• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - OoC X

Velmont

First Post
Majin, could I bought a gem of Brigthness with less then 50 charges? A new gem is worth 13000gp, which mean the gem worth 260gp per charge. With only 1 charge left, it could be use as an everburning hooded lantern, but I might scratch an item I just bought to have at least 6 charges and get the possibility to blind a group of drow...

Also, could it be possible to have an helmet with the get socketed in it, so he can have both his hand free. That probably would mean the gem would only light foward and not all around, but at least, he would be able to use his bow at the same moment.

Last edited:

Ayden

First Post
Before we spend all that money, just mention the need IC and Ayden can mem some perm light spells. Either a continual light spell, or a globe spell that the controller can raise/lower the brightness as needed. The best part is...its free..:)

As far as the spell compendium goes, I personally think it is an amazing add-on to the PHB for both arcane/divine types.

Ayden

First Post
Just read the IC thread and wanted to throw my two coppers in on your question Kirinke.

Only you know what she would think to bring, so if you want her to have that stuff, pay the costs and throw it in the bag. I know personally, Ayden requested spells of buffing and utility spells, as he expects physical combat more than supernatural. If the other shows up, here is hoping that his turn ability isn't running weak today.

I am also holding up my post to see if Cal convinces the others to leave Ayden behind, or if the group manages to sway him into waiting the hour. Either would be understandable, but I just want to make sure I have the right starting point for the post.

Ayden

First Post
Velmont said:
Permanent globe of light? What is this spell? A new spell from the compendium?

Glowing Orb (from Spell Compendium)
[sblock=crunchy bits]
Level: Cleric 4, Sorc/Wiz 3
Comp: V, S, F
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Effect: Magical, Controllable light source
Duration: Perm
Saving Throw: None
SR: No

This spell places a magical light source inside a glass sphere roughly the size of a human fist. You can control the light level generated by a glowing orb by mental command (standard action), provided the orb is within 30 feet of you. The light level ranges from no light at all to illumination within a 60 foot radius. There is no limit to the amount of glowing orbs you can possess, and you can control their light independently or in concert.
If a glowing orb is smashed, the magic is lost. If you die, however, an orb retains its magic. Any character with an Int or Wis score of at least 13 can gain control of the orb simply by touching it.

Focus: A glass sphere, or similar item of no less than 50 gp, in which the light is placed. An orb usable for this purpose has hardness 0 and 2 hit points.[/sblock]

I figure if Majin did not object, Ayden could make one of these for anyone who could control it, as long as they had the 50 gp to pay the cost.

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan will take 15~30 minutes to say goodbye to felmir and be sure eh won't hate him for all hsi life to have left him behind. A donkey in the underdark is not the best thing. At teh first pit to climb down, he will be left behind, and with all those bag of hloding, we don't need him.

After that, I think I'll still buy at least an everburning torch, if not a 1 charge gem. Never know what can happen and it would be bad planning to have no light in the middle of the underdrak and being alone. Ok, he still have a few sunrod and can acst light at caster level 1 five time a day, but it's not that great.

And for Ayden, Sielwoodan will wait for him for sure. He suspect that Ayden have lived events that he can barely phantom, but he feel that Ayden havn't change that much, he is simply more lost in his mind than ever. That's why the archer gave an advice to Ayden.

Velmont

First Post
Ayden said:
Glowing Orb (from Spell Compendium)
[sblock=crunchy bits]
Level: Cleric 4, Sorc/Wiz 3
Comp: V, S, F
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Effect: Magical, Controllable light source
Duration: Perm
Saving Throw: None
SR: No

This spell places a magical light source inside a glass sphere roughly the size of a human fist. You can control the light level generated by a glowing orb by mental command (standard action), provided the orb is within 30 feet of you. The light level ranges from no light at all to illumination within a 60 foot radius. There is no limit to the amount of glowing orbs you can possess, and you can control their light independently or in concert.
If a glowing orb is smashed, the magic is lost. If you die, however, an orb retains its magic. Any character with an Int or Wis score of at least 13 can gain control of the orb simply by touching it.

Focus: A glass sphere, or similar item of no less than 50 gp, in which the light is placed. An orb usable for this purpose has hardness 0 and 2 hit points.[/sblock]

I figure if Majin did not object, Ayden could make one of these for anyone who could control it, as long as they had the 50 gp to pay the cost.

Sielwoodan would take one, rather than a gem or an everburning torch.

Wilphe

Adventurer
My thoughts on using a light source in the Underdark:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0024.html

Except that you need that sign to read:

"Hey !! Interloping surface dwellers right here. One little darkness spell and we'll be totally #####ed so you can butcher us at your leisure"

Not saying we couldn't play on that expectation and use it as an advantage; but it doesn't strike me as a good plan in and of itself

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads