• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - OoC X

Ayden

First Post
Velmont said:
He has a weapon... Sielwoodan have kept his warhammer during all that time. ;)

And here I thought you would have gotten tired of carrying that thing around all this time.

Also as a head's up, Ayden has aged 7 years total. Five from his first ordeal and then two additional years during the split.

Velmont

First Post
Nope, I got good use of it during the two years. And he also have kept his short sword as a grappling weapon, but will do the job as his main melee weapon too, after all, he prefers a lot much more being in ranged combat, and with his Efficient Quiver and Handy Haversack, he got a lot of arrows with him, but he will still watch the number, it is so easy to spend them. I hope to be able to reteive some after each fight.

kirinke

First Post
Heh. I got Teleri a haversack and bag of holding. Figure she's learned to carry lots of ammo with her, so she has around 200 arrows in the haversack amongst other things.

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
>>> I'm presuming that Laurent knows something about drow; and that his exposition is the result of a reasonable Bardic Knowledge check?

Hmm, well Laurent already had a Quiver and a Haversack and now we seem truly a group full of archers.

I thought long and hard about what to get him, and would have thought even longer and harder had I had my other books at not just had to rely on the DMG.

Does anyone want to give me some advice on this please?

Currently looking at:

Sell the Wood Shield of Electrical Resistance - he has no use for it, that gives him a total of 33,077 to play with:

Belt of Dwarvenkind - 14,900. The other option for darkvision is a bit stale, this however is much more interesting

Bow to be +1 Seeking - 8000. Because that may be useful and is more flavourful than a +2

Tan Bag of Tricks - 6,300. My summons will suck and that is a very Laurent Item to have

Hat of Disguise - 1800. Won't be useful but is very him

60 silver arrows
60 cold iron arrows

Total: 30,921

May buy some more stuff, as well as upgrade his armour (but that would mean selling some more stuff)

Ayden

First Post
Wilphe said:
Does anyone want to give me some advice on this please?

Currently looking at:

Sell the Wood Shield of Electrical Resistance - he has no use for it, that gives him a total of 33,077 to play with:

Belt of Dwarvenkind - 14,900. The other option for darkvision is a bit stale, this however is much more interesting

Bow to be +1 Seeking - 8000. Because that may be useful and is more flavourful than a +2

Tan Bag of Tricks - 6,300. My summons will suck and that is a very Laurent Item to have

Hat of Disguise - 1800. Won't be useful but is very him

60 silver arrows
60 cold iron arrows

Total: 30,921

May buy some more stuff, as well as upgrade his armour (but that would mean selling some more stuff)

Doesn't the belt give a -2 Chr penalty to offset the +2 Con penalty? With him being a bard primarily, I would think that any ding is more than you want to have on him.

I would look into either elvish chain, or mithril shirt for him. You can always have it glamoured later to make it more him and have it always look like regular clothes.

Ayden

First Post
Spells selected...will send e-mail off list if you want a detailed breakdown of them Majin. Mixed in spells from Spell Compendium and PHB.

SPELLS
[sblock]
DOMAIN SPELLS: 5
1st: Magic Fang
2nd: Restoration, Lesser
3rd: Remove Disease
4th: Reincarnate
5th: Animal Growth

ORISONS: 6
Read Magic x3
Detect Magic x3

1ST LVL: 6
Blessed Aim
Ironguts x2
Vigor, Lesser
Nimbus of Light
Comprehend Languages

2ND LVL: 6
Deific Vengeance
Infernal Wound
Bull Strength x2
Hold Person x2

3RD LVL: 4
Aid, Mass
Light of Venya
Weapon of Energy
Daylight

4TH LVL: 4
Panacea
Shield of Faith, Mass
Divine Power
Freedom of Movement

5TH LVL: 3
Commune
Vigor, Greater
Insect Plague [/sblock]

kirinke

First Post
Huh. Is the Spell Compendium worth buying?

Oh, here are Teleri's prepared spells. If you guy's have any suggestions to add to her spell selection choice, feel free to suggest! :) :]
SPELLS
[sblock]
DOMAIN SPELLS: 4
Moon Blade
Longstrider
Fly
Dimension Door

ORISONS: 6
Resistance x3
Guidance x3

1ST LVL: 5
Nimbus of Light (complete Divine)
Divine Favor
Protection from evil
Remove Fear
Shield of Faith

2ND LVL: 4
Bear’s Endurance
Bull’s Strength
Resist Energy
Shatter

3RD LVL: 4
Dispel Magic
Protection from Energy
Searing Light
Daylight

4TH LVL: 4
Divine Power x2
Dismissal
Energy Vortex (complete Divine) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
That's why I bought the Belt...

Laurent also has a couple of sun rods in case we end up in a no-magic zone.

Lots of food also

Remove ads