• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - OoC X

hippocrachus

First Post
I prefer full resurrection to be honest. 5,000 gold for the daimond and whatever the spell cost by level is, right? Carry plenty of healing potions and stick close to the clerics/(druid/bard)/rangers and it might never need to come to that...

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan have his wand of CLW if we need it... but I would much more like raise over reincarnation, as my PrC have a racial restriction.

Ayden

First Post
I can do the raise dead, sadly the level zap will hit, but didn't know how the group wanted to handle it. However if push comes to shove, I plan on getting the Raise Dead put onto a scroll, will do it as we travel, so we have a cleric reset button if things do go bad for us. Although the prospect of Ayden literally being reborn, makes penning a reincarnation scroll a tempting thing also, especially if he was brought back as an elf, or perhaps even..a drow??? :)

Wilphe

Adventurer
I was thinking we could reincarnate Calenthang as a drow.
That would be, um, interesting.

I did give serious consideration to maybe buying some diamonds to be pooled if necessary or a Scroll of Reincarnation for Laurent. However it wouldn't be a sure thing for him even with his UMD check.

At the moment Teleri and Laurent are too low in level to use any such magic, which means that for "in house" resources we are dependent on Ayden for the moment. However I agree it would probably be best spending resources ensuring we stay alive rather than worrying about dying. This might involve running for our lives at some point.

In the last resort we have a couple of Bags of Holding, so we can just throw the deceased in there and worry about them later.

*Laurent has 2 and a half cure sticks, that should hopefully keep us going for a bit.

Ayden

First Post
Don't get me wrong, I hope we pull through every encounter relatively unscathed also, but I am also more inclined to realize that sooner or later, the dice gods will not be in our favor.

As far as the scroll goes, I have think that even if Teleri isn't fully able to do it, the miscast chance won't be too bad and it is worth risking.

All in all, I am sure Majin will be fair to us, he always has been. and unless we suddenly do bone headed things, I think we will be okay.

Wilphe

Adventurer
A scroll of Reincarnate would be 1700gp (DMG says 700 but that doesn't include the material cost).

If I sell the two "useless" wands:
Hold Person (270gp)
&
Colour Spray (90gp)

That is only 360
I don't really want to sell anything else at this point; as both Shielf and Melfs should be quiet useful

Ayden

First Post
I plan on working on Scribing one as we go. I will pay the XP cost and gold also from what we find along the way. Cheaper than buying one and more in character for him to do it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads