• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Large and in Charge...

FCWesel

First Post
A player at my table has this Feat, he is a Half-Ogre Monk. We played it out for the first time last night when he and the dwarven barbarian were "play fighting". It is a devistating feat.

Here's what I ruled when this exact thing happened.

If the attacking character/creature does a full round action to get to the "L&C" character abd is stopped....He cannot do anything else.

If the attacking character/creature does a partial round action (ie does a single Move) to get to the "L&C" character and is stopped...
* He cannot attack obviously unless he has reach
* He can do a Move Equivalent action, but CAN'T actually move out of the square.
* He could use a spell, drink a potion and so on. However if he is changing his spell froma previously declared one, I will allow a Concentration roll for the new spell with a +10 to the TN.

Anything else I am missing?

Spatzimaus

First Post
hong said:
It gives you an extra attack on someone who tries to approach you.

Err, huh? You still only get one AoO per target (even with Combat Reflexes), and it's not giving you an AoO that you wouldn't have had already.

Since this Feat is very similar to Stand Still (the Psionic Feat), which explicitly stops movement, I'd say this does the same. It'd be totally useless if it didn't.

Trine

First Post
Since this Feat is very similar to Stand Still (the Psionic Feat), which explicitly stops movement, I'd say this does the same. It'd be totally useless if it didn't.
To quote Hypersmurf: "I break his sword... with my Eagle Claw Attack!"

Technik4

First Post
Well even if it doesnt stop movement it would stop charges (they hae to be in a straight unbroken line, so getting shoved back stops the charge), so it is good for something. It would also (by this reasoning) stop someone tumbling past yes (forcing them to use another MEA to get closer, or if they are wiser, to just leave)?

In the dwarf barbarian vs half-ogre monk scenario why didnt the dwarf just take the full defense manevuer (+6 dodge bonus to ac, you move your speed) and get personal with the monk. Sure barbs arent known for their AC, but anyone with a +6 in an equal level fight is improving their chances substantially. Next round, rage and get a full attack on the monk.

Technik

Mahali

Explorer
Technik4 said:
It would also (by this reasoning) stop someone tumbling past yes (forcing them to use another MEA to get closer, or if they are wiser, to just leave)?
Technik

Problem is you don't get an AoO when they tumble in. It doesn't take much to make these feats useless against tumbling opponents.

Remove ads