D&D 5E L&L for 6/2

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I'm looking forward to the previews next week. Can't wait to see what the graphic design is like (and some more art!).

There's been a lot of "announcing an announcement" lately, heh.

(To those who think this article isn't saying anything significant, it is. Ask me in 3 years.)

LightPhoenix

First Post
Not really a new thought I'm sure, but the way he phrased the "sharing creations" part further implied to me it's not going to be OGL. At this point I'm thinking it'll be some sort of Steam Workshop-like thing where you can share creations for use by them on a (hopefully more curated than Steam) website.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Not really a new thought I'm sure, but the way he phrased the "sharing creations" part further implied to me it's not going to be OGL. At this point I'm thinking it'll be some sort of Steam Workshop-like thing where you can share creations for use by them on a (hopefully more curated than Steam) website.
That's my guess too. He calls it a "program," which sounds like the opposite of the OGL. OGL was a free-for-all. "Program" implies WotC will be in charge.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Looking forward to see previews of new materials and also to hear more about the new fan sharing/publishing program this fall!

delericho

Legend
There's been a lot of "announcing an announcement" lately, heh.

True. However, I'm okay with that. For a long, long time, I had an awful lot of questions that WotC just weren't answering. And in a lot of cases I didn't actually mind what the answers were, I just wanted to know.

But in the last month or so, they've provided answers to almost everything. (And, indeed, the answers were good ones!) So that's good.

I'm still interested to know what's going on with this "program", but at least we have an inkling as to the date, so that makes it easier to wait. And I'd very much like to know what they're planning for electronic support (both tools and the DDI, but also PDFs or the like). But it easier to wait with some solid information than with none. :)

Remove ads