Larry's Test Run (closed)

larryfinnjr

First Post
Madman

Stepping out of the darkness, the Frog Lord of Croakinia raises his hands high, ready to unleash unholy hell upon the hapless intruders. The skies open! Clouds form! The gathering storm erupts! Great bolts of lightning arc across the horizon and a deafening chorus of mating toads assaults the entire party's ears.

(Yeah, underground...that's right, he's that good.)

Dribbles' head explodes. "NNNNNnnggth!OOOOOF!!"

OOC: Warren's at 4hp with OG 5 fire dmg... um..... hrm.........

[sblock=Combat]
Initiative
24 Madman
14 Jordan
11 Warren
11 Danny
9 Hot Bones
3 Jack
2 Zombies

PC Status
Jordan - Vampire - 2/2 surges, 17/22 hit points
Warren - Scout - 8/8 surges, 4/25 hit points, OG 5 fire (save ends), bloodied, slowed (save ends)
Danny - Warden - 13/13 surges, 18/35 hit points
Jack - Invoker - 10/10 surges, 28/28 hit points

Monster Status
Madman -
Dribbles - 39 hp dmg, DEAD
Hot Bones -
Droolie - 9 hp dmg

Turn #1
Madman - blabber and jabber, chanting and ribbiting
Jordan - charge the darkness, find Dribbles, miss
Warren - Aspect of the Ram, charge MBA - hit, dual attack - hit, 25 dmg to Dribbles
Danny - Resilience of Life vs. Dribbles, miss
Hot Bones - Flame Orb vs. Warren, hit, 12 fire dmg + OG5 fire
Jack - Grasping Shards, hit both Zombies and Warren, 9 radiant dmg per Zombie, bloodies Warren
Zombies - Dribbles smash Danny, hit for 12 dmg / Droolie smash Warren, miss

Turn #2
Madman - Thunderburst vs. Danny-hit / Warren-hit / Jordan-hit / Dribbles-hit / Jack-miss, 5dmg
Jordan -
Warren -
[/sblock]

Up next: Jordan, Warren's death save, and Danny

New Map

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
GM: Feel free to post of of turn if it's 1) not too far out of turn and 2) if you believe your play would not be affected by the previous person.

whardell

Explorer
With my dying breath I curse the invoker for nailing me with a spell... Thats right the invoker is twice cursed.

OOC:
I understand sometimes the controller will friendly fire the party. But if its a striker at half health with og 5, maybe its not a good idea

Last edited:

trolled

First Post
"That fire looks painful."

OOC: Delay until Warren collapses in a fiery heap.

"Oh now that just isn't cool. You killed my source of gnome kabobs."

OOC: Move: J6 (standing over Warren)
Standard: Vampire Slam against Droolie.
If it hits, no action: Blood Drinker (+1d10 damage, I gain a healing surge)
Action Point: Heal check on Warren.

OOC: Oh well, probably missed the attack, Blood Drinker doesn't go off (damage was terrible anyway). If it somehow hit, Droolie is pushed 1. Made the 10 on the heal check, so Warren's second wind goes off. He would be entitled to a save vs. the ongoing when he died, though.

Last edited:

Blutspitze

Explorer
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Our Scout friend!!!!!!!!

Looks over to Droolie, moves to I6.

Taste the wrath of my *looks at hand*...... SWORD!!!!!!!

OOC: Resilience of Life on Droolie
Wrath of Nature to mark him/it

OOC: I get one temp, assuming the 20 hits

Take that smelly monster!!!!! *looks at Jordan*..... Not you, you're OK.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
With my dying breath I curse the invoker for nailing me with a spell... Thats right the invoker is twice cursed.

OOC:
I understand sometimes the controller will friendly fire the party. But if its a striker at half health with og 5, maybe its not a good idea

As the lights begin to go out on broadway for Warren, he invokes the Curse of the Invoker, which, normally, would leave a man doubled over in pain. Unfortunately, Invokers are immune, and the words roll off Jack's back.

GM: needed 3x saves - one death save, one for slowed, and another for the OG

As he falls to the ground, the fire is snuffed out and Warren's feet again resemble Warren's feet. "Get off me you freak! Oh, and thanks..." Warren blushes as he wiggles loose from under Jordan, who has to step to the side to give Warren's token some breathing room on the map. The grip of death, however, is still upon him....

To follow: Jordan, already posted, stand by

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
"That fire looks painful."

OOC: Delay until Warren collapses in a fiery heap.

"Oh now that just isn't cool. You killed my source of gnome kabobs."

OOC: Move: J6 (standing over Warren)
Standard: Vampire Slam against Droolie.
If it hits, no action: Blood Drinker (+1d10 damage, I gain a healing surge)
Action Point: Heal check on Warren.

OOC: Oh well, probably missed the attack, Blood Drinker doesn't go off (damage was terrible anyway). If it somehow hit, Droolie is pushed 1. Made the 10 on the heal check, so Warren's second wind goes off. He would be entitled to a save vs. the ongoing when he died, though.

Looking around for the closest vampire, Jordan chooses himself and throws himself bodily into the lumbering Droolie. Amazingly, unbelievably, extraordinarily amazingly, this zombie isn't quick like most of its kin. It barely registers something is moving toward it full steam as the vampire slams itself into it. Knocked senseless by his own attack, Jordan's head lolls to one side and his teeth come to rest on the zombie's neck. Dinner is served, and Jordan suddenly feels a little more...human.

GM: so when there are possible rolls, like here depending on a hit or not, please go ahead and roll them on your post...if they take effect, I'll carry them over.

Not quite finished, Jordan turns his attention to his just fallen comrade. In his bloodlust, he leans over to inhale the perfect scent of roast drow but, at the last second, decides a kiss on the cheek would do better, which causes Warren to pull out of his dying stupor.

Coming up: Danny, already posted, stand by...

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Our Scout friend!!!!!!!!

Looks over to Droolie, moves to I6.

Taste the wrath of my *looks at hand*...... SWORD!!!!!!!

OOC: Resilience of Life on Droolie
Wrath of Nature to mark him/it

OOC: I get one temp, assuming the 20 hits

Take that smelly monster!!!!! *looks at Jordan*..... Not you, you're OK.

Wondering why Nature suddenly has it in for him, Droolie watches as the olfactory-challenged warden lunges, pokes, and stabs at him. "His technique is suberb, if only he could work on his footwork some more, he might one day be a true hero..." Droolie thinks to himself as little more than "Gnnnnthhh!" escapes his lips and viscera escapes his wounds. "Bit of a bloody pickle I'm in here..."

Up next, Hot Bones, stand by...

larryfinnjr

First Post
Hot Bones

Somehow congnizant of the ruckus on the other side of the wall, Hot Bones strolls out to see how things are going. Stepping up to Danny, he opens and shuts his jaw while waving one hand around, as if speaking, or would be speaking if his mouth wasn't full of fire, if he had lungs and vocal cords, and if skeletons really had anything of interest to say. Realizing this, and frustrated by his own lack of communication skills, Hot Bones simply lashes out with his hand and slaps Danny across the face with what would have been a firey blow, but, not.

GM: note the red aura around Hot Bones - he's hot! red hot! burning hot! as in staying in his aura would hurt hot!

[sblock=Combat]
Initiative
24 Madman
11 Warren
Jordan
11 Danny
9 Hot Bones
3 Jack
2 Zombies

PC Status
Jordan - Vampire - 2/2 surges, 17/22 hit points
Warren - Scout - 7/8 surges, 6/25 hit points, bloodied, prone, ONE FAILED DEATH SAVE
Danny - Warden - 13/13 surges, 18+1/35 hit points
Jack - Invoker - 10/10 surges, 28/28 hit points

Monster Status
Madman -
Dribbles - 39 hp dmg, DEAD
Hot Bones -
Droolie - 33 hp dmg, bloody

Turn #1

Madman - blabber and jabber, chanting and ribbiting
Jordan - charge the darkness, find Dribbles, miss
Warren - Aspect of the Ram, charge MBA - hit, dual attack - hit, 25 dmg to Dribbles
Danny - Resilience of Life vs. Dribbles, miss
Hot Bones - Flame Orb vs. Warren, hit, 12 fire dmg + OG5 fire
Jack - Grasping Shards, hit both Zombies and Warren, 9 radiant dmg per Zombie, bloodies Warren
Zombies - Dribbles smash Danny, hit for 12 dmg / Droolie smash Warren, miss

Turn #2

Madman - Thunderburst vs. Danny-hit / Warren-hit / Jordan-hit / Dribbles-hit / Jack-miss, 5dmg
Warren - falls to -1 hp, makes saves vs slow and OG, fails death save, falls prone
Jordan - delays, Vamp slam + Blood Drinker vs. Droolie, 17 dmg, +1 surge Jordan, AP Heal check
Warren, success, Warren pops Second Wind, at 6hp, Jordan moved to K6
Danny - mark and Resilience of Life on Droolie, hit, 7 dmg, Danny +1 temp
Hot Bones - Blazing Claw at Danny, miss
Jack -
Zombies -
[/sblock]

New Map

Up Next: Jack, Droolie, and the Madman

Last edited:

Remove ads