• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 1 - Homeless)

Land Outcast

Explorer
At the sight of the corpses, Alexander looks silently at Rix... and his thoughts drift away...

-
I wonder if they have felt my absence at the shrine during this month... Heh, this deer will be motive of a good celebration, noone fell one this size before... Strange, I should be hearing the noises of people by this time, I'm near enough...
Ash, cold ash and carbonized buildings, footsteps, scores of footsteps, splinters of bone...
What!?... The shrine! Destroyed! What's that thing shining down there?...
The holy symbol of the Huntress, still grasped tightly by the decaying hand of the acolyte who took care of the shrine, and besides it, a piece of a broken blade...
-

Suddenly he returns to his senses, and says nothing but shakes his head.

Scoundrels or not, these two were his people...

"watch your head"

"...Eh? Sure, yes"

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The group continues down the tunnel, eventually reaching the end without a problem, although Alexander has trouble fitting his body through. At the end, Rix turns a stone against the wall, which causes a secret door to slide open and reveals a large goblin playing catch with two large, feral-looking wolves.

The goblin stands at the center of the room, while tossing a femur to one of the wolves. The remnants of a ragged bed with a form laying in it stands at the far corner of the room, with a chest at the foot of it. The walls are decorated in primitive goblin war banners. The second wolf begins to sniff the air and growls.

Question

First Post
Lira quietly whispers to her comrades "We must strike now! The wolves are picking up our scent and the advantage of surprise will soon be lost!"

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Surprise has already been lost" musters Alexander, and nods at Lira's words.
"Strike!"

And with this, Alexander charges at the goblin, hoping to take by surprise the wolves so that they can't react, his scimitar rises, ready to make an ascendant arc and bite into goblin flesh.

Ferrix

Explorer
Rix stays back in the shadows of the hidden tunnel and draws out his crossbow, takes aim and fires at one of the wolves, figuring it as more dangerous than the goblin.

OOC: Initiative: +5; Light Crossbow +6 (+2 hidden & denied Dex) 1d6 dmg + 1d6 SA dmg

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As Lira and Alexander yell and rush into the room, Rix fires a shot from his crossbow, catching one of the wolves flat-footed, and hearing a satisfying yelp. The large goblin and other wolf jump from this, and turn to face Lira and Alexander.

The goblin leader blocks the blows of Lira and Alexander, although Lira's second blade gets past his guard and slices his side, causing a trickle of blood to flow. Kel fires his sling at the wolf Rix hit, striking the wolf with a critical blow between the eyes, although the creature still stands on wobbly legs.

Both wolves recover from the shock of being attacked, while the goblin leader is able to draw his short sword.

Question
OOC: Thank you for putting up your character sheet.

D20Dazza
OOC: Still using a generic druid, which matters little when I roll 20s for you.

Ferrix

Explorer
Rix loads another bolt into his crossbow, takes aim and looses steel at the wobbly-legged wolf.

OOC: +6 Light Crossbow 1d6 dmg; +1d6 SA and denied Dex if able to act pre-wolf in the initiative count if what was posted was the surprise round

D20Dazza

Explorer
"They are forced to do these foul deeds" the druid says as he concentrates his fire on the goblin "The next time we encounter animals let me first try and deal with them"

OOC: I've got 3 PCs to finish and a game to get started, I'll try desperately hard to get Kel reworked in the next day or so.

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Sure, lets just get done with this" Answers Alexander without stoppping his movement, he changes the direction of the scimitar to produce a oblique arc to the goblin's shoulder, while at the same time throwing in a stab with the dagger.

OOC: Description of the room?

Remove ads