• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Ximix

First Post
Erekose13 said:
. . .Please everyone, continue the battle. Without further input from corcio, Manon will continue to attack the undead.

Ximix will hold position, as he is most effective holding the surviving Desicator at bay (for however much longer that is?) He will continue, with Jalembo, to watch their back.

OOC: It's too noisy from combat to hear anything (a 6) however his Elven eyesight is as sharp as ever (a 23) rolls

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 4]

Jallembo holds his shot.

Garrit circles back around the coffins and climbs up into the one closest to the wall. Standing above the small undead creature he brings his sword down on it, flaking salt on the ground beneath it.

Manon (NPC'd) steps out of the coffin he is in and attacks but misses.

Ximix holds position. From his vantage point he thinks that the room down the corridor looks like a series of small heavy wooden doors in rows on either side of the corridor.

The one creature cowers where it is at the head of its coffin as far away in the room as it can go.

Razin from his position on the floor beside the creature swings and hits.

[Round 5]

Jallembo holds.

Garrit hits again, this time the little salt undead falls to the ground, dissipating into a small pile of salt like the other one.

[~End~]

[sblock=ooc]NPCd Manon as related above.

Damage Recap:
Jallembo 5/5 - 1 Con
Garrit 19/19 - 1 Con - 4 Non-lethal
Ximix 7/7 - 1 Con
Razin 11/11 - 1 Con - 4 Non-lethal
Manon 7/7 - 2 Con
hp current/max have been adjusted due to the con damage.[/sblock]

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire

"That was most unpleseant," he says, wheezing a little.

He turns to Manon. "What has gotten into you my friend?"

Ximix

First Post
The relief on his fine features evident, Ximix relaxes the tension that had built up in the sudden struggle. The after-effects of the creatures attack were barely visible, yet he could see they all felt drained... the priest himself felt tired.

"I've no way to relieve the effects we feel, though I am sure a full days rest will help restore our vigor." Ximix states flatly. Knowing the exact petition, every syllable and intonation, for the lesser restoration prayer made it all the more frustrating that he could not find the grasp of it's power, could not channel it's meaning into anything beyond words.
The Elf, tired and a little rattled from the bizarre combat, actually showed his several centuries of age for a moment standing in the doorway.
"Shall we press on, there are a series of doors down this main hallway. Though by now, if there are any sentient creatures in this area they know we're here."

[sblock=Ximix's Spells]Just a recap, making it easier for reference, since he's contemplating his prayers anyways =-)

Orisons: 3

Guidance
Light
Read Magic

First Tier: 1+1 (+1 Domain )

Bless
Hide from Undead
Knowledge Domain: Detect Secret Doors
[/sblock]

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo hears the battle end and has a quick glance. It's all over.
"Wow! Well done guys! Sorry I missed that trap.. Everyone alright??"

Ximix said:
"Shall we press on, there are a series of doors down this main hallway. Though by now, if there are any sentient creatures in this area they know we're here."

"Hold on.. I think we need to check that room a bit.. What about the statue??" says Jallembo who jumps into the room and starts checking it thoroughly. He pays particular attention to the statue.
[sblock=DM]
search take 10 (1d20+16=18)[/sblock]

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
"Hold on.. I think we need to check that room a bit.. What about the statue??" says Jallembo who jumps into the room and starts checking it thoroughly. He pays particular attention to the statue.

"Oh... of course, I'll stand watch on the hallway."
The priest stands with his back to the room as the group looks through the tomb. He watches both down the hallway and occasionally looks to the opening the way they came.

[sblock=DM]Listen=24, Spot=6[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Searching the statue, Jallembo is rewarded when he finds that a particular phrase is seemingly highlighted on the statue's scroll. He can't read it though as it appears to be in the same old language that has been littered around the place (old Medibarian).

For the moment everything is as quiet as it was upon entering this age old crypt.

Amaury

First Post
hmmm I should have listened to my old ones and study more.. he thinks.

"Ximix! There's some scripture here again.. That old language that we saw in the corridor.. it looks.. strange.. Come!"

Jallembo indicates the scriptures to Ximix and continues to check the statue then the walls surrounding it. That statue was like commanding the un-dead creatures.. why? he wonders.

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
"Ximix! There's some scripture here again.. That old language that we saw in the corridor.. it looks.. strange.. Come!"

Jallembo indicates the scriptures to Ximix and continues to check the statue then the walls surrounding it.

Ximix descends the sharp drop and walks over to the statue, looking for some clue as to the meaning or purpose of such a strange carving. "Someone should keep watch on the hall," says the priest, almost absently as he takes in the statue.

Nervously, Ximix takes awhile to look the statue over, though he doesn't see anything but the obvious. Hopefully his skills will be more worthwhile in translation.
"Perhaps everyone should move back towards the entrance, just upon the chance that this statue should become animate. Pinning it at the doorway would be preferable to being pinned in this small room with it... I think." Never the boldest of tacticians, the Elf tries to think defensively.

[sblock=DM]Search=5, Knowledge=21 Ximix will not read the words aloud, at least not at first. He will wait to try to translate the runes until the group has responded to his tactics suggestion.[/sblock]

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 2 of Hyrag

Ximix said:
"Perhaps everyone should move back towards the entrance, just upon the chance that this statue should become animate. Pinning it at the doorway would be preferable to being pinned in this small room with it... I think."

"Perhaps you are right," he says, then will move to do so.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads