Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 1 - Homeless)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: From the last post there seems to be confusion about where you are, so I will take the party a step back.

Alexander and Alexis have taken the lead and reached the bottom of the staircase, the rest of the group following. You can stand comfortably here. You notice a tunnel in a nearby wall that looked like a natural collapse from a distance. As you walk closer you realize that it is actually an artificial creation. Someone has dug a tunnel directly into this basement. The tunnel snakes off to the right after 10 feet and is small in size, which will cause everyone except Rix to have to stoop uncomfortably if you enter, since the ceiling is slightly less than five feet in height.

Land Outcast

Explorer
When Alexander lands at the floor of the basement ha scans the place with his sight and proceeds to examine the entrance to the tunnel... Specially looks how long the tunnel goes before turning or if his sight doesn't reach that point.

Kobold tunnels...

"Maybe Rix should take the lead now, we must play to our strengths" Alexander stops, lets the rest of the party survey the situation, and after the suggestion waits for a negative from Rix who seems delighted in taking the contrary decision to him.

Question

First Post
Err deuce just a hint but im starting to see signs of the game getting stalled, this might be a good time to fast forward everyone a bit to the next step in the adventure(you can just assume we all entered the tunnel and such)....

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Ok, I will assume that Rix is going first.

The passage through the tunnel continues for about 10 feet before it bends towards the right. Rix and Alexander are in the lead and notice that the passage continues 25 more feet after this bend and opens into what looks like a larger chamber with several tools and rope lying in the center, although they will have to enter the room to receive more details.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kel follows cautiously near the back of the group, his eyes straining to make the most of the low light that seeps down the tunnel from the room above.

Seeing the tunnel they have been slinking down widening into a room the elf druid slips a stone into the small leather cup of his sling and follows the group forward.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Alexander waits patiently for Rix to advance into the room, knowing he surely is delaying moving fowards just because he will be bothered by it, being the tallest of the group and having to stoop down more than anyone else.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As Rix searches the tunnel before the chamber opening, a small bolt flies into the tunnel and leaves a gash across the thief's right arm (causes 2 hp of damage). You see a small shape scurry behind a couple of barrels that lie in the chamber, and a small voice yells something unintelligible.

Rix
[sblock]
You're unsure of what was just said, as your vision has gone red with pain and you weren't listening after being shot. However, you do catch enough to realize that someone has warned you not to come any further in your racial language.
[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Raising his hand in a fist to stop the others from rash action, his voice calls out in his own sibilant tongue. He pauses to grimace at his wound, then continues in the draconic tongue.

[sblock=DM]In draconic, "I have meant no intrusion kin, these others poke and prod in the manner of brutes." He grimaces at his wound, "I saw evidence of my kin here, may I have counsel with the All-Watcher?"

[All-Watcher is the leader of a kobold tribe][/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
While looking in annoyance at the cut on his arm, Rix says something you cannot understand into the chamber ahead of you. A creature answers in a similar language, and after a moment a kobold comes into view, disables what looks to have been a hidden trip wire at the end of the tunnel, and lets the party into the antechamber. Two other kobolds stand in the room, each holding a small crossbow at the ready, but not trained on you.

Rix
[sblock]
A voice answers, "Hold then if you be a brother." A moment later a fellow kobold comes into view and looks you over. He must realize that you are what you say you are because he then says, "Watch your step here, kin." Walking forward he disables a trip wire that was just a few steps ahead of you.

"Come forward and explain who you are and what you are doing here while the All-Watcher decides whether to see you," the kobold says demandingly, while holding a long dagger at his side. You notice two other kobolds, each armed with a small crossbow, standing in the room.
[/sblock]

Remove ads