Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 1 - Homeless)

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kel nods his agreement to the half-orc and then carefully watches his reaction as the kobold changes the plan.

Happy to have the decision made by the chosen of the refugees, the wild elf sinks down in to the foliage and starts to quietly edge his way into position, pulling a short spear from the long quiver that hangs from his back as he moves. Dearheart soars silently above him ready, if need be, to dive at the goblins as a distration.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Scaled little cowardly scoundrel... Let him go uphill... Break a leg Rix.

"Sounds like a sensible suggestion, from up there you'll be at a a good vantage point for whomever comes from inside. Anything to add Elf?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Rix nods and disappears into the brush skirting around the cave opening towards the top of the hill.

OOC: Taking my time and trying to put a good 30 ft. radius between myself and the goblins as I circle and especially while I climb up the hill. Take 10 if possible. Hide +11, Move Silently +7 (don't forget distance modifiers ;)).

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kel stops and looks over his shoulder at the orcs hissed question "Yes. Let us kill these goblins, rid the area of one more evil, and then we can move the kobolds out of the ruins and you and your people can leave me and mine alone. Unless you're concerned about killing your cousins?" the elf replies nonchalantly to the paladin.

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Choose your terms carefully, "cousins" implies family or pack. "My people" are those who defend this land."
By the Huntress!, why did he offer himself for the job?

Said this, Alexander unsheathes his scimitar and starts moving cautiously towards the bushes at the right of the cave's entrance.

OOC:Hide +6, Move Silently +6

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The killing is brutally quick.

Rix manages to quietly work himself around the hill and atop of the cave entrance as Alexander circles through the bushes, crawling then through the brush until he is nearly touching the right-most humanoid. At a signal from Rix, all pounce at the goblin guards.

Alexander leaps from the ground like a flying spear, driving his scimitar through the back of his opponent, instantly killing him. The second goblin fumbles for his weapon while screaming in horror, only to be interrupted by a crossbow bolt from Rix that strikes his throat and silences him forever. The battle lasts only a few seconds, too quick for Kel and Lira to engage.

Kel sends his familiar skyward to scout around as Alexander examines the cave and finds it sealed by a metal gate. Lira puts the gurgling goblin out of his misery, while Rix searches the bodies, finding a total of 8 sp, a rusted spear and short sword, and the key that opens the metal gate.

With a gentle click and a loud squeak the gate comes open, allowing access to the halls below.

OOC: I am using a generic elven fighter for Question and a generic elven druid for D20Dazza until the two of you repost your characters in the Rogue's Gallery. Please repost them when you get the chance. Not a big deal this time, since I rolled unbelievably bad for the goblins, and awesome for Rix and Alexander this round.

The rogue's gallery is here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=162272

Ferrix

Explorer
Rix nods wordlessly, I knew it would work, no question there. "Sorry you two missed out on the fun, better be quicker next time." A draconic chuckle rolls from his throat, a humorous malevolence present in the sound.

He will check to see if he can recover the bolt he just used, and then slowly manuevers into the darkness on point keeping to the wall for cover and shadows.

OOC: Search +14, Hide +11, Move Silently +7, Listen +4, Spot +4

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kel's bird comes back to him, but has nothing to report. Rix tries to reclaim his bolt, but finds that the head splintered after passing through his enemy's jugular, rendering it worthless.

Taking the lead, the kobold detects no traps or goblins as the party enters the first main room, far from the cave entrance. The room is 50' wide, by 70 feet long. The room is an artificial creation, with several stone columns carved out of natural stone and depicting scenes of what looks to be kobolds worshipping a dragon. A tunnel leads into the unknown to each of the north, east, and west directions. The tunnel you just came from points towards the south. There are no signs of goblins in this room.

Remove ads