• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
Moving back to the entrance the group helps one another up the drop while Ximix clammers down. With Jallembo's pointers, Ximix spots the passage on the scroll held by the statue with ease. The passage is an interesting piece about the history of the Chromatic Order, detailing the beginnings of the school in Medibaria prior to the height of the empire. The highlighted word that Jallembo pointed out translates as Reveal.

Amaury

First Post
'Reveal'?.. I wonder if.. thinks Jallembo.

Jallembo repeats in a loud voice and to the best of his ability the word 'Reveal' in that old languague...

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: at the moment Ximix has only read the word silently to himself and he is the only one who can read it. we'll need to see if he says it, writes it down, or what have you. In addition all the other characters are safely out of the room until he says otherwise.

Ximix

First Post
Ximix moves back over to the doorway, reaching up to get help up to the hall level. Once among his comrades the Elf will calmly speak,
"The language is long dead, even the passage alludes to the time before the language was truly at it's peak, in this case the passage concerns a school, one Chromatic Order, which I believe to be chronicling it's rise prior to the Medibarian Empires subsequent ... "
Looking around the priest realizes that nobody really cares about dead civilizations and even less about their linguistic legacy or lack thereof. Clearing his throat, his voice takes on it's familiar monotone once again,
"The word most clearly highlighted in the passage is 'Reveal'. Perhaps one of our agile scouts would be best suited to attempt to activate whatever mechanism or spell is set in place upon this passage... though I would urge caution. To say it properly in the ancient tongue, Αποκαλύψτε, or more clearly, Ano-kav-wit in the modern human tongue. Is this clear? Who will go?"
Clearly the scholar in the Elven Cleric of the Arcane has surfaced... if any of you has had formal schooling the memories come flooding back...

Amaury

First Post
"I will.. stand away..." replies Jallembo.

He waits for the others to get outside the room and he says: "Apocalypse!"

[sblock=Ximix]you wrote a-p-o-k-a-l-i-f-t-e which I corrected to apocalypse... is it an Augury?? ;) [/sblock]

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
"I will.. stand away..." replies Jallembo.

He waits for the others to get outside the room and he says: "Apocalypse!"

[sblock=Amury and general OOC]
Amaury said:
you wrote a-p-o-k-a-l-i-f-t-e which I corrected to apocalypse... is it an Augury?? ;)
No, no correction necessary, was just using the Greek as a "Geek Speak", Ximix is Really Cerebral, an Arcanist that worships the god of the Arcane... his fervent faith is fueled as much by the pursuit of Arcane knowledge as his attachment to the deity.
So I was trying to have him do the "look at how smart I am" - not consciously mind you - just that's how he gets around academic issues... such as dead languages and ancient societies. You know the type.
So anyways, Ximix is trying to tell you how to pronounce the word because it does not have an equivalent in your tongue... (He's Elven so it's not his first language that he's translating to ...)
The way the word is spoken, In Common, is Ano-kav-wit, which translates from the old language to Common as Reveal... clear as mud yet? :)
[/sblock]

Amaury

First Post
[sblock=OOC]What are we waiting for?? ;) Seems to me that the game is veeeerry slow and participation minimalistic.. is it over? With respect to the others, their schedule, etc, only Ximix and I seem to play.. [/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: sorry, this weekend was rough, I should've let you know that I'd be away but I had been hoping to post. Look for one coming today. There are two more rooms and thats it. Stick it out a little longer and we'll finish this up quick.

Amaury

First Post
OOC: not throwing the stone at you Erekose. You're picking up a game in mid-course, it's understandable. I just think all players need to involve themselves a little bit more even if the action doesn't require it.. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads