Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
--- back in the camp ---
Maur distributed small tokens to the group
"This will enable me to heal you all at once, once during the day. Don't lose it and keep it on your person."

--- at the ruin ---
Maur looks at his handiwork with satisfaction of master craftsman. True, his expertise is armor...but his kind has affinity for stone and all its uses.
"It doesn't hurt to be prepared. Even if we don't fight. Angus, receive the spirit of the founder of the clan McKillan."
@tellarian hawke - for the next 9 hours, Angus can use immediate action to activate +2 morale bonus to attack, damage, Fort saves, and Str checks (including skills based on Str) for 1 minute after which the spell expires

"Shall we?" Maur sets his shield and steps forward hoping no one bothered to trap the ruinous entrance.
He holds the hammer in his hand, but fairly relaxed.
"Who will call out for our hosts?"

"Let me try."
Litrix takes a horn from his belt and motions with it.
"May I?"

OOC: Assuming no one stops him
Putting the sword away and raising the horn to the lips, he blows a long note and then bellows.
"Hello, the fort! Guests at the door! Treats not threats!"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth frowns at Litrix, annoyed at the direct approach he takes (or plans). If whoever lives here is hostile, any chance of sneaking by will be lost.

Instead the druid tries to recall which humanoids, or animals that can be trained to use a privvy, smell that bad. Hopefully he can come prepared...

OOC: If Caerth has smelt the privvy, perhaps he has some bonus on it, otherwise... roll to determine poop. :p

knowledge nature: 1D20+20 = [10]+20 = 30

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Litrix nods
"Some parts are relatively fresh and seem to be lived in. We shouldn't just blast our way inside, but try to see if some hermit lives here. Maybe a druid. Even a monstrous one, if peaceful, does not deserve home intrusion. I would try and contact...it?...the host...whatever or whoever that is."
"There is also another set of stone doors on the north side," Aureus adds. "The walls around those doors seemed to be in a bit better shape. I didn't check them for traps or try to open them, however."

--- at the ruin ---
Maur looks at his handiwork with satisfaction of master craftsman. True, his expertise is armor...but his kind has affinity for stone and all its uses.
"It doesn't hurt to be prepared. Even if we don't fight. Angus, receive the spirit of the founder of the clan McKillan."
@tellarian hawke - for the next 9 hours, Angus can use immediate action to activate +2 morale bonus to attack, damage, Fort saves, and Str checks (including skills based on Str) for 1 minute after which the spell expires
Angus nods in approval.

Neurotic said:
"Shall we?" Maur sets his shield and steps forward hoping no one bothered to trap the ruinous entrance.
He holds the hammer in his hand, but fairly relaxed.
"Who will call out for our hosts?"
"Let me try."
Litrix takes a horn from his belt and motions with it.
"May I?"

Putting the sword away and raising the horn to the lips, he blows a long note and then bellows.
"Hello, the fort! Guests at the door! Treats not threats!"
The note resounds through the air and across the high hill. In the distance, a flock of birds rises out of the cacti and begins to circle before descending once again to their perches.

Aureus cringes. She scans the horizon, notes the flock of birds, and looks for any obvious signs of danger. She looks back the way they came but doesn't see or hear anything out on the hill.

Caerth frowns at Litrix, annoyed at the direct approach he takes (or plans). If whoever lives here is hostile, any chance of sneaking by will be lost.
"That was a little more direct than I would have advised," Phar notes Aureus and Caerth's discomfort.

Just as Aureus is about to follow Maur inside, she freezes. She takes a step back several feet and looks up towards the roof of the building.

"There is something up there!" she shouts. "It's coming this way... fast!"

Phar and Quinn both take a step back away from the building.

JustinCase said:
Instead the druid tries to recall which humanoids, or animals that can be trained to use a privvy, smell that bad. Hopefully he can come prepared...

OOC: If Caerth has smelt the privvy, perhaps he has some bonus on it, otherwise... roll to determine poop. :p

knowledge nature: 1D20+20 = [10]+20 = 30
As Caerth is about to go to the other side of the building, Aureus shouts out her warning about danger that is on top of the structure's roof. He glances back and up and sees a Huge monstrous scorpion appear at the edge of the building's roof. It clacks its claws and fixes its eyes on Litrix who is standing just back from the doorway with the horn in his hand.

"That is one big ass scorpion!" Quinn notes as he draws Cruel Justice.

Maur, who had already stepped inside, can hear the creature on the roof above him. The stone ceiling is barely holding the creature's weight. If the dwarf champion hadn't stone shaped the entry, the beast would have likely broken through and been right on top of him.

"Maur! Get out of there!" Phar warns.

OOC: Roll for initiative.

OOC: I did say Assuming no one stops him don't complain OOC :p

Everyone gets:
+1 circumstance bonus to melee attack rolls
+6 circumstance bonus damage while flanking

AC: 28 Touch: 17 Flat: 26
HP: 85
DR 4/-

Litrix looks apologetically at the furore he caused by the horn.
"Well, we're in the middle of nowhere. We were talking about talking with the hosts."
So focused he was on the reaction of his companions he startles as the thing appears above him.

His own love of nature and balance causes him to hesitate for a bit, but this thing is monstrous and he overcomes it just quick enough to act before the monter.

Init: 1d20+2 = [5]+2 = 7
Will save: 1d20+16 = [13]+16 = 29

Move: away from the creature, just far enough to get it away from the wall (say 20' back, maybe 25?)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sorry for the slow responses, I am currently in Austin, attending the TLA 2023 conference. But I have been finding time between sessions to run errands. Today's errands include catching up on posts. 😎

Angus looks up, and snarls in anger. Drawing his sword, he positions himself (readying an action) to where if the critter jumps or climbs down, he'll be there, to give it a proper welcome at the end of his blade.

Litrix started to move away before realizing he would be exposing their wizard, bard and druid to the creature.
Instead he simply shifts to the right and awaits the creatures descent.

"This thing is just defending it's lair. If we don't need the ruin, don't kill it!"

Free: 5' step to the right (down on the map)
Move: ready the sword
Standard (ready): Attack vs Scorpion: 1d20+15 = [5]+15 = 20; 1d8+7 = [3]+7 = 10 - 1 of this damage is lightning

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Last edited:

Remove ads