killer infiltrated Kelik's guild once. It wasn't discovered right away but Phelix has been hunting for this 'Manifest' ever since. That what the gnome's doppelgangers called him." He pauses. "He might be crazy, but he was telling you the truth. And, Sabela is Sabela Abreu. She is the owner of the Delicate Delight Eatery. She often feuds with the man who runs the Golden Lantern."

"Master Rosenberg," Custodio asks. "Is that why there was a trap put in his inn?"

"Yes, it wasn't meant for you," the ex-commander replies. "It was put there to cause problems for the man and his business."

Vinny continues to examine the area around the petrified wizard.

OOC: there is a wooden object next to the statue, what is it?
the thing with the black eliptical shape on it.
Vinccenzo inspects the floor around the petrified wizard to see if there are any pieces of the wizard in the rubble pile or anything else that could be useful. He finds several discarded small chips that could be put back in place on his arms but none for the petrified wizard's face or his missing finger. He also finds a tarnished ring in the pile of rubble and he disturbs a tiny mouse that skitters away along the wall.

He then looks at what looks like an enclosed wooden bench. A large stone is placed over a hole in the center of the bench. When the Sectarian Guard moves it, the bench's purpose becomes all to clear as the smell of poo wafts up to his nose. Its a privy. Vinny quickly replaces the stone over the smelly hole and looks for something to wipe his hands on.

OOC: Okay, now we're into another Search check. Vinny would be searching three 5-ft. squares around the statue. I didn't include the squares that contain the old metal barrels. If you want to search all those barrels too, it will add three more 5-ft. squares.

 


Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top