Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Scotley

Hero

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Falen:
His ears turning a peculiar reddish purple, almost black with battle anger, he hacks again at the this creature.
His frustration showing, he misses badly (10).. He begins cursing at the beast, mixing up languages in withering fashion, using all sorts of foul epithets in Goblin, Orcish (which sounds downright hideous), Dwarvish, Gnome (which sounds comical), Ticin, Sprache (whose epithets sound more crisp than most others), Cliffspeak, Aegean (a language for sailors, and thus, wholly appropriate for cursing), and finally, in a fit of bile and vitriol, a sliver of the Old Tongue, purely by accident and of which he immediately regrets and hopes nobody among his newly met combatants notices. The epithet is specific, addressing the creature as the closest thing he can recall with his knowledge of such things. He fleetingly hopes it will do some good, but he knows better. Golems don't feel, so it has no reason to be insulted.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
ooc: power attacks and damages: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
2D6+10 = [5, 5]+10 = 20
1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2
2D6+10 = [5, 6]+10 = 21

"If Tim and do it so can I," Breva thinks to himself. He spits into his palm, adjusts his grip on his greatsword and tries again. His first stroke is well aimed and bites deep into the gargoyle flesh. In his excitement his follow on swing is wild, off target and downright dangerous to friend rather than foe. He grimaces and offers up a prayer to his God for the sin of pride.
The blow nearly splits the gargoyle golem in half and breaks the vial of acid in the process. The second strike glances off the construct's manufactured wing, which causes Breva to lose his grip on his sword. It flies out of his hand and embeds itself into the corner pillar.

Quixt:
His ears turning a peculiar reddish purple, almost black with battle anger, he hacks again at the this creature.
His frustration showing, he misses badly (10).. He begins cursing at the beast, mixing up languages in withering fashion, using all sorts of foul epithets in Goblin, Orcish (which sounds downright hideous), Dwarvish, Gnome (which sounds comical), Ticin, Sprache (whose epithets sound more crisp than most others), Cliffspeak, Aegean (a language for sailors, and thus, wholly appropriate for cursing), and finally, in a fit of bile and vitriol, a sliver of the Old Tongue, purely by accident and of which he immediately regrets and hopes nobody among his newly met combatants notices. The epithet is specific, addressing the creature as the closest thing he can recall with his knowledge of such things. He fleetingly hopes it will do some good, but he knows better. Golems don't feel, so it has no reason to be insulted.

The blow comes a moment after Breva's strike and Falen only finds open air.

As he curses at the golem, he doesn't realize at first that the golem is no longer moving. The magic holding it together fades and pieces of it fall off on to the floor as the acid eats through the construct. The unnatural light in its eyes goes out and it tips over and ceases.

Once Falen finally notices that the golem is destroyed, he knows for sure it was a special type of flesh golem. The remains of the construct make that clear. He knows they are lucky that there was only one and the other statue is just a statue. Flesh golems can often go berserk -- attacking at random.

"Well, that's the end of that," Custodio says. "Let's hope there aren't any more of those down here."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A Strange Light:
Tim watches the golem comes apart.

Then, he notices it... his higher vantage point makes it obvious. There is a strange light coming from down the hallway past the hidden trap that Tuck has found but wasn't able to bypass. He can see that there is opening where there wasn't an opening before. The light wasn't there before and it comes from inside whatever room or passageway lies beyond.

The light seems to swirl and is almost prismatic and shadows dance across the wall opposite the open doorway. On that wall is a door that looks like it is made of metal.

Beyond the light spilling from new opening is a stone staircase at the end of the long corridor.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Good job," Tuck says, impressed by Breva's strike most of all. The kobold looks him up and down for a moment, before looking down at the pieces of the broken golem.

He hesitates.

"It wouldn't harm to put the pieces back together again, right? To give the impression it is still guarding the hallway?"

The kobold waits for more knowledgable members of the company to confirm before even touching the defeated golem.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Hmm," Tuck sounds unconvinced and a little disappointed. However, he does move away from the golem to face the trap.

"I didn't get a chance to deactivate it. We can just move around it, though, but it might be difficult for some."

Without thinking about it, the kobold looks at Big Tim to estimate if the large warrior can step over the trapped plates.

"But I suppose disabling it will be better."

OOC: Can Tuck aid in the disabling? I have no points in Disable Device, but I do have Craft (trapmaking)...

Here's an unadapted d20 roll in case I can help:
Aiding: 1D20 = [15] = 15

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'll check this necklace while you're at it. Don't bother with putting it back, unless you have something like super-glue. Although if you can keep it upright somehow it could be deceptive at least at a first glance."
OOC: detect magic on the necklace and spellcraft
Spellcraft: 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Hmm," Tuck sounds unconvinced and a little disappointed. However, he does move away from the golem to face the trap.

"I didn't get a chance to deactivate it. We can just move around it, though, but it might be difficult for some."

Without thinking about it, the kobold looks at Big Tim to estimate if the large warrior can step over the trapped plates.

"But I suppose disabling it will be better."

OOC: Can Tuck aid in the disabling? I have no points in Disable Device, but I do have Craft (trapmaking)...

Here's an unadapted d20 roll in case I can help:
Aiding: 1D20 = [15] = 15
"I might be able to help," Castellana offers. "If you show me where it is, I can try to disable it." She pauses. "It has been a while since I've practiced disabling traps. The Regulars preferred I use my intellectual studies than my childhood past times."

OOC: Total for Craft (trapmaking) = 22; I'm going to say that can give a +2 circumstance bonus for trying to Disable the trap, but a roll of 1 on the Disable Device check would be bad. The person trying to disable the trap might spring it instead. It's like Tuck is helping to jury rig the trap.

"I'll check this necklace while you're at it. Don't bother with putting it back, unless you have something like super-glue. Although if you can keep it upright somehow it could be deceptive at least at a first glance."
OOC: detect magic on the necklace and spellcraft
Spellcraft: 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17
The strange necklace is obviously made from the bones of some large predator, a dire tiger perhaps. There is a savagery to the design with symbols on it that remind Akos of the god known as Vaprak. However, one symbol makes him think of a lesser trollish deity he's read about only once: Roxva.

Under Akos' spell, the necklace detects as Transmutation magic and its aura is faint. It would have likely enhanced the gargoyle golem's natural attacks or perhaps made it stronger.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim frowns at the necklace, "You don't have to be a priest to know that this necklace REEKS of evil. We should NOT leave it behind for our enemies to reclaim. We should wrap it carefully in a cloth, stick it in a bag, and later on, find a means to destroy it. What say you?"

Remove ads