Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Scotley

Hero
Breva quietly recovers his sword from the column and puts it away looking a little chagrined. "May I have a look at that necklace?" He says a small prayer for guidance and looks at it carefully. His eyes tuned by his divine connection to detect evil auras. "I should be able to see an evil aura if there is one," he offers as an explanation.

OOC: Detect Evil

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Breva quietly recovers his sword from the column and puts it away looking a little chagrined. "May I have a look at that necklace?" He says a small prayer for guidance and looks at it carefully. His eyes tuned by his divine connection to detect evil auras. "I should be able to see an evil aura if there is one," he offers as an explanation.

OOC: Detect Evil
Akos hands over the necklace to Breva and the young paladin quickly determines that there isn't any sort of evil aura on it. If the creator was evil, they left no taint of evil on the magical item. While it has an obvious savage ancestry, it isn't evil itself.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Aust Thale:
Once Falen recovers from his momentary tirade towards the golem, he goes with Tuck and Vinny to where they found the trap. Tuck shows him the outline of what is obviously a trap door. It looks like this trap has been sprung recently and reset as there is less dirt and dust in the area. There is also a visible scuff mark of something falling into the pit. Maybe the guards died in the pit.

No, it looks like it was probably a creature of some sort. If there are giant vermin loose down here, one of them might have stumbled into it. but, some had to reset it. Falen gets as close to the pit trap as he dares. He can tell the trap is only triggered if a substantial amount of weight moves across it, which is why Tuck's thrown pebble didn't set it off.

The half-hobgoblin notes some strange markings on the wall, which lead to the room's northwest corner column. There are markings on it that makes falen sure there is a disabling mechanism on the far side of the column. He has to reach around to the back of the column, carefully, to find a mechanism that feels like a stone lever embedded into the back of the column.

He holds his breath and turns the lever.

There is a large 'thunk' sound that resounds from underneath Tuck and Vinny's feet. The stone slab covering the trap sinks an inch and a metal panel slides across it and then locks into place with another loud 'thunk'.

Falen exhales and then grin at the others.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You shouldn't judge it by the looks alone, many tribes use bones as an art medium and many primitive religions use direct symbolism, such as these tiger teeth for enhancing strength of the attacks . It could be useful either for use in combat or as a sales item or even as a religious icon to some trolls."
Akos teaches

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim ponders a moment, before replying, "Well, if it's not evil, then I don't suppose we have to destroy it. But we should still take it with us; it should not be allowed to remain, where our enemies may make use of it again. I don't like the symbols on it; Troll deities don't exactly give me any warm and fuzzy feelings."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Only half listening to the conversation about troll necklaces, Tuck instead sighs in relief when Falen manages to seal the trap.

"Good work," he compliments his companion sincerely, before cautiously trying the metal plate that now covers the pit trap. Once he is sure it is safe, the kobold quickly moves forward.

"Come on," he urges his friend Mutt, the dog enthusiastically following him.

Scotley

Hero
Breva shrugs, "I never aspired to the title of 'Troll Friend', but perhaps that would be better than getting eaten." He moves forward across the trap with only a slight hesitation in the wake of the Kobold. "Nice work," he comments once safely across. Despite the humor in his voice he carries bare steel in his hands.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"You shouldn't judge it by the looks alone, many tribes use bones as an art medium and many primitive religions use direct symbolism, such as this tiger teeth for enhancing strength of the attacks . It could be useful either for use in combat or as a sales item or even as a religious icon to some trolls."
Akos teaches
Tim ponders a moment, before replying, "Well, if it's not evil, then I don't suppose we have to destroy it. But we should still take it with us; it should not be allowed to remain, where our enemies may make use of it again. I don't like the symbols on it; Troll deities don't exactly give me any warm and fuzzy feelings."
"Well, if we encounter trolls, maybe one of us can wear it, and maybe get on their good side!"
"I don't think trolls have a good side," Custodio says.

Only half listening to the conversation about troll necklaces, Tuck instead sighs in relief when Falen manages to seal the trap.

"Good work," he compliments his companion sincerely, before cautiously trying the metal plate that now covers the pit trap. Once he is sure it is safe, the kobold quickly moves forward.

"Come on," he urges his friend Mutt, the dog enthusiastically following him.
Tuck moves beyond the long room down the corridor towards the closed metal door and the open double doors. Mutt is soon walking next to him and sniffing at the ground. The kobold urban ranger can hear movement from beyond the open doorway and the sound of fire crackling. While he doesn't hear voices, there is definitely someone or something beyond the light.

Tuck moves as quietly as he can and Mutt takes his cue from his friend and packmate. Once within range of the light, the big dog's demeanor changes as he becomes tense and bares his teeth. He lets out a low growl.

The light emanating from the doorway isn't just firelight. Tuck's scales begin to itch again.

Breva shrugs, "I never aspired to the title of 'Troll Friend', but perhaps that would be better than getting eaten." He moves forward across the trap with only a slight hesitation in the wake of the Kobold. "Nice work," he comments once safely across. Despite the humor in his voice he carries bare steel in his hands.
Breva watches Tuck's back, but the young paladin is hardly quiet in the corridor. He 'clanks' in his armor as he moves down the corridor behind the kobold. Breva can see that the light coming from the open doorway is multicolored.

Tim nods in approval, "Yes, Tuck, good work, my fine friend."

Tim follows Breva, weapons ready.
Any chance at stealth disappears completely as Tim follows Breva and Tuck down the corridor. The big half-ogre's footfalls resound through the corridor. Custodio is the next to move beyond the disabled trap. He motions for the others to follow.

Just as Tuck gets within 15 feet of open doorway, a voice speaks.

"I think our guests have finally figured out how to get past the pit," a male voice says with a laugh and then he calls out "Come! Come! Don't be shy, champions of Bluffside. My mentor told me you'd be coming and you greet you warmly and with the respect you've earned. Come, sit, and hear my mentor's offer."

Mutt continues to growl.

Remove ads